Your Top 10 Favorite Video Games

Tools    

Nothing can compare to it.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Call me old fashion but most of my favorite games are from 21th century.

NUMBER 1: Final Fantasy VII!!!!
2: Donkey Kong Country
3: Donkey Kong Country 2
4: Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire 64
5: Primal Rage
6: Banjo-Kazooie
7: Legand of Zelda: Oracle of Time
Tie 8: Jetpack/ Spider-man 2
9: Star Wars: KOTOR 2: Sith Lords
10: Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

Without such games like FF7 and Shadows of the Empire, I probably wouldn't have the appreciation I have for video games that I do today .
Halo would been on my list but it's on everybody's list so I thought I give some variety.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
GTA: Vice City comes mighty close
I meant of its type. I like Warcraft a lot more than FFVII.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
(I'll save myself some embarrassment by omitting all the Atari 2600 games I loved as a kid, like Adventure, Missle Command, and Warlords).
Hey! I had those games too! Adventure was cool! I liked Super Breakout, too!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

And this is my BOOMstick!
Finished Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay not so long ago. Wicked game, highly recommended.

1. Red Faction
2. Jak 3
3. Jak 2
4. Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
5. Grand Theft Auto 3
6. Lord Of The Rings Return Of The King
7. Call Of Duty Finest Hour
8. Medal Of Honor (Original for Playstation)
9. NFL 2k5
10. Halo

Someone Save Us College Kids
1)Final Fantasy 7
2)Broken Sword
3)King Of Fighter 1999
4)Capcom VS Snk
5)Fatal Fury aka Garou Mark of the Wolves
6)Resident Evil Code Veronica
7)Guilty Gear
8)Power Stone
9)Project Justice
10)Gundam Battle Assalt 2

1. The Sims Urbs
2. Street Hoops
3. Street ballers
4. Super Mario Brothers
5. The Italian Job
6. Grand Theft Auto (all of them)
7. Tony Hawk Underground 1&2
8. Matt Hoffman's BMX
9. Resident Evil (all of them)
10. The Sims Bustin Out

1. GTA: San Andreas
2. The Sims, bustin' out
3. Drakengard
4. Ratchet and Clank (all of them)
5. Jak and Daxter (first one)
6. Baldur's Gate, Dark Alliance (1st one)
7. Final Fantasy 7
8. Final Fantasy X2 (hey, I'm a girl)
9. Command and Conquer: generals
10. Warcraft

I've been playing this demo like crazy, too, I bet it'll make it onto my list when it comes out: http://dlx.gamespot.com/pc/actofward...o_6116389.html

Appy-polly-loggies
My Top Ten best games

1-Halo 1~2
2-Need For Speed Underground 1~2
3-Prince Of Persia
4-Dynasty Worriors
5-War Craft
6-Star Craft
7-Mortal Kombat
8-City Of Hero's
9-Mario
10-D!

These are in no particular order...

The Legend of Zelda: The Ocarina of Time

The first 3-D Zelda game made. This game challenges you to puzzles, action, and adventure in a never before known way.

Kingdom Hearts

This game is made with Disney, and Final Fantasy characters, as well as original characters. Sora, Goofy, and Donald go around different worlds, only to find Disney characters inhabiting them.

Final Fantasy X

The first Final Fantasy for Playstation 2, this game is all about saving the world from Sin.

Kingdom Hearts:Chain of Memories

This gameboy advance game features 4 short clips of very good 3-D cutscenes. It continues directly after the first Kingdom Hearts game.

The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap

The newest in the line of Zelda games. This game allows you to shrink down to Minish/Picori size, which is neccessary, to complete tasks.

Kirby Super Star

This Kirby game features 6 different stages, varying from a race all the way to cave dwelling.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

This is the newest,and so far most realistic, Grand Theft Auto in the series. You are Carl Johnson, who the police frame for crimes he didn't commit.

Sonic 2

The 2nd Sonic game in the series. Robotnik's back and looking for revenge, so our blue friend goes to the rescue through many levels of gameplay.

Star Wars Battlefront

This game puts you straight into the Star Wars world, as a soldier on either the rebel or empire side.

Super Mario 64 DS

This game is a remake of the original classic Super Mario 64. The game has a few imrprovements, which include unlockable characters, mini games, and 30 new stars to collect.

The Legend of Zelda: Mahora's mask

The second Zelda game for N64. In this game, you get a mask put on your face you cannot take off without a little help, so you go on a quest to find how to take it off.

I love the broken sword games.

A system of cells interlinked
The Legend of Alkabeth (Apple II) - This archaic adventire/RPG was my first exposure to graphics in games. I had a tiny little wireframe window to explore about. Was sort of the next level after stuff like Zork and Adventure!

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
- My first exposure to 16 bit gaming, it was the first game I bought when I got my SNES system, and it blew me away with it's weather effets, dual world, and incredible level design.

