I Beg Your Pardon. Aren't you Guy Haines?

Tools    

OK, I'll say what you're all thinking. Yes, I love the new girl.

Welcome to the site, AY. I'm sure if you match mark f for movie for movie you'll walk the challenge. Seriously. Go to the movie tab and see how many films he watches.

Oh, and if you ever need back up in a "2001 is the most boring film to exist" argument I've got your back.
O.O Oh... thanks! I'm not sure I'll need backup though in that argument. I'm pretty sure that movie is clearly the most boring ever and it speaks for itself.

Christine: I... will have a job (I just fully moved to Australia to become a permanent resident, so I will be working I just am not yet, cuz I just returned from a 2 month family visit). I don't know what hours will look like or what I'll be doing exactly, but I know that sleep will be a gift. Although, I rarely sleep as it is, which is why I'm not concerned with whether or not I'll be able to do it. Hyposomnia must be good for something.

As for everyone else, THANK YOU! I'll do my best not to suck... XD

Also, I'm glad we're so diverse we have animal friends... that's pretty rad.

I joined specifically because in 2016 (hopefully, pending the approval of Guinness World Records... if not 2016, I will prepare for 2017) I plan to beat the current world record for most movies watched in one year. The CURRENT number is 1132 and I want to hit 2000.
mark f do that in one month... he is the god of movies

I joined specifically because in 2016 (hopefully, pending the approval of Guinness World Records... if not 2016, I will prepare for 2017) I plan to beat the current world record for most movies watched in one year. The CURRENT number is 1132 and I want to hit 2000. If I watch the planned 6 movies a day? I'll end up with 2196 (I think that's right, anyway).
Throw away the application. Rodent watches Young Guns about 10,000 times a week. You have some catching up to do.

Christine: I... will have a job (I just fully moved to Australia to become a permanent resident, so I will be working I just am not yet, cuz I just returned from a 2 month family visit). I don't know what hours will look like or what I'll be doing exactly, but I know that sleep will be a gift. Although, I rarely sleep as it is, which is why I'm not concerned with whether or not I'll be able to do it. Hyposomnia must be good for something
Good luck on your new life in Aus. Where do you come from originally?
Look after yourself, sleep is more essential than watching films no matter how we all love 'em

Good luck on your new life in Aus. Where do you come from originally?
Look after yourself, sleep is more essential than watching films no matter how we all love 'em
I'll be alright. I have a hard time sleeping anyway, generally. I won't deprive myself. No worries!

I'm from Pennsylvania, originally, but my boyfriend and I met online and he was from Perth so it seemed after 4 years? It was probably time to move... So I did.

But I'm super duper dedicated to doing this record. My major issue is getting a hold of some of the movies I want. Netflix, vudu, free national archives, free documentaries, etc? My best friends. I wish I had more friends with movies for me to borrow. Most of my friends are too attached to their DVD collection, which I completely understand... but is super not helpful at all.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
I joined specifically because in 2016 (hopefully, pending the approval of Guinness World Records... if not 2016, I will prepare for 2017) I plan to beat the current world record for most movies watched in one year. The CURRENT number is 1132 and I want to hit 2000. If I watch the planned 6 movies a day? I'll end up with 2196 (I think that's right, anyway). 2016 will be ideal since it will be a leap year and that extra day will give me an edge.
1132? I hit almost 1000 two years ago (although including shorts, almost 600 without 'em and I did study!). I bet it's either you have outdated info, or it's just the biggest number of films watched one year and all of it 100% proved and recorded/checked by someone. mark f does 1000 films in 3-4 months. :P

1132? I hit almost 1000 two years ago (although including shorts, almost 600 without 'em and I did study!). I bet it's either you have outdated info, or it's just the biggest number of films watched one year and all of it 100% proved and recorded/checked by someone. mark f does 1000 films in 3-4 months. :P
It's the last recorded/verified record. And all films have to be 80 min. +. They're looking for feature length films, which (according to the Screen Actors Guild) are 80+ min.

I used to think I must've beaten it? But I've never officially recorded it. I CONSTANTLY watch movies, but after doing a lot of math?

I mean... if mark f never sleeps, though, he could certainly do 4,032 movies in 4 months as long as they are 80 minutes. If they're more than 80, he'd get through less movies, though.

I used to watch a lot of short films, but this record is for feature length. I'm sure if it were short films included, I'd be able to hit way more. But to maintain having a normal person's life with a job that doesn't involve watching movies and watch 2000 films will be... a challenge.

If it only takes watching 6 movies a day to beat the world record, I believe we've got a member who has that title in the bag already.
Well... I mean... 10-13 hours a day of movies while holding a full-time job is a challenge, so... "only" is a bit diminishing... I think it's quite a feat to accomplish. I'm sure tons of people could do it though, I only wish I had someone who'd sit and watch all those movies with me...

AY, are you looking forward to The Force Awakens?
More like it's making me anxious. I won't watch the trailer because I'm nervous. The prequel trilogy was absolutely so poorly written and just so... absolutely disappointing...

I mean, I know Disney's got its hands on it now? So it shouldn't be AS bad as the prequel trilogy, but I don't know. Nothing can be worse than Hayden Christensen though, right?

Welcome to the board, AwkwardlyYours! <~ Give me time. You'll have another nickname, in no time. I'll be altering that name, for sure.

Then you should join this, where we watch a few sci-fi/horror movies, and then we place them in favorite to least favorite order. You get to add one sci-fi/horror film to the group. Check out these nominations, so far! . . . . Come! . . . . . . . Join us!

Welcome to the forum. I'm from the other end of Aus!