Your Top 10 Favorite Video Games

Tools    

Originally Posted by Sedai
I hit him with like 10 Knights of the Round, plus about 600 other top attacks and summons, until I got to the point where I was about to toss the Playstation out the window, then gave up on this guy. I hate that guy.

I read a tactic involving killing your teammates off and its all done by a specific materia arrangement like mime with counter strike with Knights of the Round. Crazy, that guy is a bitch though.

There are those who call me...Tim.
I couldn't bring myself to put these in order, as I enjoyed playing them all equally.

Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
The Phantom Menace (first video game I ever bought, so it will also have a special place on my shelf, even though it's not that good)
Star Wars Rogue Squadron (second videogame I ever bought, and it's pretty damn good)
Super Return of the Jedi
Settlers 3
Super Mario World
Yoshi's Island (talk about nostalgic- first game I ever played)
Final Fantasy 7
Sim City 3K
Starwing/Starfox (second game I ever played)

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Ahh I want that game so bad, does it need a good comp to play? Mine is getting a bit older now so I gotta ask these things, it wasn't like this in the good old days......Is there a decent single player mode or is it mostly multiplayer?
It needs a pretty solid comp to play, not so much on the CPU front but heavily on the graphics front. I recently bought an ATI Radeon x800 XT All-In-Wonder and it runs BF2 with everything jacked as high as possible like buttah!

As for the game itself, all I've played so far is the demo (can't wait for the full version to come out on Tuesday), but the single player is just as much fun as multiplayer. The only complaint I have about the game is that I'm still adjusting to the aiming in it. I'm not sure if you have to lead or they just have wonky hitboxes, but some shots hit while others that should don't. But that also could just be a problem in the demo...

I just know they're coming to kill me.
I found a new love for Galaga. Whenever I see that game in the arcade, I'm glued.

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
Here is my list, not in any particular order. Oh, and by the way, i'm a very old school gamer, nothing but N64 for me

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time:

I love this game. The numbers I spent playing this game is beyond numbers, so is how much I beat it. This is my second favorite Zelda game next to A Link to the past, and one of my favorite games of all time. This is one of those games that revolutionized the video gaming world, and at a very large magnitude at that. I remember when I did not have the game itself, reading reviews online drooling with anticipation. Man, those were the days. I don't play it as much today but after several years I still pop that baby in once in a while!

The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask:

I also liked this game very much. It may not have been as good as Ocarina of Time, but it offered a completely different gameplay style which I liked equal to Ocarina of Time. I was not drooling with anticipation like for Ocarina of Time that because I know what to expect in sequels, most of the time they are not better, and by the looks of reviews and such, turns out I'm right. Saved me alot of disappointment.

Goldeneye:

Another one of my beloved video games on my favorite game system. This game changed the face of first person shooters. In my opinion, not many games if any, come even close too this game in terms of the genre. One thing I would also like to add is that this is the first video game based on a movie that is actually good!! Don't get me wrong, their is others, but none compare to this one, at least in my opinion.

Mario Kart 64:

Your probably wondering why this ended up in my list right? http://mariokart64.com/ Their goes your answer! This game is my favorite game of all time because of that site! I'm ranked 2nd in time trials world wide!!! Even without this site this game is good, but I must admit, the life span of this game would be cut in half without that site. This is one of those games that offer hours of fun in terms of multi player. If your having a party, this is a perfect game to have!!!

Perfect Dark:

The same people who made Goldeneye do not fail to make another great game! This game is awsome! The multiplayer is just crazy! Sims for when you have no one to play with, several different types of game play, you can even control your sim. If you want to have clan wars against a friend using sims and such, this is the game to have!! This is another game that is awsome to play at parties and stuff. The single player is also amazing! The story, levels, and gameplay are all well put together.

Star Fox 64: Lylat Wars:

This is probably the worst game on my list of favorites, but that does not mean it isn't a good game. This game was very addictive for me, and I played it countless hours! And got some pretty good scores too!! 121 Sector Z!! This is better then the SNES version in my opinion, but many disagree. One thing I do hate about this game is SLIPPY!! HE WINES TO MUCH! "FOX!! HELP!! THEIRS A SPIDER IN MY COCKPIT!"

Super Mario 64

Ah yes, Super Mario 64, last but not least. This game is incredible, when Nintendo's main franchise stepped into the 3D rule he left a mark that will forever remain. This game is up there with the best games of all time in my opinion!!! This game was really fun to play, spent hours and hours, I even went a speed run a couple of times with no results. Well, to make this game short because I don't want to make my post to long, here is one word that will describe it all! < Insert fantastic Word Here>

There you have it!!