Super Metroid (SNES) - Again with the first exposure to immersion in a video game, Samus jumped on the elevator and started decending into Norfair, the music kicked in, the lava was a'glowin and I stared in awe at what was before me.

Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - I am starting to realize the SNES was really one of the most revolutionary pieces of technology ever to come out, as it broke so much ground. I believe this was the first game ever to use the SG chip in a SNES game, and like Super Metroid, I remember passing the first couple of levels, marveling at the character models, and I got to a level where the monkeys go underwater and swim about. I was floored and kept dying on purpose so I could start the level over. I called into work the next day and played all day.

Street Fighter II (Arcade &SNES) - I started playing this one night while doing laundry. I popped over to the bowling alley nearby and a new game had arrived, SFII. A massive crowd was gathered I craned my neck to see what all the fuss was about. Never before (or again, as far as I am concerned) had anyone seen a head to head game with such variety, such character... I got hammered on that first night, but quickly got addicted and started learning all the fighters. this game was huge for a LONG time.

Resident Evil (Playstation) - I remember being sort of disappointed with my PS at first. I had picked up a couple of games like...lets see here...Warhawk and I believe..Crah Bandicoot, and was a bit underwhelmed. My friend stopped by at midnight on a work night one evening and said "Mike, you have to see this" and popped in Resident Evil. Sigh, another sick day at work. This was the first time a game had my jumping out of my chair and I THINK it was the first use of cut scenes I had been exposed to. I played this over and over again for months.

Final Fantasy VII (Playstation) - This was a revolution in gaming. No, it really was. Yes it was linear, sure it was overwhelming to some, and sure, the random battles were annoying at times. Meanwhile, the developers had written what I still think is one of the best (and most complex) stories ever done for a video game. The summon spells were mind blowing, the graphics incredible, the score was stellar, and there was enough to keep gamers busy upwards of 80+ hours, something that was unheard of at the time.

System Shock II (PC) - Sci-fi/Hooror in a fully immersive 3D world? Sign me up. When Deus Ex came out, people filipped out over the cool 'cyber-upgrades" and the combination of a shooter with an RPG type character leveling system. But...what about System Shock II? I would say, it already did all that! I guess SSII didn't have a good marketing team, but I was completely blown away. This sleeper hit caught me by surprise, and I had to play it twice.

Warcraft III (PC) - Got this the day t came out, and I still play it almost everyday, even if only to play a mod. My favorite RTS game, ever.

This last title is tough, as I have about 10 more games I would like to list, but I guess honorable mentions will have to do for those. Last but not least...

GTA:Vice City (PSII) - I had tried to play GTA III, but found it a bit to frustrating with some imbalance issues (Ambulance missions were IMPOSSIBLE). When I got VC, I was sucked into the living, breathing environment. Another revolution in design, and I feel I must include one of these games on my list. I can't list GTA: SA because 10 I haven't finished it yet and 2) I hate the soundtrack. The game is clearly great, but I feel lame listing a game I haven't finished.

Others I wanted to list but just missed the cut:

Secret of Mana (SNES), Chrono-Trigger (SNES), Half Life II (PC), Unreal, Super Mario Kart (SNES), Final Fantasy III (SNES), Deus Ex (PC), Kesmai Multiplayer Battletech (Online), Civilization III (PC), and Silent Hill II (PSII).

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
10. The 7th Guest - The scariest game ever created. It was groundbreaking when it came out because of the pre-rendered video and use of actual actors. I'm not too sure how it would stand the test of time and maturation, probably wouldn't find it scary now, but playing this in a room with a group of friends late at night...yeah, there were times I covered my eyes or ran out of the room. And the puzzles were actually hard.

Old Man Stauf built a house
And filled it with his toys
Six guests all came one night
Their screams the only noise

No one knows what happened next
Theres no one left to say
But if you should see Old Man Stauf
Get on your knees and pray
9. Half-Life 2 - Fun as hell with graphics that will make you weep.

8. Super Mario Bros - Is there any doubt? Not too mention the greatest video game music ever composed. I can't imagine a day when people of our generation, when they hear the first three notes of the theme music won't jump in and finish it off.

7. Day of the Tentacle - Oh billy! Fun, fun, fun. Laughs and laughs and laughs. If you think you're a nerd and you've never heard of Day of the Tentacle, you're a poor excuse for a nerd.

6. Sam and Max Hit the Road - This is actually a better game then the two adventure titles that preceed it on the list, but I just love the harder edges of the Dig and Full Throttle more. If you haven't played Sam and Max you really, really, really doing yourself a disfavor.. It had humor and flare that was infiintely superior to anything that's coming out since.

5. Full Throttle - One of the finest adventure games ever. Again, a great sense of humor, fun as hell plot and innovative game play. The grittiest adventure game ever created.

