Why do some film series go off their order of events

Tools    

Mr. TagoMago, I'm not sure I get your meaning. Do you mean others in this thread or elsewhere? If you don't believe sequels were planned before "Star Wars" was made, check out these links:

http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/the-fir...ck-1201669419/

It's true that "Episode IV" was added to the crawler later but that doesn't mean sequels weren't envisioned.
Ok my bad then.

Fast and the Furious' chronology is actually one I forgot about, likely because I've never been a fan of the series. But, that's definitely a strange and bizarre one to say the least.

Although it isn't a chronological issue but, instead, a very strange series continuance and alternative timelines, Halloween is noteworthy:

Halloween 1 & 2 conclude the story with Laurie Strode, and, ultimately, effectively kill Michael Myers. Then, after Halloween 3, which isn't about Michael Myers, but, instead, an evil corporation called Silver Shamrock, marketing deadly masks to children, in Halloween 4-5, his focus is on Laurie's daughter Jamie (Laurie is assumed dead). Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers is its own bag-of-worms, but follows after the timeline for 5.

In Halloween H20, however, it's revealed that Laurie Strode faked her death. This almost would fit into the said-continuity, and in the original outline for the film, it even featured a scene mentioning Jamie's death and Laurie Strode vomiting in a bathroom. The film ultimately retconned everything that had happened and eliminated Jamie's character. This effectively created a second timeline that was then followed by Halloween: Resurrection, which began with the death of Laurie Strode.

Then, of course, there's the Rob Zombie remakes.

And, finally, now with the upcoming Halloween 2018, a new timeline will now exist, disregarding Laurie's death in Resurrection, her stated death in Halloween 4, and disregarding the events of Halloween 2, opting to directly followup the original John Carpenter film.
5 years later and hear we are two more Halloween movies right after Halloween 2018, question is, will the series end probably not it makes money why would they stop right. I like the Halloween series but to me it's time to hang it up and just enjoy on what you already have.

12 Halloween movies not counting part 3 because (no myers) is plenty, imo, there's nowhere else you can possibly go with the story.

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

12 Halloween movies not counting part 3 because (no myers) is plenty, imo, there's nowhere else you can possibly go with the story.
I tried to find a comedian Michael Myers Hollywood Reporter cover but no luck. Maybe this movie blocked him from that honor?

If so, then that means that A) the magazine makers believe that putting him on the cover would increase the chances of endangerment for people involved with and associated with THR, or B) What movie makers do with their movies must be code copied and obeyed without direct orders. (The makers of Halloween didnt tell THR to not put Michael Myers on the cover, they made that decision themselves)

I tried to find a comedian Michael Myers Hollywood Reporter cover but no luck. Maybe this movie blocked him from that honor?

If so, then that means that A) the magazine makers believe that putting him on the cover would increase the chances of endangerment for people involved with and associated with THR, or B) What movie makers do with their movies must be code copied and obeyed without direct orders. (The makers of Halloween didnt tell THR to not put Michael Myers on the cover, they made that decision themselves)
I'm sure if Hollywood went with this idea, It would sure piss the Halloween/Michael Myers fanbase off like on the main reddit page for the movies lol.

I have a few examples

Star Wars - why start off at episode 4 when really you could of just started with episode 1 first. The big mistake here is you start off on episode 4 and any characters that you kill off in future episodes and they show up in the first 3 episodes, its gonna make those episodes pointless to watch since you already know what's going to happened to those characters in the future episodes. Not a bad series though it's just it would of been better if they went in order or maybe I'm missing something here.

I will go way off of the deep end here on this. Having once been a student of ancient literature, notably Latin and Greek, something that's part of the tradition of ancient epics like The Odyssey or the Aeneid, is to begin in the middle, "In media res". The length of the story then follows with flashbacks and ultimately the final outcome. It's not a straight line, chronological sequence of events, which can be boring and shallow and reads like a history text.

It's warrior waiting for a battle, meditating on how he got there, why the war started in the first place, inserting past characters into the narrative, telling back stories, etc. The final conclusion comes at the end, usually when the war is over and the soldier eventually meets his ancestors in some mythic place like the Fields of Elysium or like a Viking in Valhalla (the hall of the slain).

If you've ever read this kind of literature, it's plain for all to see that George Lucas had exactly this in mind when he conceived his characters and plot line. The first time I saw Star Wars, I noted the similarities....Oh...this is like The Iliad, an epic war, a great voyage, monsters, epic events. Today's movies are drenched in this kind of tradition, which is thousands of years old.

Tolkien, a scholar, was also immersed in literature of this sort and it clearly comes into the LOTR universe which is drenched in allusions to northern European mythology. LOTR adapted orcs from the Anglo-Saxon Beowulf epic. Dragons, wizards and great kings come from the same tradition.

It's Achilles with a ray gun, Ulysses with a space ship, ancient plot lines and sci-fi technology.

These sort of stories are not new, but go to the roots of really ancient myth, told around the camp fire, generally with poetry and song. A big part of why they work so well is that they resonate with something we're not even conscious of but that is baked into our culture, but when we go into that dark theater, we're back into the world of monsters and demons.

Do some reading on this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_medias_res

I will go way off of the deep end here on this. Having once been a student of ancient literature, notably Latin and Greek, something that's part of the tradition of ancient epics like The Odyssey or the Aeneid, is to begin in the middle, "In media res". The length of the story then follows with flashbacks and ultimately the final outcome. It's not a straight line, chronological sequence of events, which can be boring and shallow and reads like a history text.

It's warrior waiting for a battle, meditating on how he got there, why the war started in the first place, inserting past characters into the narrative, telling back stories, etc. The final conclusion comes at the end, usually when the war is over and the soldier eventually meets his ancestors.

If you've ever read this kind of literature, it's plain for all to see that George Lucas had exactly this in mind when he conceived his characters and plot line. The first time I saw Star Wars, I noted the similarities....Oh...this is like The Iliad, an epic war, a great voyage, monsters, epic events. Today's movies are drenched in this kind of tradition, which is thousands of years old.

Tolkien, a scholar, was also immersed in literature of this sort and it clearly comes into the LOTR universe which is drenched in allusions to northern European mythology. LOTR adapted orcs from the Anglo-Saxon Beowulf epic. Dragons, wizards and great kings come from the same tradition.

It's Achilles with a ray gun, Ulysses with a space ship, ancient plot lines and sci-fi technology.

These sort of stories are not new, but go to the roots of really ancient myth, told around the camp fire, generally with poetry and song. A big part of why they work so well is that they resonate with something we're not even conscious of but that is baked into our culture, but when we go into that dark theater, we're back into the world of monsters and demons.

Do some reading on this - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_medias_res
A quick response to myself. It's worth noting that all orcs are not ancient. Hollywood lore says that Peter Jackson modeled the ugliest orc after Harvey Weinstein after they had a big disagreement.

Because you can't plan good ideas. And some good ideas come after you're already done. So, you gotta find some way to work the new idea in. If that means rewinding, fast-forwarding and breaking it up then so be it.