War
10.00%
4 votes
Westerns
12.50%
5 votes
Other
40 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Anyway, I voted for action but it doesn't seem to matter because people still want a horror countdown in spite of the obnoxious levels of discourse surrounding the concept of what does or doesn't count as horror.
Action will be the same thing.

Action will be the same thing.
Very true. Any genre countdown will be a big challenge

It looks like Horror is winning, so maybe another poll is needed about whether IMDB Tags should be used or not, to define what's eligible as a horror movie. Agree? Disagree?

It looks like Horror is winning, so maybe another poll is needed about whether IMDB Tags should be used or not, to define what's eligible as a horror movie. Agree? Disagree?

IMDb tags should be used by default.

Every other countdown has done that, and it's always worked.

IMDb tags should be used by default.

Every other countdown has done that, and it's always worked.
I like this but I think see what Nostro suggests first.

I am generating community polls for the borderline films.

They won't be happening immediately. Within the next couple days.

Somewhat lost in the hysteria, we should be enjoying the closure of our 1930s Top 100, primarily.

I vote for Horror.

Because you knowwwww I'M A HORROR GUY

I'm not going to vote in the poll, but my wish is for Horror. That said, the condition I already stated for my personal participation hasn't changed.

I am generating community polls for the borderline films.
Have you settled on an actual set of parameters for the countdown? If not, I don't think we can call anything "borderline" until that has been determined.

That's true, there needs to be a baseline to distinguish between obvious inclusions and borderline ones. IE: it's obvious if both IMDB and Wikipedia tag it, but if only one does, it's voted on. Something like that.

Thoughts?

That's true, there needs to be a baseline to distinguish between obvious inclusions and borderline ones. IE: it's obvious if both IMDB and Wikipedia tag it, but if only one does, it's voted on. Something like that.

Thoughts?
Nostro could do this: if a film is tagged both Horror and Comedy at IMDB, it gets voted on in a poll. That's not what I would do as it sounds like a lot of work and a big headache. And of course the decision is Nostro's, so that was just a suggestion.

Nostro could do this: if a film is tagged both Horror and Comedy at IMDB, it gets voted on in a poll. That's not what I would do as it sounds like a lot of work and a big headache. And of course the decision is Nostro's, so that was just a suggestion.
But if we do it that way, then don't we have to do it with every movie that is tagged with horror and another genre? Horror comedies aren't the only kind of horror that mixes genres.

Why is this even a debate?
It was never done with any of the other countdowns.

Moon made the Sci-Fi list, and it's tagged as Mystery and Drama... Mad Max made the Sci-Fi list and is Action Adventure... should they have been debated?

Why is this even a debate?
It was never done with any of the other countdowns.

Moon made the Sci-Fi list, and it's tagged as Mystery and Drama... Mad Max made the Sci-Fi list and is Action Adventure... should they have been debated?
I see them both as Sci-Fi

I see them both as Sci-Fi
Rodent can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think his point was that both were on the Sci-Fi list and both are tagged as Science Fiction and other genres.

Rodent can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think his point was that both were on the Sci-Fi list and both are tagged as Science Fiction and other genres.
Oh I got it.

That's my point.

If we're going to have to debate on movies with the horror tag, that also have other tags as well... whether it's the comedy tag or whatever, then we have to debate and vote on everything else that has other tags.

... then Psycho would need to be voted on as to whether it's eligible for the Horror list.
It has Mystery and Thriller tags as well.

But if we do it that way, then don't we have to do it with every movie that is tagged with horror and another genre? Horror comedies aren't the only kind of horror that mixes genres.
Those decision would be up the host. I've already said I would include all films tagged Horror myself (if I was the host).

I assume Nostro and some horror fans feel that comedy horrors aren't horrors. I don't personally have a problem with them being included, but I think that's the sticking point for Nostro.

What about this film?: Once Bitten (1985) I just seen that and it was funny, but other than being about a vampire it wasn't a bit horrifying. I wouldn't consider it a horror film and yet it's tagged Comedy-Horror at IMDB.

I think most movies are tagged as more than one genre just to try to explain the content of a movie a little. I think in a genre countdown we should only go by the dominant genre. I think your Gremlins is as least reasonable on that front. I was saying Stripes for the war countdown because it's listed as comedy and war, but anyone knows that's comedy and not war. Some of it should be common sense.