Children's movie about a snow fort war, maybe set in Canada?

Tools    

Here's another question about an obscure (possibly made-for-tv) children's movie. I used to watch it on the Disney Channel back in the 80's, so it probably came out in the 70's or 80's. It was likely set in Canada since I think I remember them having Canadian accents. It was about two groups of children (probably around age 10 to 12 or 13, maybe a bit older) who built snow forts and they had some kind of snow fort war. There was some romantic storyline going on as well, where the boy from one side fell for the girl from the other side. Does anyone remember what this movie is?

Yep, that's likely it - thank you! I must have watched a dubbed version when I was little - didn't even realize it. From my memory the movie was darker and more moody, but I can't imagine it being anything else. I also don't remember a dog :-/