Why does Skynet always send a Terminator back to the same time period?

Tools    

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
Wouldn't it be easier to send a Terminator back to like, Medieval times and kill some of John Connor's ancestors? Or just prevent them from mating?

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
And any answer saying something like "Well, they might kill someone that worked on creating Skynet or nukes or etc." I must say:

You have the damn Terminator who already has all that knowledge! You can build nukes and weapons and more Terminators yourself! Why even live in this future where everything's been destroyed? Just travel back in time to a point where you could easily enslave all of mankind (making them no longer a threat to your existence) and just live there

The whole Terminator thing is a paradox anyways.

If they prevent Skynet from taking over, and there is no war, then Time Travel won't be invented. Which means John Connor cannot exist.
But he does exist... and the characters all have memories of what has happened. Also, the Terminator exists in this time, and the 1980s, and earlier than the 80s too.

So the war is inevitable.

The main characters trying to stop Skynet, are actually trying to kill themselves.

Time paradox's don't exist. When you travel through time you exist outside of time.
Just dumb writing like you see in a lot of movies. Your arm isn't going to start turning translucent and photographs in your pocket aren't going to exist with everyone else posing exactly the same way in the same place and time regardless of if you existed or not.

That's what I mean though...

The paradox existed the moment anything was sent through time. Let's say the Terminator being sent back to 1986.

The instant you change the past, then the future is also changed, which means that the series of events that lead up to the time travelling cannot have happened, which means the Terminator shouldn't exist in 1986... yet he does... that's the paradox.

That's what I mean though...

The paradox existed the moment anything was sent through time. Let's say the Terminator being sent back to 1986.

The instant you change the past, then the future is also changed, which means that the series of events that lead up to the time travelling cannot have happened, which means the Terminator shouldn't exist in 1986... yet he does... that's the paradox.
That's what i mean by existing outside of time.
Once you travel to the past you exist in the past - regardless of what changes in the future.

Ever heard of the Grandfather Paradox?

From Wiki:
The paradox is described as follows: the time traveller goes back in time and kills his grandfather before his grandfather meets his grandmother. As a result, the time traveller is never born. But, if he was never born, then he is unable to travel through time and kill his grandfather, which means the traveller would then be born after all, and so on.

Ever heard of the Grandfather Paradox?

From Wiki:
The paradox is described as follows: the time traveller goes back in time and kills his grandfather before his grandfather meets his grandmother. As a result, the time traveller is never born. But, if he was never born, then he is unable to travel through time and kill his grandfather, which means the traveller would then be born after all, and so on.
Of course I have, it's bollocks. Time paradoxes don't exist

Oh my lord...hahahah. I can't stop laughing at this question.... simply brilliant hahahaha

Ghost In The Machine
Because 1980's backdrops and sets are cheaper for filming.

Wouldn't it be easier to send a Terminator back to like, Medieval times and kill some of John Connor's ancestors? Or just prevent them from mating?
No. Because Skynet was implemented on April 19, 2011 and began its attack against civilization on that date. Doesn't matter if John Connor existed or not.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
How would that matter? They always send the Terminators back long before Skynet was created

How would that matter? They always send the Terminators back long before Skynet was created

Without Skynet Terminators wouldn't be sent anywhere.

And without Skynet, John Connor wouldn't exist.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
That is just one of the many, many questions raised by the existence of the new terminator film. Others include: why can't they spell genesis? and who on Earth thought this was a good idea?

Others include: why can't they spell genesis?
I'm sure people know how to spell genesis. Including those at Cyberdyne's Genisys mainframe or the General Identification System (computer system for biological identifications).