-TheButcher

Attention Mods- You may delete the other topic I made about video Games.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
1. Final Fantasy VII (best game ever!)
2. The Sims (pc)
3. Tetris (classic!)
4. Civilisation II (run your own empire, conquer the world...)
5. Final Fantasy VIII
6. Final Fantasy IX
7. Goldeneye (half of my teenage years wasted in front of an N64....)
8. Puzzlebobble
9. Sonic the Hedgehog
10. Slider (?) (a vaguely remembered gamegear game, but it was very good...)

In the Beginning...
10. Skies of Arcadia

This is the dark horse on my list, I guess. I doubt many people played it, as it was a Dreamcast RPG overshadowed by many more popular Playstation RPGs. But you know what? I loved it. It was obscenely long and immersive, the graphics were rich, and the ship battles were fantastic. The story was pretty formulaic, but it was fun all the way through.

9. Dynasty Warriors 3

My friend and I discovered the cooperative mode on this game, and ended up playing it all night. The gameplay is pretty repetitive, but it's some of the best "big battle" action you can find. The style is pretty laughable, but we had tons of fun. We played the crap out of that game, leveling up our favorite fighters, collecting new items, and playing battles from different points of view. Awesome.

8. Knights of the Old Republic

Kudos to BioWare for giving us the first truly deep Star Wars-themed video game ever. I didn't know if the concept would sell because the story was so far removed from the films (that everyone knows), but it was an incredible experience. It is one of the best (and best looking) RPGs to date.

*SIDE NOTE: Playing through as a good guy was fun, but playing through as a bad guy was divine.

7. NFL 2K

My friends and I played this religiously for months, despite the updated versions (and updated competition games) that were released. It was just a blast, and we loved trying to hit each other between plays - it was like a built-in mini-game.

6. Resident Evil: Code Veronica

This was the first 3D Resident Evil, and boy was it sweet. I played through it in about a week, because I couldn't stop. It was incredible.

5. Shenmue

I don't care what anyone says, this game is a blast. It's innovative in every way, and I thought it all went together well. The story wasn't very deep, but it was compelling to play through (trying to find that next clue, and getting attacked from out of nowhere). And the character interaction is some of the best I've seen, because it was like really having a life inside the game. Still one of my favorites, and I hope Yu Suzuki continues the line.

4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker

This one caught me off-guard in nearly every way. I wasn't a fan of the graphics until I played it, and I wasn't really crazy about the story concept until I played through it. What I thought was something very distant from my beloved Zelda games was actually something that sat very close to them. It was a sequel to Ocarina of Time - something I never thought I'd get, and wasn't expecting - and the story was absolutely stunning. That segment in Hyrule Castle is, I would argue, one of the all-time best video game moments. It gave me chills.

3. Resident Evil 2

I completed this game entirely. I played through every scenario, every point of view. I explored all the secrets, and completed all the sub-quests. I LOVE this game. This, I think, along with the Gamecube remake, is Resident Evil at its best. The environments, the story, and the action - they just sucked me right in.

2. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

The best game of all time is also nearly my most favorite, and for good reason. No game has ever gotten any closer to perfection. Ocarina symbolizes everything video games should be, and because of that, it sets itself apart from all other games. For me, it is more than just a game. It is a complete and untarnished masterpiece, and no matter how old it gets, it will still be just as enjoyable as the day it was released (which is the day I fell in love with it).

1. Halo

I've never played a video game so much in my life. My friends and I played this consistently for three years without taking breaks. It never got old, never got boring. The smoothness and sophistication of this game's gameplay is unrivaled. I've never had more fun playing a game, and I doubt I ever will. I was used to the same types of shooters, and this was different. New. Evolved. It ceased to be a game, and became an experience, a struggle. Never has a game challenged me so much, and never have I felt so accomplished for meeting and overcoming those challenges. My friends and I play Halo 2 all the time now, but when I'm at home, I STILL play this game (and as a matter of fact, we still play it when we feel like revisiting our old stomping grounds).

I am having a nervous breakdance
Apparently this is the thread to put this list in. And don't laugh... I'm a lot of things but not a gamer.

10. Decathlon (on Commodore 64)
9. Bust a Move
(not the dance game)
8. Alundra
7. Silent Hill II
6. Broken Sword II
5. NHL 98
(EA Sports... and it rocked)
4. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
3. Pro Evolution Soccer
(the second one, I think...)
2. Anna Kournikova's Smash Court Tennis
1. Quake

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

there's a frog in my snake oil
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
[b]10. Decathlon (on Commodore 64)[size=3]
Yay, i remember that one. Used to play the cranky old PC version (but then my French exchange beat all my records and i got annoyed with it )

3. Pro Evolution Soccer (the second one, I think...)
Man, they're all good. Best footie game ever. So realistic. Playing with 2 players on the same team is just quality. Shouting 'chip it!' at each other and pelting into the box and stuff. Class .

