Dracula 2000

→ in
Tools    

Thoughts on how the original vampire was made...I liked this, Biblical version. While I am aware that vampires aren't real (yes my heart was broken too as a youngerster, then Twilight came out...good thing I have to many movies to still see before I join the six feet under club), but what seems the most possible explanation for the creation of a vampire? The same question could be asked about a werewolf and I would be more than happy to hear that hypothesis too.

I always liked Dracula 2000... and thought the Biblical take on the vamp added an interesting twist... have you ever seen the video someone more talented than I posted on youtube of Dracula 2000 set to the Concrete Blonde song, Bloodletting?

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

That is sweet Cait'....thanks.

Can you believe that Gerard Butler is now doing chick flicks? What a waste (I don't consider Phantom of the Opera a chick movie, seriously, have you seen the old ones? Robert E. was a Phantom once, freaky stuff).

I love Jonny Lee Miller and enjoyed this. I've read a lot of vampire/Gothic novels - Anne Rice, Christine Feehan and Amanda Ashley-just a couple of good authors, so I enjoy some vampire stuff once in a while. I won't hold this up as Brilliant but it's fun to watch and Jonny and the cast do a good job with the genre. I'm looking forward to finding Dracula II to watch, this has another actor I like, Jason London, so more to watch yet. Anyone looking for books of the genre see the authors above and if you like TV vampire try Kindred: the embraced, great show that ended too quickly because the main actor died riding his motorcycle and he was a good actor.

I'd also recommend Kindred: The Embrace to any vampire fan, even if there are only 8 episodes.

As for this? I've not seen it and, with Gerard Butler and JLM in it, I'm pretty sure it's going to stay that way.

Did anyone see a show (unfortunately it was showed on lifetime) called Blood Ties? They were based on a book series. It only put out 2 seasons if I recall correctly.

I think it started a season or two after Blood Ties. It was a show that was on the bubble for a while, but seemed assured of another season which, unfortunately, it didn't get. There were petitions to save it (even though there hadn't been a decision) and a national (in the US) blood drive to raise the profile of the show and try to save it, but to no avail. As a friend of mine put it; "The problem is that it aired a season too soon" and she was right. The next year there was True Blood and Twilight and it would've fit right in, even if it performed no better, they'd probably have kept it just to have their own 'Vampire show'. The writers strike didn't help matters either. Ah well, que sera sera, as they say. Another good show ditched before its time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlight_(TV_series)

I just don't like Horror movies. Don't know how people watch them. I mean movies are suppose to entertain you rather than giving you headache.
Sorry If I offend you but these are my personal views.

For people like me, horror movies is more of a release than anything. It's entertainment to me, there are the laughs of "that guy is totally going to get it!", the "he deserved it", "why are you stupid girls always running up the stairs instead of out of the front door". Plus, it is my personal belief that we are in fact, violent people by nature. I like to think that we as people are civilized, but we are not. We as humans have always fought, and we have always tried to kill one another for whatever reason. I think it better that I watch some guy blow some other guys head off in the movies and tourcher him instead of going to where I work and blowing everyone to bits because, we all go a little crazy sometimes (although I can't say I've ever hurt anything bigger than a spider aside from martial arts and don't have the impulse to kill anyone nor the ambition).
Dracula 2000, while perhaps labeled a horror movie, IMO, is more of an girls guilty pleasure than a horror flick.

This movie was HAWT! Gerard Butler is one sexy Vampire, while the story line lacked I loved all of the beautiful creatures that were injected into this "dead story". Kinda stupid at times and I found some of the action so nauseating the only thing that kept me watching was Gerard Butler, now he is a honey!