Something that I find strange when new movies premiere

Tools    

on Movie stations such as HBO, Cinemax, Starz and Showtime. How is that we get a movie like Happy Death Day (Which came out in theaters - Oct 2017) to have a movie premiere before a movie named Kidnap (which came out to theaters - Aug 2017)

you got like some other 2017 movies that u have to buy or rent on demand but haven't premiered yet on a movie station? can someone explain why this happens?

Contracts, money, copyrights, royalties, etc... There are many reasons, and if a movie is doing really well with dvd sales they do not want to diminish that by having it available on a premium channel or subscription service.

I am sure there are many more factors involved.

Contracts, money, copyrights, royalties, etc... There are many reasons, and if a movie is doing really well with dvd sales they do not want to diminish that by having it available on a premium channel or subscription service.

I am sure there are many more factors involved.
Thanks for the explanation, it seems to make sense plus they need to make room for older movies to be on those premium channels as well, so I guess that's a good thing they do that