Caity's Top 100.…

→ in
Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
1/10 of these movies are good. (Though I haven't seen about half the list - which don't interest me at all)
I don't think you can legitimately say a tenth are good, if you haven't even seen half of them. I mean, I only got a C in statistics, but something about that just doesn't add up...

I don't think you can legitimately say a tenth are good, if you haven't even seen half of them. I mean, I only got a C in statistics, but something about that just doesn't add up...
Thanks - 1/5

That's pretty understandable since a lot of the movies on my list are rated R...
Redundant

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Nice job Caitlyn! Very interesting top 10.

Nice job Caitlyn! Very interesting top 10.

Thanks.... glad you enjoyed my crazy list.... As for my top ten, I've been told it surprised a few people but am not totally sure what they meant...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Chicks dig Lord of the Rings, Randal
Thanks.... glad you enjoyed my crazy list.... As for my top ten, I've been told it surprised a few people but am not totally sure what they meant...
I meant that it was refreshing, those are not movies you see on a typical top 10 list, but then again Caitlyn, you are anything but typical. I, of course, mean that in a good way!

Lovely list Caity. I'd never heard of Incident at Oglala: The Leonard Peltier Story, but it sounds interesting. The director Michael Apted is famous here in the UK for his tv work and specially for his 7 Up series that followed children every 7 years from 1964.

I like the range of your list too and the fact that you have films from all over and right back to the silent films

I just watched Boondock Saints this week and loved it, I am going to buy it as I want to watch it again, and again.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
I just watched Boondock Saints this week and loved it, I am going to buy it as I want to watch it again, and again.
don't get the wimpy version:

Get the best version:

I'd never even hear dof Boondock Saints till I came here. Got me intrigued now !
it's amazing

I think I watched the Wimpy version so i will keep my eye out for version
http://www.amazon.com/Boondock-Saint...0009030&sr=8-3

No difference in the wimpy version vs. the manly version, just GREAT special features

Welcome to the human race...
Nebbit and I live in Australia. All we get are wimpy versions.

Nebbit and I live in Australia. All we get are wimpy versions.
Really? I thought Aussies were like the ones using boomerangs for remote controls? I tried that and broke a TV and my nose on one throw.

Really? I thought Aussies were like the ones using boomerangs for remote controls? I tried that and broke a TV and my nose on one throw.

Heh, you should try coming here and see how many people throw boomerangs at all (it's not as many as you would think).

Few questions, have you seen Infernal Affairs because i think it's far better than The Departed and definitely worth a watch if you rate that film so high. And seen the good Crash (Cronenberg, 1996) or many other ensemble films like Magnolia or Nashville?
I hated Infernal Affairs and love The Departed.

I hated Infernal Affairs and love The Departed.
Which one did you see first? I saw Infernal Affairs first and prefer it to The Departed.

Which one did you see first? I saw Infernal Affairs first and prefer it to The Departed.
I saw Infernal Affairs first as well and hated it : it's close to impossible to follow the story with subtitles.

I found Departed harder to follow because apparently they needed to throw in a load of gangsters and cops trash-talking each other in order to sound edgy, but in the end that was just confusing. If I hadn't seen Infernal Affairs, I'd probably have no idea what was going on half the time.

Lovely list Caity. I'd never heard of Incident at Oglala: The Leonard Peltier Story, but it sounds interesting. The director Michael Apted is famous here in the UK for his tv work and specially for his 7 Up series that followed children every 7 years from 1964.

I like the range of your list too and the fact that you have films from all over and right back to the silent films

Thanks… I'm glad you enjoyed my list… Incident at Oglala: The Leonard Peltier Story is a very interesting documentary about the events that led up to the imprisonment of American Indian Movement member, Leonard Peltier. Convicted of the murder of two FBI agents on the Pine Ridge Indian reservation in the 70‘s, Peltier is serving two life sentences in Leavenworth… but has always claimed he was innocent. Amnesty International lawyers have studied his case extensively and he has been labeled a political prisoner by not only them but the Southern Christian Leadership Conference, the National Congress of American Indians, the Robert F. Kennedy Memorial Center for Human Rights, and Archbishop Desmond Tutu as well…

The idea for the documentary was Robert Redford's and he talked Michael Apted into climbing on board while he was shooting Thunderheart… which is a fictitious account of the events that took place on Pine Ridge in the 1970's...