MoFo Book Club: The Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka

Tools    

That was a good idea for a moment, but I'm deleting it from the thread. When I copied the text, it didn't format right and I'm not sure I'm getting all the paragraphs in their correct places.
Yeah, also i'm pretty sure that picture of Whoopi didn't appear until after the fourth chapter in the original 1910s print.

That was a good idea for a moment, but I'm deleting it from the thread. When I copied the text, it didn't format right and I'm not sure I'm getting all the paragraphs in their correct places.
Yeah, also i'm pretty sure that picture of Whoopi didn't appear until after the fourth chapter in the original 1910s print.
Plus the Metamorphosis is only three chapters (ummm I mean "parts")

I'm 10 pages in. Interesting so far. It's relatable because sometimes Ihave that much trouble getting out of bed in the morning.

Finished reading last night. Will post more in the next few days. How is everyone liking it? I liked the story more after the final third. Pulled the other parts together and also was the most interesting (and heartbreaking). Also thought the timeline of Kafka's life, included in my copy, was helpful since I don't know much about the author.

Woops, forgot to post more. Didn't care for the story in the beginning but like I said in a previous post, liked it more after the final third and even more when thinking about the themes now. Change is a theme most people easily relate to because everyone experiences it but how each person handles change varies individually. There are certain life events that can change our lives overnight- losing a job, a loved one, illness...etc. and it transforms us (and maybe our identities)- sometimes making it hard for others to recognize us and also hard to recognize ourselves. Has anyone had a time that they experienced personal change and met any resistance or have interesting reactions from others?

Anyone else finish and or have anything to add?

Won't have reliable internet access until I get a new service provider but I'll try to remember to check in for new discussion points.

Haha, this was compulsory to read in high school. I remember, when I opened the book and read the first sentence which was like: '..and George became a bug' and I just thought fml..

But I did like it, it's easy to follow and understand and it's not even long so I'd recommend for everyone to give it a go.