Make your confession to your fellow MoFos

Tools    

Though I haven't seen it in ages, I didn't hate Napoleon Dynamite. It was a good little quirky movie.

Tim Curry's performance is fantastic but I hated everything else about it.
I am stunned you even liked Tim Curry's performance.

I havent seen Napolean Dynamite either. is it that good Steel?
It's weird and it's addicting.

It's like a drink or drug that you're not too sure about the first time you take it... maybe it even makes you a little sick. But then you take it again, and again, and soon you find you want it all the time.

The first time I saw the film, I wasn't sure what to make of it - it was just SO quirky. I wasn't sure exactly what it was supposed to be (it was funny, but not in the usual way) or who it was supposed to appeal to. Now, every time I watch it I find deeper meaning (and just pick up various lines that I keep repeating) and it just seems to get funnier. Gosh!

I tried to rewatch it once not long ago on TV.... but as the main credits were playing, I decided I wasn't in the mood for it, so I shut it off. Now I will have to actually give it another try.

I was never interested in Napolean Dynamite because I didn't think I'd like it. A friend hadn't seen it and was interested, so I agreed that I'd watch it with her if she wanted to. 45 minutes in before she turned to me and said "This is rubbish. Are you interested in watching the rest?" As I didn't want to watch it in the first place, it quickly disappeared. Should there be anything good in that film, it must happen after the 45 minute mark, cos it certainly isn't anywhere in the first 45.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I was never interested in Napolean Dynamite because I didn't think I'd like it. A friend hadn't seen it and was interested, so I agreed that I'd watch it with her if she wanted to. 45 minutes in before she turned to me and said "This is rubbish. Are you interested in watching the rest?" As I didn't want to watch it in the first place, it quickly disappeared. Should there be anything good in that film, it must happen after the 45 minute mark, cos it certainly isn't anywhere in the first 45.
I had a friend who loved it... I don't remember liking it. Sounded like an over-sized kid whining half the time with his huffy-puffy speech.

I had a friend who loved it... I don't remember liking it. Sounded like an over-sized kid whining half the time with his huffy-puffy speech.
It's kind of like art.
Sometimes you look at a painting you don't really like... and you keep looking at it... and after a while you start to see things you didn't see at first... then you want to look at it whenever you pass it.

For anyone interested, there is a New Zealand film called Eagle vs. Shark (2007). It has quite the same QUIRKY vibe as Napoleon Dynamite except it's New-Zealander and is much more of a love story as it focuses on a couple.
If you like Napoleon Dynamite (or are just intrigued by its vague obscurity & weirdness) then you'd probably also like Eagle vs. Shark.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494222/

I think M Night Shyamalamabingbong is the most overrated director of modern times. In fact, probably ever.
Seems like he was a flash in the pan what with the success of the Sixth Sense. Kind of like a one-hit-wonder. Some of his other films were decent, but it seems like it's been downhill for him since his one big hit. So he may have been overrated in 1999, but it doesn't seem like he's "rated" at all in the last decade or so.

I have guessed the endings to Shyamalamabingbong's movies every time.

The Visit, I guess the ending 8 months before it was released lol!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I don't understand the negative reviews I've seen for the Dreamworks movie Home.
I confess that I almost didn't watch the movie Home because of the negative reviews, but when I finally watched it, I loved it.

I also didn't hate the movie Pixels. I went into it expecting an extremely stupid Adam Sandler movie, and that was exactly what I got, but the video game nostalgia stuff was kind of fun, especially Q*bert.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I can't stand Leonardo DiCaprio. He's like a poor man's replacement of River Phoenix
I'm not a fan of his in particular, but I think that when he try's he really can act, I think he deserved his oscar for The Revenant.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Nothing good happens. You made the right choice shutting it down. It would definitely make my top ten most hated films. It and that Mike Myers crapfrest Austin Powers. Those movies will be playing in hell. 👺

For anyone interested, there is a New Zealand film called Eagle vs. Shark (2007). It has quite the same QUIRKY vibe as Napoleon Dynamite except it's New-Zealander and is much more of a love story as it focuses on a couple.
If you like Napoleon Dynamite (or are just intrigued by its vague obscurity & weirdness) then you'd probably also like Eagle vs. Shark.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0494222/
I love Eagle vs. Shark , I've seen it a couple of times.