Die Hard 5

Tools    

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/23/br...is-die-hard-5/

I'd love to see more John McClane. Quite frankly, I just can't get enough, but I don't see this ending well. When I read that Wiseman would be returning to direct, I immediately shouted "Oh no!" (which resulted in puzzled stares from those around me) At least bring back Renny Harlin from 2.

I'm thinking that the worldwide angle will probably only work if they do it in like an embassy building or something. Live Free was a hot mess, and I think it's because things were spread too thin. Let's remember that an important part of the orginal is that everyone was trapped in a skyscaper.

Your thoughts?

You ready? You look ready.
Oh God, if Live Free or Die Hard has taught us anything it's that great franchises should stay dead.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

I don't care what they do with it. I'd watch it. Probably dig it too.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Good point. I agree that the last one was spread too thin. All that crazy CGI stuff is just over the top for me. What I enjoyed in the first Die Hard was the relationship between the serious affected Hans and the wry smart-aleck McClane. A smaller movie that would let Willis' mouth roam free would be cool. I hate how action stars these days have 1 or 2 emotions at best and are just tools to showcase the explosions.

I've seen enough of John McClane. Die hard with a vengeance was a good action flick, i would've liked the series to end on that positive note. But then they decided to milk it. Frankly, I've had my portion of McClane...

Die Hard 5 gains a writer

In February Bruce Willis said that a Die Hard 5 was on the cards and it may film next year. Things have been silent since then, but it appears 20th Century Fox are indeed moving ahead with a sequel as they’ve hired Hitman and X-Men Origins: Wolverine writer Skip Woods to pen the screenplay.

During the rounds for Cop Out Willis said that the next outing has “got to go worldwide”. The original had Willis trapped in a skyscraper. Die Hard 2 took place in an airport. Die Hard with a Vengeance had Willis team up with Samuel L. Jackson and follow a string of deadly clues around New York City. Finally, in Live Free or Die Hard McClane had to defend the United States from some highly skilled hackers. It makes sense that the next one would go global.

Willis also mentioned that he’d like Live Free director Len Wiseman to return, so we’ll have to see if that happens.

Source: Filmonic

You ready? You look ready.
as they’ve hired[/url] Hitman and X-Men Origins: Wolverine writer Skip Woods to pen the screenplay.
Seriously? Are they just trying to give me more reasons to hate this idea or do they honestly think that guy can write well? Yeesh.

New Title For ‘Die Hard 5′

According to Aint It Cool, the new title for Die Hard 5 will be Die Hard 24/7. However, there were an infinite number of titles being tossed around for Die Hard 4 before they settled on Live Free or Die Hard (or Die Hard 4.0 if you live outside of the U.S.), so this may not be the final word on the matter.

Bruce Willis has never been shy about his desire to return to the role. Last February, the project went past the point of speculation when Willis announced that they might start shooting as early as next year. He also indicated his desire to see the franchise go “worldwide” with the fifth installment. A few months later, we learned that Skip Woods (Wolverine, Hitman) was in negotiations to write the sceenplay. There are still no details regarding the plot of the film or which characters from previous films might return (if any).

Source: Screenrant

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I read an article including ramblings of this including Jack Bauer from "24". When I saw it was like, "in my dreams!" It's certainly not the most stable of ideas and really only something fanatics like me would actually take seriously.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I feel like I'm the only one who liked the last one.

Suspect's Reviews