Movies where one character distracts the enemy so another can escape?

Tools    

Can be any genre. It's research for a film I'm working on. Thanks!

Star Wars: A New Hope, where Obi-wan distracts Vader and the stormtroopers so Luke, Han, Leia, Chewie, R2-D2 and C-3PO can escape. Obi-wan is dueling Vader and the duel takes them into a corridor off the hanger where the Millenium Falcon is held. As the stormtroopers watch, the rest head to the Falcon, except for Luke, who is distracted by the duel. When Obi-wan sees Luke, he smiles and allows Vader to cut him down, but his body vanishes just before Vader strikes him. The passengers flee after a shootout.

When Obi-wan sees Luke, he smiles and allows Vader to cut him down, but his body vanishes just before Vader strikes him.
I'm glad you said that because it's always "Vader kills Kenobi" when what happens on screen seems more like Kenobi dissolves and becomes one with the Force before Vader can strike him. That's how I saw it anyway.

Ghost In The Machine
Is this link any help...

Scroll down the page - there are plenty of examples!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...Sacrifice/Film

The Great Escape where Ashley-Pitt attacks the Gestapo officer to let Bartlett and Ramsey get through the checkpoint.

The Ruins

Girlfriend plays dead so boyfriend can distract the enemies. Sacrificing himself so she can run away to safety.
Jurassic Park Dominion- 0.5/5
What Josiah Saw- (4.5/5)

La Grande Illusion (1937): De Boeldieu sacrifices himself so that his fellow prisoners Maréchal and Rosenthal can successfully escape.

In The Breakfast Club, Judd Nelson's character runs yelling down the hall to draw the teacher away from the other students, so they can get back to the library unnoticed. If a teacher isn't the 'enemy' of a student, I don't know who is.

Stretching the point, when the Libyans show up in Back to the Future, Doc tells Marty "I'll draw their fire" and runs away from the DeLorean.