Best sequel of a movie ever ?

Tools    

in my opinion , The Dark Knight is the best sequel movie of all time . An action pack movie , with great scene and one of the most incredible performance by an actor (Heath Ledger)

honorable mention to : Godfather part 2 , Evil Dead 2 , Terminator 2 and The Empire Strikes back .

What's yours ?

Empire Strikes Back practically invented the Blockbuster sequel

Empire and T2 are really close... tough to pick one over the other, for me

1. In the Mood For Love (2000) - Wong Kar Wai
2. Before Midnight (2013) - Richard Linklater
3. The World of Apu (1959) - Satyajit Ray
4. The Human Condition III: A Soldier's Prayer (1961) - Masaki Kobayashi
5. The Godfather Part II (1974) - Francis Ford Coppola
6. Early Summer (1951) - Yasujiro Ozu
7. 2046 (2004) - Wong Kar Wai
8. Tokyo Story (1953) - Yasujiro Ozu
9. Aliens (1986) - James Cameron
10. The Empire Strikes (1980) - Irvin Kershner

The two from the Noriko trilogy probably aren't really sequels so perhaps Three Colors: Red & Before Sunset should be in there.

For A Few Dollars More (if that counts)

In The Mood For Love is the sequel of what movie? Chungking Express?
Days of Being Wild and then 2046 is the third in the loose trilogy.

Tony Leung plays the same character in all three movies whilst Maggie Cheung is the same character in the first two and the character is referenced in the third. From memory Carina Lau is in all three as the same character also - or maybe just the first and third.

Since you mentioned Chungking Express, that actually had a sequel of sorts itself - Fallen Angels.

The Dark Knight must be the best in my opinion, and the best Batman film I've seen.

Seeing as that's been mentioned already, I'll go for this one which I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned. I'm still new, so I can't post a picture like the rest of ya.

Back To The Future: Part 2.

Off the top of my head, T2

I'm not old, you're just 12.
The only really acceptable answer is Godfather Part II...It's of a piece with and even improves upon the original classic. All other sequels pale in comparison.

I don't consider Empire Strikes Back a sequel, it was a second part in a planned trilogy...

Other great sequels:

Aliens
Batman Returns
Terminator 2
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Evil Dead 2
Rocky 4...okay, not Rocky 4. That movie will break you...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I think it's awesome - certainly one of the most underrated sequels and films, better than the first, containing Hackman's best performance and one of the greatest endings of all time.