Who'd win: Darth Vader vs. Sauron

Tools    

The End Has Come
I love both movies but I'm an even bigger Star Wars fan.

Neutral Milk Hotel
I like Star Wars.............. Just not as Much as LORD OF THE RINGS!!!!!!!! But i think they are two GREAT series of movies, but in my honest opinion no biased, if Sauron and vader were to fight Sauron without the ring, vader would win its inevitable but if the Ring was included Vader would be down.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Strange opponents… the Dark Lord of Mordor who was seduced by the very first manifestation of evil… or… the Dark Lord of Sith who was seduced by the dark side of the force… evil against evil... but which would win... hmmm...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

And this is my BOOMstick!
I think it's pretty obvious that the real battle would have to be between Darth Vader and Jesus.

Neutral Milk Hotel
HAHAHAHAHAHA ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I think that I would go for Jesus on that one.

Nitzer, just try to stay on the same subject. thanks. Vader all the way still.

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Vader by armbar
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

A system of cells interlinked
Craig

film making extraordinaire
who cares, my god

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by lor83b
Come on, there is no way that the orcs would defeat the Darth Vader's stormtroopers. The orcs have medieval weapons and the stormtroopers have futuristic weapons. It's not even a contest its simple humiliation because the troopers would easily overpower and kill the orcs.
I don't know...

...futuristic weapons only benefit you if you can hit something with them. Have you seen Stormtroopers in battle? Not to mention, Stormtrooper armor (if you haven't noticed) doesn't really seem to stop anything.

Originally Posted by lor83b
it's still futuristic technology vs. archaic warfare
Ewoks.

As for the question at hand, I'll only say this: Sauron was beaten by the lucky swing of a guy laying on the ground holding a broken sword.

Neutral Milk Hotel
Originally Posted by Sedai
Craig
Your really rootin' for this guy arent ya? But anyways Sauron was only beaten by luck, so I still say Sauron. But wouldnt a battle between everything in both worlds be KICK ASS?

Originally Posted by Sleezy
I don't know...

...futuristic weapons only benefit you if you can hit something with them. Have you seen Stormtroopers in battle? Not to mention, Stormtrooper armor (if you haven't noticed) doesn't really seem to stop anything.

Ewoks.

As for the question at hand, I'll only say this: Sauron was beaten by the lucky swing of a guy laying on the ground holding a broken sword.
like i said befor the storm troopers could easily defeat the orcs. there armor would make it harder for them to die and the reason the ewoks beat them is because they are small they blend in with the forest and they new their surrondings. the orcs fight in an organized army in a straight line and just charge at their enemy. few blasters could easily take them out

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by The Taxi Driver
like i said befor the storm troopers could easily defeat the orcs. there armor would make it harder for them to die and the reason the ewoks beat them is because they are small they blend in with the forest and they new their surrondings. the orcs fight in an organized army in a straight line and just charge at their enemy. few blasters could easily take them out
My point concerning the armor was that, if you watch the films, it doesn't seem to protect against anything. They get shot, they go down. They get bludgeoned, they go down. Not very effective, if you ask me.

Now, assuming there are more existing Stormtroopers than what we see in the films, I'm not sure the lot of them could still match Orc numbers. It evens out, as you say, given that Stormtroopers have blaster rifles. But again, the Stormtroopers in the films rarely actually hit anything with them. That said, those bumbling Stormtroopers (who really don't use much of anything in the way of tactics, I might add) would still struggle - and possibly lose - to a much larger and much more effective Orc army.

This deviates from the original question at hand, I think - and even that question was ridiculous in the first place. This is all just conjecture, but it's fun to argue (or else I wouldn't even bother).

There are those who call me...Tim.
Surely Vader could send for some tie bombers, or maybe just pummel the planet from space with star destroyers.

Anyway, even if storm troopers can't fire straight they can still aim at a mass of orcs. Chances are if you've got thousands of stormtroopers firing at once you'd still anhialate the orcs in large numbers.

We really are going too deep into this...

If Frodo can kill an orc with his little hobbit arms, then my bet is Vader can slice through all of Mordor with his Light Sabre ^.^
My Movie Poster Blog

One on One, Sauron would win... army to army, Vader

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by Hartigan
One on One, Sauron would win...
Disagreed, for the very same reason I posted a few days ago.

"Don't underestimate the power of the Dark Side!"

Ugh, I can't believe I just used that quote...

You’ve been hax0red
jeez i sound like a nerd saying this, If anyone has read the Silmarillion they would know that Sauron is pretty much a god. he can take any form because of his spirit. All vader can do is choke people.