Die Hard 5

Tools    

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Willis is still my favorite aging action hero. Love his heart in the fight scenes. He could convincingly dismantle his walker and beat the bad guy up with it and I'd believe it. Seriously, looking forward to this guilty pleasure-- hope the CGI isn't totally out of control...

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I don't know what my reaction is about a fifth Die Hard considering I haven't watched any of the initial movies, however, after watching Looper, I really want to reevaluate Bruce Willis' acting career.

You ready? You look ready.
I'm oddly excited.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

With a couple of days to go... I have just found some news that goes against what I posted a page or two ago.

Die Hard 5 is not going to be an 18 rated movie after all.

In Britain, it is carrying a 12 certificate... which basically means it's suitable for children...

Not happy.

Yep it's officially a 12A here, details on our cut Britain is getting.

This work was originally seen for advice in an unfinished form. The company was advised that the film was likely to receive a '15' certificate but that their preferred '12A' classification could be achieved by making a number of cuts to both language and visuals. When the finished version of the film was submitted for formal classification, edits had been made to reduce the number of uses of strong language (both 'f**k' and 'motherf***er') and to reduce sequences of bloody violence, including blood sprays when characters are shot in the head, and punches to restrained individuals. The formal submission was consequently rated '12A'.

Yep... they've toned it down and edited it to get backsides on seats and open it up to a wide audience rather than making it a decent Die Hard film for adults... which is what Die Hard was initially... an adult action film...

Unbelievable.

Lol, anybody see that interview with Bruce Willis on The One Show where he took the piss out of the film's title.

Cancelled my plans to see it when saw that. Glad Evil Dead is coming and not afraid to get an 18, some unadulterated fun

Lol, anybody see that interview with Bruce Willis on The One Show where he took the piss out of the film's title.
I saw that. The whole interview was just bizarre though, not sure if it's just Bruce Willis (he seemed odd in another interview I saw with him the next day), but too me it seemed like he was high or something, very strange

Nope, can't stand that awful Alex Jones, especially after her film comment on Room 101.

I saw her on Room 101...

"I can't stand men who watch movies more than once"

"Have you ever watched a film more than once?"

"Yes but that's different, I watch movies I like"

Die Hard 5 is not going to be an 18 rated movie after all.

In Britain, it is carrying a 12 certificate... which basically means it's suitable for children...

Not happy.
Why? It's suitable for you. You should be happy.

Yep... they've toned it down and edited it to get backsides on seats and open it up to a wide audience rather than making it a decent Die Hard film for adults... which is what Die Hard was initially... an adult action film...

Unbelievable.

Not unbelivable at all. Just Hollywood, the MPAA and BBFC working their magic yet again with the Die Hard series.

Both Die Hard 2 and 3 were cut by prior to theatrical release in order to achieve softer ratings.

Click here and scroll down to the bottom for a detailed list of what was cut and by whom.

This doesn't just happen with violent action and horror movies either; especially here in the UK with the supposedly modernised and more liberal, but still snip happy BBFC.

It's a big reason I've been importing a lot of my dvds from the US for years now. The word unrated is music to my ears.

Like Pyro my Die Hard 5 cinema visit has also been cancelled. The tweenagers are welcome to it.

I'll watch this movie..