4. The Dig - Just one of the best executions in adventure gaming. A story forged by Steven Spielberg, created by the Lucas Arts team is a reciepe for awesome. This game is imagination.

3. Metal Gear Solid - The best of the best. This game started it all and finished it all. If there was ever a first game that set the bar high, this is it. It wasn't just set high, it's simply unreachable.

2. Fallout - Oh how I love this freaking game. It is the most realized vision of a future world ever created in a game. It has nuance out the ass. The dialogue is phenomenal. If you haven't played Fallout or Fallout 2, buy them right now. This game is the reason I have a very, very, very high affection for anything post-apocolyptic. It has the best sense of humor and style ever to be contained within a computer game.

1. Fallout 2

Just look at that picture and you'll see how Black Isle amped up the sequel to the greatest RPG ever created. It's just slicker, harder, meaner, and sicker. You can marry a mutant girl and if you start to run out of money, you can pimp her out. That alone right shows how raw these games are.

If you have patience, ie. your favorite game isn't Halo, spend the measely 5 dollars and buy both of these games. You have no excuse to not spend 5 bucks and recieve the two greatest games ever created.

Originally Posted by Tea Barking
I love the broken sword games.

YES!!!! The Broken Sword series is fantastic! Although, I never played the 3-D game. How was it?

In no particular order:

Resident Evil 4

This might possibly be my favorite game ever. That's a mighty big call, I know, but this is the best game in its series and its type. The action is actually fun which is unheard of in a Resident Evil game, plus it is still scary as hell, and I think geniunely more disturbing than the rest of the series.

Final Fantasy VIII

I love every game in the series, but this is the only one I ever actually beat. I love the gun-swords.

Halo 2

OK storyline, even though it was a blast to play through (especially that scene towards the end when Breaking Benjamin's music starts to play - brilliant), but honestly this game was always about multiplayer to begin with. It succeeded with flying flourescent colors.

Kingdom Hearts

Nothing has ever made me feel like such a kid as this game, while not making me feel lame for loving it. Best thing to come out of Disney, not involving Pixar, ever.

Project Gotham Racing

HUGE soundtrack, dangerously addictive gameplay, and by far most innovative racing game ever, that is until...

Burnout 3: Takedown

I was always a big fan of the Burnout series, and knew more people should get in on the fun. This solidified that, and redefined what "fast" meant in a racing game.

Escape From Monkey Island

Every single Monkey Island game was great. This was just the most recent.

System Shock II

This game was f***ing crazy. It took a lot for anything to scare me after playing this game. I literally got nightmares after playing this game. It was great.

Ninja Gaiden
(X-Box)

Ninja brutality through and through. I've beaten it through twice and still want to play through it some more.

Half-LIfe

Evolved what a story could do in a first-person-shooter. The fact that people were still, and probably still are, playing Counter-Strike up until the release of Half-Life 2 is a testament to this game's greatness.

God I need a new computer.

Oh!! The 7th Guest!!! I played this on my 486. One puzzle was TOO DAMN HARD...Something about a tryst if I remember correctly, and I hadn't heard the word and was stuck FOREVER. And yes Fallout 2 was GREAT.

That reminds me, Another game worth mentioning is Buried in Time: The Journeyman Project II. Was out about the same time as 7th Guest, and had amazing graphics for the time. I remember being addicted to Buried in Time for a long time as well. For a game on a 486 PC, it had FANTASTIC graphics, which were pre-rendered sort of MYST like, but you could move around the areas instead of just looking at pictures. The locales were incredible, ranging from DaVinci's workshop, to a mayan pyramid, a medieval castle, and a space station. This was a puzzle based adventure game with no combat, but you could perish.

Some Screenshots

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally Posted by Sedai
That reminds me, Another game worth mentioning is Buried in Time: The Journeyman Project II. Was out about the same time as 7th Guest, and had amazing graphics for the time. I remember being addicted to Buried in Time for a long time as well. For a game on a 486 PC, it had FANTASTIC graphics, which were pre-rendered sort of MYST like, but you could move around the areas instead of just looking at pictures. The locales were incredible, ranging from DaVinci's workshop, to a mayan pyramid, a medieval castle, and a space station. This was a puzzle based adventure game with no combat, but you could perish.
The name didn't strike any bells, but I think I actually had that game...

Alright, who else had the Zork anthology? Return to Zork was the shizznizzle forizzle!

Originally Posted by OG-
The name didn't strike any bells, but I think I actually had that game...

Alright, who else had the Zork anthology? Return to Zork was the shizznizzle forizzle!
Funny thing, I played some of Zork recently, on a Unix box I had kicking around before I rebuilt the machine for Windows. It was fun, and I remembered a lot of it.

At lunch today I DLed a ROM emulator and a few SNES games. Played a little Donkey Kong Country, which was also quite fun for the nostalgia. Man, they really needed some anti-aliasing though