Bait (2014)
Aaaaaaaah! (2015)
#Horror (2015)

+
Revolt Of The Zombies (1936)
Night Of The Ghouls (1959)
Dr. Sex (1964)
The War Of The Robots (1978)
Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)
Willow Creek (2013)
Bella Vista (2014)
The Quiet Ones (2014)

(Note for Yin: they're not actually mine, I had no hand whatsoever in bringing any of these to a cinema near anyone)
i wouldn't expect anything worse from a movie title like "dr. sex". Once this thread wears out i'm gonna have to start a deliciously campy movies thread, cuz i have a couple a them up my sleeve.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Read it. Didn’t need to. You’re attempting to conflate German people with Nazis in some at best completely ill advised “we need both sides!” centrism and at worst, trying to obfuscate the reality of the atrocities the film depicts.
I've never seen the film in question, but having observed the entire discussion so far you are certainly over-simplifying every single thing that Citizen Rules has said. Not everything can be put on a political spectrum, and ideology is a slippery topic at best, arguably everything human is ideology and making it into left/center/right is a travesty.

I've never seen the film in question, but having observed the entire discussion so far you are certainly over-simplifying every single thing that Citizen Rules has said. Not everything can be put on a political spectrum, and ideology is a slippery topic at best, arguably everything human is ideology and making it into left/center/right is a travesty.
Did you just say I politicized talking about literal Nazis?

Talking to you is kinda like a trap, isn't it?
It helps to understand the subject you’re diving into. Try it!

Alright, well i'm gonna go ahead and bring up a movie that i thought was "deliciously bad" and thought was really funny, but overall is completely terrible.

The first time i tried watching this, i could only get through 30 minutes because it's disgusting.

On a similar vein, last year I saw ThanksKilling which was so stupid that I couldn't stop laughing at it

I mean, I couldn't call a film like that "the worst movie ever" because it's doing precisely what it sets out to do

Count me as an un-fan of Silver Linings Playbook. I shut it off after only 15 minutes. Maybe it got better? But the first 15 minutes convinced me to find the remote control, which wasn't hard as it was in my hand

Cannonball Run
blew....but Gumball Rally wasa fun race film. I've not seen Cannonball with David Carradine, I need to find that one.

On a similar vein, last year I saw ThanksKilling which was so stupid that I couldn't stop laughing at it

I mean, I couldn't call a film like that "the worst movie ever" because it's doing precisely what it sets out to do

I'm going to watch that on thanks giving, what good timing!

It's awful by any objective standard, but there are a couple of gags and jokes that seriously had me rolling in the floor just by their sheer stupidity. Enjoy

The Fog (2005)
Black Christmas (2019)
Inside (2016)
Martyrs (2015)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010)
April Fool's Day (2008)

Go read my full review or you ain't got no ground to stand on.
I read the full review.

When you posted “Not one of the German soldiers are shown to be human, not one of them is shown to be reluctant to follow orders to burn alive men women and children”, it opens up a very tricky discussion. Knowing the atrocities committed by the Germans in WWII, it would be hard to convince anyone that they were, in fact, “human,” at least at that time.

I read the full review.

When you posted “Not one of the German soldiers are shown to be human, not one of them is shown to be reluctant to follow orders to burn alive men women and children”, it opens up a very tricky discussion. Knowing the atrocities committed by the Germans in WWII, it would be hard to convince anyone that they were, in fact, “human,” at least at that time.
yeah, i think there's a huge problem with movies and movie criticism concerning "the proper way to portray people". To be completely honest, one of the reasons i despised promising woman so much is that it leaves an obvious implication that practically all men just want to sexually take advantage of vulnerable women. I'm not so much personally enraged by it, and i actually watched the whole thing because it was exciting/suspenseful enough for me, but i do think that film makers should try to not to insult people with atrocious acting and bad design.

I've been watching the special features on my The Wire box set, and some woman in the audience got insulted by a possible cowardly portrayal of defense attorneys, lol...a sensitive subject indeed! The many shades of black face...

yeah, i think there's a huge problem with movies and movie criticism concerning "the proper way to portray people". To be completely honest, one of the reasons i despised promising woman so much is that it leaves an obvious implication that practically all men just want to sexually take advantage of vulnerable women. I'm not so much personally enraged by it, and i actually watched the whole thing because it was exciting/suspenseful enough for me, but i do think that film makers should try to not to insult people with atrocious acting and bad design.

I've been watching the special features on my The Wire box set, and some woman in the audience got insulted by a possible cowardly portrayal of defense attorneys, lol...a sensitive subject indeed! The many shades of black face...
Promising Woman was atrocious.

Seen The Wire many times. “Defense attorneys” … “black face”. Not sure what you’re referring to?

Promising Woman was atrocious.

Seen The Wire many times. “Defense attorneys” … “black face”. Not sure what you’re referring to?
black face is now a highly socially un-acceptable thing that people do/did where someone of lighter skin tries to portray themselves as a black person. Look it up, it largely seems to be an american thing, and the criticisms of it mostly stem from its usage in early american film.

and the thing on The Wire special: on my boxset, there is a Q&A session with David Simon, other creators, and the actors with an audience. Some woman in the audience, who was/is a defense attorney, expressed that there was a scene where D'Angelo Barkdale's defense attorney was pushing aware morbid pictures, and she was basically saying that this was a negative depiction of defense attorneys in her question to David Simon (the main writer/creator).

I tried to find a you-tube video of the Q&A session so you can get the raw footage, but it appears that only the makers of the box set wanted those who fork up cash to see it

black face is now a highly socially un-acceptable thing that people do/did where someone of lighter skin tries to portray themselves as a black person. Look it up, it largely seems to be an american thing, and the criticisms of it mostly stem from its usage in early american film.

and the thing on The Wire special: on my boxset, there is a Q&A session with David Simon, other creators, and the actors with an audience. Some woman in the audience, who was/is a defense attorney, expressed that there was a scene where D'Angelo Barkdale's defense attorney was pushing aware morbid pictures, and she was basically saying that this was a negative depiction of defense attorneys in her question to David Simon (the main writer/creator).

I tried to find a you-tube video of the Q&A session so you can get the raw footage, but it appears that only the makers of the box set wanted those who fork up cash to see it
Fully aware of black face, but didn’t understand your point from special. I own the box set so I can look myself.

Fully aware of black face, but didn’t understand your point from special. I own the box set so I can look myself.
it's on the first season features, look for "Q&A"

Interesting to see Promising Young Woman mentioned so many times here. I'm not sure if it's Oscar worthy, but I still think it's a pretty good thriller about "nice guys" and why they're not to be trusted. What are some of the issues you all have with it?

The trick is not minding
Interesting to see Promising Young Woman mentioned so many times here. I'm not sure if it's Oscar worthy, but I still think it's a pretty good thriller about "nice guys" and why they're not to be trusted. What are some of the issues you all have with it?
I really enjoyed Promising Young Woman, as well. Save for the end. Something about the ending felt….off? It’s hard to put my finger on it.