Help fund my latest student film, MoFos!

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Hey MoFo's. Long time member, now less-frequent poster. But I'm sure a lot of you on here remember who I am.

True to my user name, I am indeed a movie maker. To see some of my work, just check out my signature. It contains links to my IMDb profile, YouTube and Vimeo accounts. Please bare in mind that my YouTube account dates back to when I was in high school. So there's a lot of silly and immature stuff on there that isn't on par with my more serious work as of late, but I keep them on there simply for nostalgia between me and my old friends.

Anywho, today is a big day for my current film because we're starting to fund it. We're going to be using two online backing website to help us achieve our budgetary goals: Kickstarter and Indiegogo. While I'm still waiting for my Kickstarter account to get verified, the Indiegogo one is already up and running:

www.indiegogo.com/thedeprogrammer

Go there and you'll get all the details about my film, a lot which are talked about in this short video that you'll also find on the page:

So yeah, there you have it. I don't like asking for money, but this is my biggest project yet. I've been working on it for two years, and to finally see it get made is very exciting for me. If you have it in your heart (or wallet) to donate, please do. I would be very thankful.

NOTE: If I posted this message in the wrong forum, please move it to the right one, mods. I wasn't sure if this was more appropriate here or over at Intermission, but since it's directly related to cinema, I figured I'd post on this forum.

Just a note to the other mods/users: we're officially okay with this. Longtime MoFos get exemptions for straightforward stuff about personal projects, as opposed to members who just want to spam something and never come back.

Had a look at your trailer and it sounds good, nice to see you got to speak to Ted Patrick as it seems that he is a pretty important figure that you would have learnt a lot from. I may donate a few pounds and keep and eye on this, good luck

Just a note to the other mods/users: we're officially okay with this. Longtime MoFos get exemptions for straightforward stuff about personal projects, as opposed to members who just want to spam something and never come back.
Thanks Chris.

Wow! What a truly great premise. Unfortunately I am unable to contribute financially, but I wish you the best of luck because this is one film I'd pay to see.

On a side note, have you seen Holy Smoke which deals with similar subject matter?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144715/

I'm guessing you have. Make it happen.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm guessing he's seen it. There are also Ticket to Heaven and Split Image from the early '80s. I'm going broke sending my daughter Sarah to USC Film School, but I'll see what I can do because I know every little bit helps. If we're going to the Poor House, a few dollars won't matter. Best of luck, MM!

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
If I weren't unemployed I would help another filmmaker out.

Suspect's Reviews

Damn, I wish I didn't spend all the money I had on criterions lately. I would've totally done the 25 dollar deal.

I hope you get something going here, the plot sounds great.
Good luck man

Wow! What a truly great premise. Unfortunately I am unable to contribute financially, but I wish you the best of luck because this is one film I'd pay to see.

On a side note, have you seen Holy Smoke which deals with similar subject matter?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0144715/

I'm guessing you have. Make it happen.
Thanks for the positive words. Yes, I'm aware of this film and have looked into it. However, it's more on the comedic side of things, whereas my film is more serious in nature.

I'm guessing he's seen it. There are also Ticket to Heaven and Split Image from the early '80s. I'm going broke sending my daughter Sarah to USC Film School, but I'll see what I can do because I know every little bit helps. If we're going to the Poor House, a few dollars won't matter. Best of luck, MM!
Thank you. I have both of these films, and they both do deprogramming justice in my opinion.

If I weren't unemployed I would help another filmmaker out.
At least you're honest.

Damn, I wish I didn't spend all the money I had on criterions lately. I would've totally done the 25 dollar deal.

I hope you get something going here, the plot sounds great.
Good luck man
Understandable. Thank you.