Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

No. I actually liked it, just not as much as Fight the Future. I just, as a guideline don't watch movies I don't think I'll like. Also, I think I Want to Believe might improve on a second watch.
What's the lowest rating your ever gave out?

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
What's the lowest rating your ever gave out?
A
for Armageddon. I don't give a rating that low very often.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Julien Donkey-Boy - 5/10

I feel like telling the director that the cinematography doesn't make this movie original. Disturbing film, I don't think many would like it, but if you have, I'd love to hear your opinion.

Werner Herzog is very funny in this, with superfluous silly talk. Examples..
-You didn't do it right, you must smoke the cigarette.
-Your poem is artsy-fartsy (it wasn't, it was gibberish)
-Plastic
-The ref doesn't get too frantic
-Disqualified for bad behavior
-I find it very, very $hitty

Julien Donkey-Boy - 5/10

I feel like telling the director that the cinematography doesn't make this movie original. Disturbing film, I don't think many would like it, but if you have, I'd love to hear your opinion.
I'm the one who told you to watch it, so I'll jump in to say I thought it was brilliant. The cinematography does make it original to me. It's a great visual cue to represent schizophrenia. It's a touching look into the isolation created by growing up knowing that you'll never be the same as anyone else. Warner Herzog is amazing in it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I'm the one who told you to watch it, so I'll jump in to say I thought it was brilliant. The cinematography does make it original to me. It's a great visual cue to represent schizophrenia. It's a touching look into the isolation created by growing up knowing that you'll never be the same as anyone else. Warner Herzog is amazing in it.
I agree about the mental illness and the link to the photography, but I still think that's not enough. I thank you for recommending me the movie.

I see we both love "American Beauty" - that movie has quite a bit of meaning with the timing and who I had met, another Kubrick fan who loved this, Magnolia, etc.. I've "grown" so much more in the last 15 years, I wish I could run into her and talk movies for a day or 30.

Greatest reviewer alive
Hardcore Henry

Hardcore Henry very much reminds me of the films Crank and Crank II: High Voltage in that this film is balls to wall batsh*t f*cking insanity. Seriously, this will be unlike any actioner you ever watch, until of course Hardcore Henry 2 comes out. God I hope Hardcore Henry II comes out.

The squeamish need not apply. From the opening credits, (very similar to Deadpool's opening credits, only more violently cringe-worthy) there's a complete understanding of the film that's about to take place. If you can't get past even just the opening credits, get your refund and get the hell out of their. I've never seen a film more hell-bent on mutilating the human body in different ways than this film. Heads explode, bullets riddle bodies until they become corpses, maimings, squashings, you name it. It's in here.

Now the main gripe I read about is the plot, or lack thereof. When you've got a film this badass with a take-no-prisoner have-no-mercy attitude, who honestly gives a sh*t for the story. All that needs to be known is that a super-villain like character is creating an army of super humans in a plan to (I think?) take over the world or whatnot, and that Henry's wife is kidnapped and he must save her. Of course the story changes and theirs more to what you think is happening. That's fine with me, just give me more blood, and bullets, and explosions. And it does. Ten-fold. Possibly twenty-fold.

Aside from mostly disposable characters that most likely end up with a bullet to their head, (or worse, it's usually worse) the reoccurring character is Jimmy, played by Sharlto Copley who guides Henry though this film, changing all aspects of his personality and bringing an added humor this film would've lacked without him. He's absolutely wonderful in each of his different personas. Especially the coked-up junkie he plays in the brothel, not to mention the scene that takes place in their as well.

All In All, Hardcore Henry's demographic are boys and girls in need of an adrenaline shot to their soul, a super fast, super frantic shoot-em-up that knows the kind of violence people crave in their action film fantasies. If you think Hard-Boiled (or any John Woo film for that matter) or Die Hard, or literally any action film you think can't be topped, well from here on out the bar has been set to Manhattan skyscraper level, and that film is called Hardcore Henry.

Rancho Notorious (1952)

+

From the top 100 Westerns list, I thought this was just different enough to be good. I think it's an interesting combination with Fritz Lang directing, and Marlene Dietrich, Mel Ferrer, and Arthur Kennedy starring. Without looking it up, I'd say the Dietrich character has to be the inspiration for the Madeline Kahn character from Blazing Saddles.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Trainwreck (2015)

Party girl with intimacy issues falls in love.

Ok, where do I start? Being a fan of Amy Schumer's standup, I so wanted this to kick ass. What I got was a weak typical romantic comedy. It's too easy to bait the viewer with a "will they stay together or won't they" plot. Yes, we all know where this is going, and Apatow, shame on you for indulging in such a cheesy manner.

The setup was WEAK. The main "bad girl" character should start out with some nasty, outrageous, hysterical and over-the-top comedy gags to illustrate her character. Get us shocked, pissing in our pants to start out with. That way, the road back is longer, richer, more real and satisfying. An attempt was made at this, but fell way short. And had to be saved with a cutesy-pie ending and way too many sports cameos. BTW, Apatow should clearly know by now that athletes cannot act.

It was pleasant enough, and had some light laughs, but I wish they really went for it.

3.5 used condoms out of 5

Trainwreck (2015)

Party girl with intimacy issues falls in love.

Ok, where do I start? Being a fan of Amy Schumer's standup, I so wanted this to kick ass. What I got was a weak typical romantic comedy. It's too easy to bait the viewer with a "will they stay together or won't they" plot. Yes, we all know where this is going, and Apatow, shame on you for indulging in such a cheesy manner.

The setup was WEAK. The main "bad girl" character should start out with some nasty, outrageous, hysterical and over-the-top comedy gags to illustrate her character. Get us shocked, pissing in our pants to start out with. That way, the road back is longer, richer, more real and satisfying. An attempt was made at this, but fell way short. And had to be saved with a cutesy-pie ending and way too many sports cameos. BTW, Apatow should clearly know by now that athletes cannot act.

It was pleasant enough, and had some light laughs, but I wish they really went for it.

3.5 used condoms out of 5
I think you were WAY too kind on this movie.

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
You're probably right, this had so much potential though...I might have to pull 1 used condom from the review (but it was pounded in there)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Rancho Notorious (1952)
Without looking it up, I'd say the Dietrich character has to be the inspiration for the Madeline Kahn character from Blazing Saddles.
Dietrich is the inspiration, but it's from her earlier performance in Destry Rides Again.

Southpaw -

Another movie that amazed me maybe going even on the favorites list but i wont let the excietment catch over the real feel for that place. A movie that talks about a boxer and shows his fall and rise back in many ways. It has many emotion and amazing scenes. Gyllenhaal did really good allways keeps to amaze me in many diffrent roles. I might even have a watch of other movies simular like this. If you like these kind of movies i reccomend the Warrior (2011). This movie is a must watch

You're probably right, this had so much potential though...I might have to pull 1 used condom from the review (but it was pounded in there)
I agree the movie had mad potential...Shumer is talented but the screenplay sucked..

Damn. The myths are true!

but cool, even if it's a weird choice of movie for such a tragic rating.
That's not a weird choice at all. It's a terrible film.