The 40 Year Old Virgin

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by Austruck
And, I do take issue with your assertion that Christians have been "denigrating pretty much everyone and forcing their views on others."
Yeah, cause it was the Jews who forcibly tried to convert the indians to their religion way back when, and it was people of some other religion that keeps trying to gain control of the government now.

As my buddy Brian put it, "Hey, I love Jesus, but I certainly wouldn't vote for him, and I don't want him running my country."

and I never said all Christians are like that, just the most vocal ones.

And yeah, Steve Carell is pretty damn funny, actually.

Originally Posted by Lordslaytan
Don't pay attention to the monkey behind the curtain...he likes to fling poo.
Hey, I'll fight like an ape for the things I believe.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

The Adventure Starts Here!
Oh, I am SO not going here.

Actually, although you *meant* only the most vocal ones, you didn't say that. You were not specific enough in what you said, thereby implying a more comprehensive sweep including all of us.

If Jesus is who He says He is, I most certainly *would* want Him running my country. In fact, if He is who He says He is, He's already running the whole world.

'Nuf said. It all depends on what you believe about who Christ is. If He's the creator of the universe, then pretty much everything is already His. Christians who don't act like they believe that make me wonder if they really believe it in the first place.

I also find that, as far as I know, no one's ever converted by reading messages on a forum board, so this isn't something I want to continue discussing. I just wanted to find out how sweeping your initial statement was meant to be. You have clarified it for me, so thanks for that.

The Adventure Starts Here!
We now return you to our regularly scheduled thread, already in progress.

Carrell was probably the funniest part of Anchorman, except for the exchange between the bear and the dog. THAT was hilarious.

Fair enough. And, I daresay we will never see any of those things eliminated completely (even in just this country). It's just the nature of mankind -- not capable of perfection in its present form.
Absolutely. Well said.

She's been doing that a lot in this thread...'cept for all the Jesus stuff.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

If this keeps up I am gonna have to tell you guys a story.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Oh, I am SO not going here.

'Nuf said. It all depends on what you believe about who Christ is. If He's the creator of the universe, then pretty much everything is already His. Christians who don't act like they believe that make me wonder if they really believe it in the first place.
okay, but I don't believe that Jesus created the universe. It was already there by the time he got to it....

his dad did, though.

I will check it out but probably not until it it goes to the $1 show or video.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Trailer made me laugh so i'll give it a watch. But im getting on the bus with everyone else ... its a renter.

Do you know my poetry?
I don't like Steve Carell, I think he's a very un-funny actor. I am not going to be seeing this film, it looks absolutely horrendous.