2013 Oscar Best Actress

Tools    

If you could vote for Best Actress, you'd vote for...?
29.17%
7 votes
Jessica Chastain, ZERO DARK THIRTY
33.33%
8 votes
Jennifer Lawrence, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
8.33%
2 votes
Emmanuelle Riva, AMOUR
8.33%
2 votes
Quvenzhané Wallis, BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD
20.83%
5 votes
Naomi Watts, THE IMPOSSIBLE
24 votes. You may not vote on this poll

These are the five performances the Academy has highlighted. Which was your favorite?

Jessica Chastain, ZERO DARK THIRTY
Jennifer Lawrence, SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK
Emmanuelle Riva, AMOUR
Quvenzhané Wallis, BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD
Naomi Watts, THE IMPOSSIBLE

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	chastain.jpg
Views:	833
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	9879   Click image for larger version

Name:	lawrence.jpg
Views:	821
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	9880   Click image for larger version

Name:	Riva.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	9881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wallis.jpg
Views:	817
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	9882   Click image for larger version

Name:	Watts.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	9883  

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Emmanuelle Riva was flawless in Amour. Too bad Trintignant didn't get the actor nomination.

Naomi Watts just because she looks like she deserves it based on the picture alone.

Jennifer Lawrence. I loved her in Silver Linings Playbook. I loved her so much that while I was leaving the theatre after watching the film, I told my wife that she deserved the Oscar.

I must add that I am glad the Academy nominated the young Quvenzhané Wallis. I was surprised when she got snubbed at the Golden Globes.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I saw Watts performance and it is a good one indeed. And I know a lot of the academy is behind it, so I do think she has a fighting chance, luckily. Haven't seen the other 4, so I better get cracking. Wallis and Lawrence do seem like fairly intriguing options however.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Lawrence was good in Silver Linings Playbook, but I still think Watts had the stronger performance of the 2. I wouldn't be mad with Lawrence winning though.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Riva and Trintignant should be nominated as a couple, their body language and chemistry together was that of an actual long time married couple. Riva was the better of the two overall with her amazing bodily performance as her body degenerated, leaving half of her face immobile, but the academy should pair them up, just to make me happy, ya know?

Should win: Jessica Chastain
Will win: Not sure.

It's either Chastain or Lawrence, with Watts being the wild card. Hard to tell.

Wallis is so overrated because she's 9 years old. There was nothing outstanding about her performance.