Derek Vinyard's Top 30 Horror Movie.

→ in
Tools    

As you guys know my favorite genre in cinema is Horror so I feel the need to make a list about it.

I WILL finish this one

29. The Descent (2005) - Neil Marshall

Claustrophobic nightmare. Creatures are sick, acting is fine and storyline badass. I love it.

28. Saw (2004) - James Wan

If you don't know already James Wan is a huge favorite of mine and this movie is no exception to his greatness. Gory fun, fine acting and such a great ending scene.

27. The Thing (1982) - John Carpenter

- One of the best remake of all-time and John Carpenter is genius. Badass creature.

26. 28 Days Later (2002) - Danny Boyle

One of the top zombie movie with amazing landscape of London. Tenseful, well acted and great storyline.

25. The Ring (2002) - Gore Verbinski

Give me nightmares as a kid. One of the most memorable frightening movie ever for me.

25. The Ring (2002) - Gore Verbinski

Give me nightmares as a kid. One of the most memorable frightening movie ever for me.
It was the most frightening and scariest movie of all time, I still remember when first time I watched this movie and after watching it, it became difficult for me to go to toilet haha.

Unregistered User
Great list so far Derek. Favourite so far would be a toss up between Alien and The Descent. I rewatched 28 Days Later not so long ago and it didn't really hold up for me , still good though.

I know our tastes will begin to diverge in this list before long but thus far it's fairly solid - Saw and 28 Days Later would be the weakest of these for me but even then both have more positives than negatives imo, the others are all well regarded by myself.

24. The Ritual (2017) - David Bruckner

One great horror from the decade. I love the landscape and the location for the movie. great atmosphere and nice creature.

23. Insidious (2010) - James Wan

James Wan/Patrick Wilson collaboration is one of my favorite. Both are amazing director/actor and this flick is scary as hell.

22. VHS/VHS2 (2012/2013) - Many Directors

Great horror anthology movies. Gory, weird and very entertaining.

21. Grave Encounters - The Vicious Brothers

Great found footage movie with a ton of good jump scares, if you want to be scare this movie is for you.

20. The Wicker Man (1973) - Robin Hardy

One of the best cult movie out there. An instant-classic for horror fan and great performance by Christopher Lee (RIP).