Need help remembering the title to an indie coming-of-age film.

Tools    

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Hi MoFo's.

Does anyone remember an indie coming-of-age film that came out around summer of 2008 or 2009, about a kid in high school (he could have been a senior and this was his last summer before college) who has a fandom for either Spielberg or Lucas, and he wants to either re-make or make his own version of Jaws or Star Wars? I also think (but easily could be wrong) I remember hearing that the plot for it was influenced by the kids who did the shot-for-shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark (since I remember this being in 2008, this was the year that Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull also came out).

It takes place either in the late 70s or the early 80s, and could have possibly played at Sundance, or at least was popular in the indie circuit.

For a fact, I know it's not Son of Rambo or Super 8, that much is for sure.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
I found this on a site about the kids who did that shot for shot remake, is says that the movie about the boys was produced by Scott Rudin but I cannot find anything on IMDB, this may not even be the movie you are looking for. The article on the site was written in 07.

The small-town filmmakers, now all grown up, should feel emboldened. With cameras about to roll on Spielberg's Indiana Jones 4, interest in all things Raiders will soon explode.
A Paramount film about the boys, produced by Scott Rudin (The Truman Show, The Queen, The Hours), with a screenplay by Oscar-nominated scribe Daniel Clowes (Ghost World, Art School Confidential), is well on its way to production. And with DIY-filmmaking mania at its YouTube-inspired heights, the backyard epic that was shot by three kids in the county seat of Gulfport is well positioned to become a pop phenomenon.
^ http://www.wired.com/entertainment/h...05/diy_raiders

'77
(2007)

IMDb Page | Official Website

Note: On the festival circuit, the film was known as ''5-25-77''