I Beg Your Pardon. Aren't you Guy Haines?

Tools    

No. No, I am not.

Hi! I'm AwkwardlyYours. Elsewhere known as: Awks, Awk, AY, Awkwardly, and Not Grace.

I'm not super great with introductions, but I was looking for a new community of people to talk to (especially about movies) so I found myself here and thought I ought to say hello and introduce myself.

I joined specifically because in 2016 (hopefully, pending the approval of Guinness World Records... if not 2016, I will prepare for 2017) I plan to beat the current world record for most movies watched in one year. The CURRENT number is 1132 and I want to hit 2000. If I watch the planned 6 movies a day? I'll end up with 2196 (I think that's right, anyway). 2016 will be ideal since it will be a leap year and that extra day will give me an edge.

Anyway, I came for movie talk, movie suggestions, and general camaraderie, so... be my friend, please.

"Louis, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

-AY

(Also, I apologize for sadly old movie references. But the oldest lines are just... the best ones...)

Well, a list of 2000 movies is not something one... memorizes unless you've got a Spencer Reid memory (eidetic memory... that's what it's called).

I do have a wordpress that I have the ongoing master list on. (I'm still working on this list...) But since I'm uber new and can't post links, you'll have to check the link out in my profile.

Check it out if you're interested! And I'm open to suggestions.

And I'm open to suggestions.
Hi. My suggestion- watch good movies early in the year, because you'll hit a point when all movies seem bad. You'll develop tolerance to movie high as it were.

How about 2001: A Space Odyssey? Have you seen it? I see The Empire Strikes Back is your favorite, so if SF is OK with you, why not try?

Blake Edwards' S. O. B.

The Bridge On The River Kwai

I also see The Crow is your favorite. That's with the late Brendon Lee, right? Why not try some of his father's?

Goodfellas

The Impossible

Harry Potter

Swept Away

The Killing Fields

Also, why not try one with Alec Guinness? Say, Kind Hearts And Coronets.

You're welcome.

Wooo Lots of suggestions! Here's the thing: Keep in mind, I must watch SIX films a day. So a lot of films are excluded because of length. I'm also staying away from films I've seen. Some of them are movies I have seen, but I'm trying to make this a mostly new experience.

So Harry Potter is out because it's a favourite series, and 2001: A Space Odyssey... *sigh* Listen, I LOVE sci-fi.... but the movie keeps boring me to tears in the first ten minutes. I always say I'll try again? And then I do? And I hate it.

My father took my mother to see that movie for her 21st birthday and she was so excited to see a movie, but my dad took her to see that, and she was furious with him because she thought it was incredibly dull and boring for a birthday movie.

So yeah, I'm with her. It's classic? But I seriously can't get into it.

I'll take a look at the rest of your suggestions!

Also, those favourites? Are tough and will probably change constantly. I have TONS of favourites. It's hard to narrow it down to "top 10!"

Wooo Lots of suggestions! Here's the thing: Keep in mind, I must watch SIX films a day. So a lot of films are excluded because of length. I'm also staying away from films I've seen. Some of them are movies I have seen, but I'm trying to make this a mostly new experience.

So Harry Potter is out because it's a favourite series, and 2001: A Space Odyssey... *sigh* Listen, I LOVE sci-fi.... but the movie keeps boring me to tears in the first ten minutes. I always say I'll try again? And then I do? And I hate it.

My father took my mother to see that movie for her 21st birthday and she was so excited to see a movie, but my dad took her to see that, and she was furious with him because she thought it was incredibly dull and boring for a birthday movie.

I'll take a look at the rest of your suggestions!

Also, those favourites? Are tough and will probably change constantly. I have TONS of favourites. It's hard to narrow it down to "top 10!"
That's OK. Many people find it boring. But it's my all - time favorite, what can I say?

Thanks for taking a look. They're anything but boring, trust me. They're either hillarious, insane, exciting, heartbreaking, emotional, romantic or touching.

Who is the current record holder? Mark F?

Anyway, welcome to the boards
Maggie Correa-Avilés, a lawyer from Puerto Rico and her Boston Terrier, Morgana. She started with Bell, Book and Candle (which is on my list somewhere) and ended with The Little Fockers.

And thanks!

OK, I'll say what you're all thinking. Yes, I love the new girl.

Welcome to the site, AY. I'm sure if you match mark f for movie for movie you'll walk the challenge. Seriously. Go to the movie tab and see how many films he watches.

Oh, and if you ever need back up in a "2001 is the most boring film to exist" argument I've got your back.

Welcome to the site Awkwardly Yours! I have a feeling that you'll fit right in.

Also good luck on your world record challenge!

A warm welcome fro me too
That's an awful lot of films to be planning to watch. You not going on holiday or having any other kind of life for a whole year??

Welcome, I am Swan. Yes a real swan, typing away while my swan friends swim, I've always been the awkward swan, just like you're the awkward human.

Welcome, I am Swan. Yes a real swan, typing away while my swan friends swim, I've always been the awkward swan, just like you're the awkward human.
It's true. We are amazed how fast he can type with webbed feet and beak.