Trainspotting 2

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
I never said Refn invented anything.
Then what's so "wannabe Refn" about the cinematography? The only comparison I could think of was the neon lighting (and perhaps the static camerawork).

I love Trainspotting and I think the trailer for Trainspotting 2 looks good. I agree that it looks like a rehash but I don't mind.

Would anyone recomend reading the books?

it gets nice review I'm really interested

You can't win an argument just by being right!
some wannabe Winding-Refn cinematography.. ....

Since when was Refn a cinematographer?

I don't think I've seen the first one. Always wanted to but never got around to it. Might need a catch up before seeing this.

Since when was Refn a cinematographer?

I don't think I've seen the first one. Always wanted to but never got around to it. Might need a catch up before seeing this.
The trailer had shots and lighting that were very similar to Only God Forgives and The Neon Demon. Not that Refn has a patent on that sort of stuff or anything. Just was very very similar.

I expect the film itself doesn't resemble a Refn film though, but I have no desire to check it out either way.

Ooh, only just briefly checked the trailer. I can't handle the colour palette; I'm a bit of a snot when it comes to palettes (you'll see me whne about over blown prime colours and OMG the orange and teal fad). I haven't seen OGF but didn't like ND. Refn's other movies I've seen don't make my eyes bleed.

It's a great looking movie. I just wasn't in the right mood for it, and mood for me with film is everything. I didn't dislike it so prepared to tweak my mindset and have a rewatch. My husband was away when I saw that so I'll check it out again when he wants to see it.