--

Managed to break my game absorbtion for many years, but got sucked into downloading free demos in the last year or so.

Battlefield 2 is definitely horribly addictive.

The People's Republic of Clogher
Originally Posted by Golgot
Yay, i remember that one. Used to play the cranky old PC version (but then my French exchange beat all my records and i got annoyed with it )
I used to have that on the Speccy. Good old Daley Thompson.....I blame him for the ruination of two Quickshot joysticks.

Originally Posted by Tacitus
I used to have that on the Speccy. Good old Daley Thompson.....I blame him for the ruination of two Quickshot joysticks.

Heh heh... I never thought being a drummer would pay off in the world of video games. Joystick-jerking while playing Decathlon and drumrolls on the joypad when playing Sega's Track and Field (which perhaps should have been on my list as well).

Not a lot of quakers and Silent Hill fans here I take it.....

Btw, does anyone here know if there's somewhere that I can get a hold of Quake or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault? I lost Quake when I changed computer and my Medal of Honor is not feeling good, and I don't know what's wrong with it.

Originally Posted by Golgot
Man, they're all good. Best footie game ever. So realistic. Playing with 2 players on the same team is just quality. Shouting 'chip it!' at each other and pelting into the box and stuff. Class
I haven't played the latest one yet. But the second one took about a year of me and my friends' life. What team did you play with? I always played with either Netherlands or Croatia. The names of the players were hillarious, thanks to a downbreak in negotiations for the rights I guess.

Not a lot of quakers and Silent Hill fans here I take it.....
I remember playing the first Silent Hill when it came out on the PS1 but didn't think it was as good as Ressie Evil.

Btw, does anyone here know if there's somewhere that I can get a hold of Quake or Medal of Honor: Allied Assault? I lost Quake when I changed computer and my Medal of Honor is not feeling good, and I don't know what's wrong with it.
Have you tried Ebay? That's where I picked up my copy of FF VII. I have a copy of Quake (or maybe Quake II) somewhere though my stock response thesedays is "it's in a box......somewhere."

On a Decathalon-related note, I can remember getting my hands on a programmable joystick which negated the need for repeated button pressing (autofire y'see ) but took all the fun out of the game. Doubt if even Ben Johnson at his most wired could have beaten my 100m time of 5.9 seconds though the Olympic testers might have detected unusually high traces of Lilt in my sample...

there's a frog in my snake oil
Yeah, too right. I remember getting an adapter at one point that allowed me to plug in my two knackered joysticks into one input. One could still go up-n-down, and t'other l-and-r. Together they just about worked . [pressing the buttons as well could be a bugger tho. I think i used my foot for a while]

I haven't played the latest one yet. But the second one took about a year of me and my friends' life. What team did you play with? I always played with either Netherlands or Croatia. The names of the players were hillarious, thanks to a downbreak in negotiations for the rights I guess.
Me and a mate help out on each other's masterleagues as a rule. Now that Spurs are doing alright, i've actually got a team that ain't half bad n'all. Buying Edgar Davids was a treat .

I kind of like choosing silly stand-in commentary names for my created players. My wingers Lennon and Routledge get called Luna and Rat. (One very drunken night i also made a team of kung fu action stars ).

The only prob i've seen with the latest one is that it makes you do a time-sucking training section if you're playing the master league. Can't be bothered with that.

I remember playing the first Silent Hill when it came out on the PS1 but didn't think it was as good as Ressie Evil. .
You should definately play Silent Hill II. Perhaps is a matter of taste. Ressie is more action where Silent Hill is more about creating a depressing feeling and sense of hopelessness. I loved it....

Silent Hill 3 is the scariest thing i've ever experienced. Just ask my pants. Though if you've read the shoutbox, i'm loving Resident Evil 4.

Taccy, how much you pay for FFVII of eBay? I swear it cost me more from there than it did the first time i got it.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp

Taccy, how much you pay for FFVII of eBay? I swear it cost me more from there than it did the first time i got it.
£10 or thereabouts inc postage, which was quite a good deal as most of the others seemed to go for 13-14. It cost me well over £30 first time round, wish I'd kept it now.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Silent Hill 3 is the scariest thing i've ever experienced. Just ask my pants. Though if you've read the shoutbox, i'm loving Resident Evil 4.
I've played about halfway through Silent Hill 3 and I thought it was more shoot-em-up and less horror/mystic than Silent Hill 2. And that's a bad thing to me.. But sure, it's still good.

I only played the demo, which was in a fair ground if i remember and some giant teddy bear or something jumped from nowhere and killed me. It was pretty intense.

I played through Silent Hill 2 a fair amount but my life with that game just fizzled out.