Hockey Talk: NHL Thread and stuff

Tools    

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Congratulations Ranger's fans on getting the first pick in The Draft. A pick that will certainly be Alexis Lafreniere.

Biggest loser, The Toronto Maple Leafs. Haven't won The Cup since 1967 and didn't get the first pick so The Carolina Hurricanes get their first round slot. Also the salary cap didn't go up and more than 40% of that money goes to three players.

So what do they do? Try to trade John Tavares or Mitch Marner? Then what? They couldn't make it through the qualifying round with the team they have now against a beat up Columbus Blue Jackets.

The trick is not minding
Tampa Bay vs St Louis for the Cup.

I know Philly is the hot team right now, but...it’s Philly.
Before I would have said Boston, but man, they haven’t looked that good during the round robin.

Tampa Bay vs St Louis for the Cup.

I know Philly is the hot team right now, but...it’s Philly.
Before I would have said Boston, but man, they haven’t looked that good during the round robin.
I got Philly playing Vegas, but I'm never right. I thought New Jersey would kick ass this year and look at them.

The trick is not minding
I got Philly playing Vegas, but I'm never right. I thought New Jersey would kick ass this year and look at them.
I typically stay away from the #1 seeds on the playoffs. Who knows, though?

Congratulations to The Tampa Bay Lightning and their fans on winning The Stanley Cup...

...Really bizarre and sad ending. I'm sure everybody will be happy to go home.

Congratulations to The Tampa Bay Lightning and their fans on winning The Stanley Cup...

...Really bizarre and sad ending. I'm sure everybody will be happy to go home.
I was rooting for Dallas due to a bunch of Finns in the team, but can't disagree about the better team winning. At least Tampa plays an entertaining game.

I was rooting for Dallas due to a bunch of Finns in the team, but can't disagree about the better team winning. At least Tampa plays an entertaining game.
You're Finnish? My favorite Fin is Jari Kurri.

There was a Finnish exchange student that lived across the street from me. His favorite player was Kurri. He use to come over and watch hockey on the Canadian channel CBC, when The Kings made their run in the 1993 season.

Haha Penguins have looked good lately. Curious to see if Calgary can stay hot against Colorado tonight

Didn't mean to type Calgary (not sure where I was looking)....meant to type Minnesota, especially after getting Fleury. Should be interesting to see if they can make noise in the playoffs

This hockey season is already impressive with Connor McDavid and Leon Draisaitl reaching 100 points. Along with the fact that the Rangers (my local team) are already stupendous playoff contenders.

The Rangers do look very strong at times, but they seem too inconsistent. I'm hoping Vegas can make a run for the last wild card spot

The Rangers do look very strong at times, but they seem too inconsistent. I'm hoping Vegas can make a run for the last wild card spot

Yeah, they're not the best playoff contenders, but I feel like they'll do better in the next decade or so.

Rangers lose game 1....Go Blues! haha I'm curious to see if Florida can shake off that Game 1 loss

I have to admit I'm more excited about this NHL season than I am about the NBA. Still learning a lot about hockey, but it does so much right when other sports seem to do so many things wrong

Blues took their first L last night, but I might be able to get tickets this Saturday to their game First NHL game ever for me

Went to the game and had an amazing experience, though the Blues kinda suck lately haha