The official "I Hate Anime!!!" and "I Hate Fan Fiction!!!" Thread

Tools    

Fanfictio is good, if it's done well. Done badly, it can be horrible. Same goes with anime, although more complex and chalenging...

Well, their both good trade offs... I'm more for Anime... some Anime... or Hentai... what can I say, they got something going there.

Originally Posted by Diablo
Well, their both good trade offs... I'm more for Anime... some Anime... or Hentai... what can I say, they got something going there.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Kill me now, o cruel world...

It has just came to my attention that my girlfriend has recently told me...

SHE'S A FAN OF ANIME!!!

She's an artist, and she's draws it just as much as she likes it. Oh, this is great. Now I'm going to have to buy her some Cowboy Bebop crap for her B-Day and Christmas... not only that, but some of my best friends love anime. AHHH!!!!

And another thing I've learned... you'd have to win the lottery in order to buy those DVD's! My girlfriend and I were in FYE (I had bought Raising Arizona on DVD... great movie... I highly recommend you see it if you already haven't) and she was looking at the anime stuff. I was blown away by the prices! $125 for a friggin' 4-Disc set of some cartoon called Helsing. It's about vampires I've heard, but is in no way connected to Van Helsing. But $125??? The friggin' Star Wars DVD's only cost $50, and they have 4 DVD's! What's up with that? Talk about supply and demand... my girlfriend bought a "limited edition" 4-Disc set of Cowboy Bebop which only 15,000 were made. The price? Oh, it was cheap at around $300!!! She made her dad pay for it too... I feel bad for him, I truly and really do...

Fan of anime huh??? And shes an artist?!! Wow!

Yeah... Anime drives the young ladies "crazy". Good stuff... most of it anyway.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Hellsing is more than worth the $125 dollars, but (and I keep beating this to death) if you're going to buy her something, get her Berserk. It owns Hellsing up and down.

Hellsing starts off strong and the fights between Alucard and the Priest are ****ing awesome, but it falls off pretty sharply towards the end. It is only 13 eps long. Berserk rules it so much.

Originally Posted by OG-
It is only 13 eps long.
Then why the crap is it $125??? Or more as you said? A single disc cost's $30.00!!! Is that how much Berserk is? And just what is that about anyways?

Berserk costs about the same and is 15 episodes, but a far better series.

Hellsing is about a private military organization in London that hunts vampires. They're secret weapon (of sorts) is Alucard, a vampire that kills other vampires just for the fun of it. It is a cool series, but not ballsoutmusthaveamazing.

Berserk is a whole different story. Berserk follows Gats' life during the middle ages. Gats grows up as an ophan and becomes a mercenary. He becomes a member of a band/tribe of mercenaries who siege castles etc for money. Gats is basically the most badass character ever created. He is completely calloused to the world and kills anyone who gets in his way. He becomes known as the Century Killer for killing 100 men in a battle. The world they live in, which is presumably some form of earth, co-exists with a world of demons as the tribe begins to deal with many...non human... things. It has a very odd ending that many seem to hate but I thought was perfectly fitting. It isn't something you can explain really, it is something you have to see to understand how awesome it is.

Talk about about a rip-off

I'm guessing you're implying that Hellsing the anime is a rip-off of Van Helsing...

Hellsing is simply called such because it is the name of the woman who runs the Hellsing Institution (they're clever spin on the legend of Helsing killing Dracula), other than the name and that people kill vampires, they have nothing in common.

Well, bad news for me... my girlfriend so happened to have seen my post about her and kinda got mad at me over it. She seemed offly quiet when I saw her, then I saw the anger in her eyes, then she said to me, "I read your post you put on that site."

Oh, the anger in her eyes...

Anywho, (I'm in Marching Band at my High School) I walked around, asking some folks if they like "Japanese Animation", and with exception of about 4 people in an 84 member band, THE REST SAID YES.

My fellow anime haters, we are the Jedi, and the Sith is hunting us down.

Let us form a Rebellion, and strike against the evil arrivial and further coming of the Imperial Anime's...

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH US ALL

And this is my BOOMstick!
Dude it's ok to dislike anime, it's not OK to have a Starwars parade against it.

It is okay to hate anime, but it seems to me that you're just pretty arrogant about the whole thing, especially if you didn't even know your girlfriend liked it

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
Well, bad news for me... my girlfriend so happened to have seen my post about her and kinda got mad at me over it. She seemed offly quiet when I saw her, then I saw the anger in her eyes, then she said to me, "I read your post you put on that site."

Oh, the anger in her eyes...
Mad over what???

Hey, OG, thanks, im sold on Beserk, i havnt heard of it before, i was curious about Hellsing but now i'll see if i can get that instead. Spesh as i dont think Hellsing is even available to me. Whats the animation like?