About Parasite

Tools    

Upon rewatch I have a question regarding the relationship between the wife in the rich family and the friend of the son of poor family who gives him the job in the first place. Did they have some sort of sexual relationship because while describing her he says "she is simple and young" and "he had fun in the house". Are there any implications like that or am i reading too much into it ?

A spoiler might work here so as not to give away plot points.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Upon rewatch I have a question regarding the relationship between the wife in the rich family and the friend of the son of poor family who gives him the job in the first place. Did they have some sort of sexual relationship because while describing her he says "she is simple and young" and "he had fun in the house". Are there any implications like that or am i reading too much into it ?
I don't believe there was any other mention of it. Looking back, I think it was a throw-away line to create motive or to brag? Or maybe in the original language his phrasing was a cultural/social reference slang like the Korean title. That seems more likely to me. And it just doesnt translate here. Like calling someone a poser here as a slang insult but a literal translation to another language may imply "someone who stands in different positions." Clearly that translation doesn't carry the same intent.

I guess by fun he meant just enjoyed being in the house. After all from the rest of the movie, they treated their guests very well.

I think that the young lady whom he was tutoring had a crush on him and they kissed many times, hence the "fun in the house line". He also says that the is going to ask her out once she get to University. Later on, once the new tutor (the son in the family) falls for the girl and they kiss a lot, he says the exact same thing about the fact that once she gets to University, he is going to ask her out. I think that it was the daughter who was engaging in (very light) sexual tensions with her tutors that had caused him to say the line. I don't think that the mother was part of it at all.

The rich wife is simply a dense person but he held himself back to say it bluntly. I guess it could be said he had "fun" himself exploited that, especially regarding the daughter. You can see everything that happens through the movie then starts if not for the wife idiocy.
I love how the movie just forgets that guy's existence in the first place though. what a movie they said.