Name The Actor

Tools    

It is Peter Haskell, Claire, your turn
@Claireofthemoon

A shot from Raging Bull of Robert De Niro and "Coach"
Nicholas Colasanto

OPEN FLOOR
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

@Gideon58, I had to jump in on this one. That's the veteran character actor Robert Keith, who I just happened to have watched the other night in the noir, Boomerang! (1947).

IMO there are two interesting things about RK: He was the father of famous actor Brian Keith. And he was married to the actress Peg Entwistle, who later jumped off the "H" in the Hollywood sign to her death in 1932.

Here's one of my favorite noir guys. Noir fans will get this one very quickly. I'd say the over/under on this guy would be about 15 minutes. 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, .......

Here's one of my favorite noir guys. Noir fans will get this one very quickly. I'd say the over/under on this guy would be about 15 minutes. 15, 14, 13, 12, 11, .......

Gosh I'm stumped Though he does look like Nicolas Ray.

Got to be tough guy Lawrence Tierney. Reading up on his profile it seems he often enjoyed the dangerous lifestyle just as much off the screen as on.

So who would this be then?

Got to be tough guy Lawrence Tierney. Reading up on his profile it seems he often enjoyed the dangerous lifestyle just as much off the screen as on.

So who would this be then?
Excellent, JDG! It is Lawrence Tierney, a tough guy both on screen and off. And he does look a little like Steve Brodie. I always conflate Tierney with Charles McGraw. Here is McGraw with William Conrad in the great The Killers (1946):

It's yours or @Claireofthemoon 's turn...

I think we both admire Nicholas Ray because he'd been married to our heart throb, Gloria G. ...
Actually I kind of hate him, as he treated her like crap and ultimately ended her career. But a damn fine director.

Actually I kind of hate him, as he treated her like crap and ultimately ended her career. But a damn fine director.
I forgot about that. Wonder if we'll ever know the truth about GG sleeping with her stepson, Anthony Ray, while married to Nicholas. They evidently had a decent marriage later.

I get the impression that GG was quite a wild 'n crazy pistol, with the emphasis on the "crazy" part. She was a fascinating gal with a magnetic screen persona, but possibly a wee bit treacherous... I tangled with a woman like that once, and I damn near didn't make it out alive...

Excellent, JDG! It is Lawrence Tierney, a tough guy both on screen and off. And he does look a little like Steve Brodie. I always conflate Tierney with Charles McGraw.
Saw Tierney just the other night in Born To Kill (1947), talk about a ruthless on-screen persona. And that is indeed Steve Brodie pictured above, that shot taken from one of his few leading roles in Desperate (1947).

Yeah Charles McGraw is another great powerhouse of the genre. Always thought he would've made an excellent Dick Tracy with his rugged profile.

And yes crazy stuff between Ray and Grahame... Details allegedly contained in the so called 'Mr. and Mrs. contract' she had for In a Lonely Place read like something Howard Hughes should have written.

It's yours or @Claireofthemoon 's turn...
Your turn @Claireofthemoon if you'd like.