Movies You Think Everyone Loves?

Tools    

So it's entirely my fault that I was unbearably bored after 20 minutes? Right.
That movie? Yes, the flaw lies within you. You asked.

That movie? Yes, the flaw lies within you. You asked.
Yeah, okay then. This coming from the same guy who can't fathom how on earth people can like the movies he hates and starts slinging personal insults when they speak up about it.

Yeah, okay then. This coming from the same guy who can't fathom how on earth people can like the movies he hates and starts slinging personal insults when they speak up about it.
Personal insults?! lol! No you liking Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom AND Halloween III Season Of The Witch was funny enough (sorry Camo). You like that shlock and cant stand Rocky, the flaw lies within you.

I think deep down,even though they dont admite to it..everybody loves titanic.

Go on confess..

The Shawshank Redemption
maybe the most overrated movie ever.

Personal insults?! lol! No you liking Indiana Jones and The Temple Of Doom AND Halloween III Season Of The Witch was funny enough (sorry Camo). You like that shlock and cant stand Rocky, the flaw lies within you.
I've never even seen Halloween III, genius.

But I do seem to recall you referring to people who do like those films as "retarded" or something to that effect. But you're oh so perfect and have no flaws at all...

Requiem for a Dream - people who have **** taste in films like, people who don't watch films like it and people who like films like it as well.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I think "Shawshank" is overrated -- it's on TV every day, and it seems to be a favorite of many, but I like it...

Rocky is a movie I liked... For me "Jaws" is one of the most underrated movies, though I mostly hate it for the influence (blockbuster culture), but... it's not a bad movie.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Requiem for a Dream - people who have **** taste in films like, people who don't watch films like it and people who like films like it as well.
"A$$ to a$$" (best part of the movie)

I saw it a long time ago with this girl who thought it was "funny" -- I don't think I liked it much, especially after seeing "Trainspotting" - a movie I love.

I don't think EVERYONE loves it (some shouldn't be soooo literal), but I'm guessing a majority of people here might like "American Beauty".. "Back to the Future" is a good one.

I've never even seen Halloween III, genius.

But I do seem to recall you referring to people who do like those films as "retarded" or something to that effect. But you're oh so perfect and have no flaws at all...
I never said that. Thats the impression you took, your impressions flawed.

Anything else?

I never said that. Thats the impression you took, your impressions flawed.

Anything else?
My memory is flawed, which I acknowledge and is the reason I said "or something to that effect."

The word you actually used was "pathetic." You also implied that people should be ashamed for liking those movies.

Because you're so much better than everyone else and have impeccable taste. Or something. Right.

Titanic and Starwars maybe, Deadpool seems to have a lot of people that didn't like it too so I can't say that one
Everyone loves Starwars, except me. I didn't like the original Star Wars and I really disliked the last Starwars made.

Nobody on MoFo likes Titanic, but me, that's a top 10 movie in my book

I think deep down,even though they dont admite to it..everybody loves titanic.

Go on confess..
I love Titanic. It pulls on heart strings like no other movie. 10/10
(Shawshank) maybe the most overrated movie ever.
Come on... It may be overrated just because imdb, but there must be worse movies that are misguidedly placed on imdb top 250.

I'm curious, what do you dislike about it?

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Everyone loves Starwars, except me.
I started with Empire Strikes Back as my first impression. Hard not to like Star Wars after that.

I was under the impression, that there is a fairly even battle for loving Star Wars and Star Trek, and never the twain shall meet. That would mean a lot of people dislike Star Wars, like many Trekkies.

I dont hate,i dont think its a terrible movie-i just think its overrated.Not just by imdb but people online/here in general. I dont know if its nostalgia or whatever that makes people think so fondly of it.

I just think its a really forgettable film with a made for tv vibe,too sugarcoated to have any real debth to it.
just meh really.

My memory is flawed, which I acknowledge and is the reason I said "or something to that effect."

The word you actually used was "pathetic." You also implied that people should be ashamed for liking those movies.

Because you're so much better than everyone else and have impeccable taste. Or something. Right.
No, they should be ashamed because those movies are complete ass. Stop trying desperately to make it look like Im abusive, its more like youre bitter. Right?

I dont hate,i dont think its a terrible movie-i just think its overrated.Not just by imdb but people online/here in general. I dont know if its nostalgia or whatever that makes people think so fondly of it.

I just think its a really forgettable film with a made for tv vibe,too sugarcoated to have any real debth to it.
just meh really.
I think Shawshank keeps viewer attention throughout and most people are fine with it at least even if it doesn't become their favorite. Actually, polarizing movies are more often considered favorites because they hit needs of specific segments of psyche instead of compromising on all sides to become universally acceptable. It means, these movies are not too violent and have not too negative but necessary emotional impact and they are professionally produced.