What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

I mean, it's obviously going to be different since it's about a real man who designed planes in WWII but at the same time I do get why it's not for everyone.
It's not so much the "realism" to it that I find lacking, (as a matter of fact it breaks into the fantastic quite often). But I find that the narrative itself was rather dry. It just doesn't "move" as much as his other pictures. All other Miyazaki films have this wonderful flow and pace, you often forget your immersed inside a complete fairy tale. But with The Wind Rises, I find the narrative moves at a snails pace. Like you said, it's not for everyone. But this is my main upset about it. I do have it, so I'll give it another go sometime, just not my favorite work of his.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

My Come and See that I preordered from Amazon finally came in! I'll be interested to see how Criterion handled this film. To me, I find this film to be the greatest war movie ever made.

Kakarot89: The Infamous Thread Killer
The Sting (never seen it but like the cast)
Barking Dogs Never Bite (big Bong Joon-ho fan, have all his other movies and this one seems to have gotten re-released due to Parasite)
Missing Link (it's Laika)
Jules & Jim (Truffaut fan, part of a set)
Shoot the Pianist (Truffaut fan, part of a set)
Anne Muriel (Truffaut fan, part of a set)
A Gorgeous Girl (Truffaut fan, part of a set)

Not a particular fan of Eastwood, but it’s 5 movies of his on the disk - Sudden Impact, etc. - so it’s worth buying.

Worst Case, We Get Married (2017)

I bought this because I'm a Sophie Nelisse fan, and I couldn't find this movie to stream anywhere. I couldn't even find a site that lets you pay to stream it. So, we'll see when the DVD arrives in the mail. I'm still waiting for The Human Condition. They said it would take up to 8 days, and it's now been 15 days.
It arrived, and it was a book. Literally this arrived:

They tricked me by using the picture from the DVD, and I didn't look carefully enough to realise it was a book, so I had to order it again. It looks like a good book, I'm just not fluent enough in French to read it and fully understand it.

Indeed! I purchase DVDs, as a matter of fact they are as a rule for my mum (she has a remarkable assortment), however I do purchase (or get) DVDs for myself.

In spite of the fact that I use things like Netflix and Prime, you don't get everything on there, and I like to keep my DVDs available to me, not to make sure I'm not constrained to spilling administrations, yet in addition so I don't need to depend on the web.

I realize I need power to play a DVD, however you needn't bother with WIFI, so it limits on what I have to watch something as basic as a film. That, and I can watch it on the TV, not on the PC.

I comprehend that individuals figure DVDs will be outdated one day, and I do concur, however I don't think it'll be at any point in the near future, not until everything is 100% on the web and it's not anyplace close to being that way.

There's my last order just arrived today

Sorry there it is
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200715_165504.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	418.5 KB
ID:	66215  

Found it for 18 bucks in a second hand shop. The boxing is slightly worn and one of the cases is damaged. But still, what luck!
Good deal every film fan must have buster keaton box set. I have one me to.
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	15949273849296777014196406631465.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	379.2 KB
ID:	66252  

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

When I watched the new dub on 9anime a while ago, I liked it enough to consider it worth owning and there was only one copy left at Walmart so it made sense to go ahead and grab it.

I bought Gold because it is a very funny and interesting movie with a great plot.I'd seen it before on tv and it was totally worth the moment to boys it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
It's possible that for the first time since I was about 17-18(when dvds came out), that I haven't and most likely won't buy a dvd this year.

I currently have Netflix, Amazon and another device with a large selection.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

cause i love 80s,90s,early 2000s movies better then todays movies

SAMUEL!!!!! (Tristan?!)
SAAAAAAMUEL!!!! (TRISTAN?!)

"skRRrr'm!!!!"
That's right, paw. Screw'em.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Family guy boxset

Gotta be one of the funniest shows of all time hands down.