Terminator 1 or 2, which one did you like the best?

Tools    

Terminator 1 or 2, which one did you like the best?
53.33%
32 votes
Terminator
46.67%
28 votes
Terminator 2: Judgement Day
60 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Victim of The Night
Since were all just hanging around waiting for Yoda's next reveal. Thought of some more (at least for me) tough ones;

6. Tatsuya Nakadai vs Toshirō Mifune
7. For a Few Dollars More vs A Fistful of Dollars
8. Ennio Morricone vs John Williams
9. Newman vs Redford
Only one I can definitively answer is Newman over Redford, though I respect Redford a lot. I think he and Newman were a lot alike in that they both were movie stars, like a Tom Cruise, who were always themselves in every movie, but they were great at acting (if not becoming other characters). Newman just had some things that were at the very top. And The Sting almost looks like Redford attending The Newman School.

before that early step in my teens it was Don Bluth.
I had a Secret of NIHM lunchbox

Let's see....

- Terminator is not only the superlative Terminator but it's James Cameron's masterpiece. Less is better.

- Godfather is a better arc and a more fulfilling standalone film than II. Apply this answer to any future Star Wars v Empire controversy that may arise.

- Die Hard is the only erect death as far as I'm concerned. The sequels are just flaccid asphyxiation.

- Alien is actually scary.

- Raging Bull is the best boxing film, but Rocky is the best Philly film.

- Toshiro Mifune is Yojimbo. So....

- The Good The Bad and The Ugly

- Ennio

- Paul Newman. This has to be the most obvious answer of them all.

Victim of The Night
I believe you mean "I don't love Bill Paxton nearly enough."

Also, "slightly above average?" It's got Arnold at the peak of his comic and action ability, Cameron's accuity for fluid, complex and riveting action, Jaime Lee Curtis balancing a role that demands she transition from lonely, homely wife to sexy spy, and Tom Arnold being shockingly enjoyable.

And Bill. *******. Paxton.

You're fired.
I really did feel, when I saw it in the theater, and now, that True Lies transcended its genre(s).

Twins is hilarious. You're wrong, crumb.

Jingle All the Way and Batman and Robin are war crimes, though (although I do enjoy Phil Hartman and Uma Thurman in them), so all is forgiven.

I really did feel, when I saw it in the theater, and now, that True Lies transcended its genre(s).
It does.

And Rock, I expected better of you. I'll spare you for telling Crummy he's wrong though.

- Paul Newman. This has to be the most obvious answer of them all.
Newman is a stronger actor, but I think Redford is better than I see a lot of people give him credit for.*He also has great screen presence, which is harder to pull off than it looks.*(Although Newman probably has him beat on that front too, tbh.)

It does.

And Rock, I expected better of you. I'll spare you for telling Crummy he's wrong though.

All I'm reading here is that you like war crimes.

Stop-motion robot skeletons > CGI melty-metal effects
-ergo-
T1 > T2
T2 has both. Ergo, it is superior.

Twins is hilarious. You're wrong, crumb.
*brief moment of contemplation*

Phew! For a second I was worried that being wrong might frighten me away from one of my wonderfully scrumptious opinions.

*Laughs diabolically*

*Abruptly falls into stony silence as any memory of Twins comes into focus*

Nope. Still hate it.

In regards to True Lies, after giving it some thought, I realize I would definitely put it above T2. I'll give it that.

This is both my honest opinion, as well as a purposely calibrated way for my opinions on this to become even more annoying for MKS

Newman is a stronger actor, but I think Redford is better than I see a lot of people give him credit for.*He also has great screen presence, which is harder to pull off than it looks.*(Although Newman probably has him beat on that front too, tbh.)
I don't mean that as a knock against Redford. It's not his fault he's not Paul Newman.

Redford is indeed very good at what he does. He's the impeccable leading man - gravitas, quiet intensity, sly virility. He can also be very funny in disarming ways. But Newman can also do all of that, and more. I don't think I've ever seen a Redford performance that's truly moved me emotionally. I don't remember a Redford character with the frailty of an Eddie Felson or Hud Bannon or Luke Jackson or Frank Galvin. It really is unfair when you think about it.

Also, Redford has made some fine motion pictures behind the camera, but nothing as sublime as Rachel Rachel. Paul Newman likes to win.

I don't mean that as a knock against Redford. It's not his fault he's not Paul Newman.

Redford is indeed very good at what he does. He's the impeccable leading man - gravitas, quiet intensity, sly virility. He can also be very funny in disarming ways. But Newman can also do all of that, and more. I don't think I've ever seen a Redford performance that's truly moved me emotionally. I don't remember a Redford character with the frailty of an Eddie Felson or Hud Bannon or Luke Jackson or Frank Galvin. It really is unfair when you think about it.

Also, Redford has made some fine motion pictures behind the camera, but nothing as sublime as Rachel Rachel. Paul Newman likes to win.
My emotions about the character were complicated, by his performance in Downhill Racer is pretty indelible for me.

You make pretty good points for Newman's superiority. I'm going to change my answer of hemming and hawing towards Newman, and just embrace him full heartedly as the better of the two.

The truth is in here
In The Sting both of them win.
Robert Redford and Paul Newman were perfectly cast and electrifying from start to finish. You couldn't force me at gunpoint to pick out the better performance.