Most Anticipated Films of 2016

Tools    

1st day of the New Year. Fresh slate of films will be barreling towards us soon. I always like doing this thread to see what everyone is looking forward to. Oscar season is always generally my favorite season of movies so it's hard to tell now what movies will be in play then. Surprises pop up. So these are generally heavily titled towards the blockbusters because we know those movies. Anyways here is my top 10, feel free to do a top 10 or just a few.

10.) Assassin's Creed (Dec 21st)- I'll be the first to admit that I have never played a second of this game. However I know a bit about the concept of it and it seems really neat if I were still into video games. Fassenbender heading this project really gives it a lot of hope. We all know video game adaptations track record though. We will see.

9.) Jane Got A Gun (Jan 29th)- I literally think this has been on my list the last 2 years. It is finally seeing the light of day. I enjoy me a well made western and Portman is always fun to watch, interesting take on the Western. The script was on the blacklist a few years back so the script is good. It's just been through production hell who knows how it turns out. I liked the trailer. And I enjoyed O'Conner's Warrior. Interested just to see how it turns out after all the drama.

8.) Silence (December sometime)- It's Martin Scorsese. That should be enough to put it on anyone's list. No Leo this time! Gasp! Not sure what else there is to say, Scorsese movie will always be on my list.

7.) Star Wars: Rouge One (Dec 16th) - Ok I admit it I sort of got the Star Wars fever. I wasn't a massive Star Wars guy until I went back and watched the original trilogy in preparation for Force Awakens. Still not a massive fan, but I am more of a fan now. TFA had problems but it was a good reboot. And Rian Johnson writing and directing the next one fills me with hope. So being sucked into this world I'd like to see what they do with the side films. All the Star Wars previous have dealt with the Skywalker story interesting to see where they go with this.

6.) Hail, Caesar! (Feb 5th)- Cohen Brothers are also always going be on my list. When they hit the right marks they knock it out of the park. This would be higher but they pulled it from award season until February which gives me some pause. It looks like classic Cohen and the cast is stellar. Should be fun hopefully.

5.) Suicide Squad (Aug 5th)- Yes. WB are very wise to put emphasize on the villains of the DC universe. With Marvel's only notable villain being Loki, DC has so many already well known villains, especially thanks to Batman's gallery. If they can introduce a lot of these villains in this movie and use them going forward they may have an upper hand on Marvel. The first trailer was awesome and of course everyone wants to see Leto's Joker. He has big shoes to fill between Jack and Heath. Hopefully he keeps the movie Joker batting 1000.

4.) Doctor Strange (Nov 4th)- Benedict Cumberbatch looks perfect for Doctor Strange. And the rest of the cast is just as stellar. They seem to be pushing this movie into a "strange" new direction compared to most of their movies. It will be interesting to see how they attack it.

3.) Captain American: Civil War (May 6th)- This looks like the Avengers movie we wanted from Ultron. The first trailer was phenomenal. I am also really looking forward to seeing Black Panther for the first time and the new Spiderman and whatever other surprises they have. Seems like a very important movie for the rest of the movies to come after.

2.) Passengers (Dec 25th) I have no other reason to get excited for this except for Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt. JLaw is my favorite actress and Pratt is just a ton of fun. The press tour for this movie might be more epic than the actually movie which gives it bonus points. It's the two hottest leads in Hollywood and a capable director. I believe the script was on the blacklist as well. If nothing else watching these two in an original big budget movie should be fun.

1.) Bourne 5 (July 29th) - Surprise! Well not a surprise if I ever get around to doing my top 100 list on here. I absolutely adore the first 3 Bournes. It's the best action trilogy ever to me and among the best trilogies put on film to me as well. They are very dear to me and that's why the Bourne with Renner was really a kick in the balls. It completely sh*t all over the original trilogy. They really bobbled the handling of that because they have a real possibility of having another Bond franchise on their hands. Hopefully if they want to pass it along they figure out how to do it in this movie. This wouldn't be on my list if it wasn't for Paul Greengrass and Damon returning. That has completely restore my faith in the franchise, they must have another story to tell. Maybe they can forget the 4th and reintroduce Renner's character and do him right. Or another character all together.

Well there is mine as of now, always surpises pop up that I want to see and my list always looks bad at the end of the year ha. Batman V Superman has been on the downward slide after the last trailer, feel like I've already seen the whole movie and Zack Synder doesn't get me excited. Lot will be dictated on word of mouth if I wait till DVD or get excited and see it in theaters.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I can't wait for Suicide Squad just to finally see Harley Quinn appear in a live action production and the casting was perfect, I think Margot is going to nail it, and really set the bar high for any future Harleys!

RightUpTheLittleTramps@ss !
Another Jason Bourne film.

Arnie Cunningham- Right up the little tramps @ss!

My most anticipated films listed as "2016" on IMDb so far and the reasons why:

Silence (2016) - Martin Scorsese, seemingly very interesting content
The Lost City of Z (2016) - James Gray, fascinating content
Hail, Caesar! (2016) - Coen Brothers, amazing cast, trailer looks great
The Neon Demon (2016) - Refn, concept looks badass
La La Land (I) (2016) - Whiplash was pretty good, same director
Everybody Wants Some (2016) - Richard Linklater
Julieta (2016) - Pedro Almodovar

I'll probably find out about some other great 2016 projects throughout the year.

In order......

Rogue One
Rogue One
Rogue One

Then Dawn of Justice, Star Trek Beyond, Civil War, Bourne. They'll kill time 'til December.

i cant wait to see the 5th wave and the boy, they really look like thrilling movies with adrenaline pumping effects

Boldly going.
Definitely will see:

1. Batman vs. Superman
2. X-Men Apocalypse
3. Ghostbusters
4. Captain America: Civil War
5. Dr. Strange
6. Deadpool
7. Suicide Squad

I might see:

Star Trek Beyond
The Magnificent Seven (remake)
Finding Dory (with my niece and nephew)

I have very little interest in seeing Star Wars: Rogue One.

Just realized almost every movie I want to see is a comic book movie.

Maybe seeing some trailers will spark my interest in others.

Overall, I'm excited.

Mine goes: (They keep flipping around as new trailers come out)

10. Star Trek Beyond - the trailer is raising some concerns for me but with this cast I can't be any less excited for it.
9. Bourne 5
8. Warcraft
7. Captain America 3: Civil War
6. Nice Guys
5. Assassin's Creed - Being a big fan of the Video Game series probably gives me a little too much hope. I am gonna be seeing Macbeth to see how the Director(Kurzel)-Actor(Fassbender)-Actress(Cotillard) work together so I hope it is good.
4. Doctor Strange - Bendydick Cucumberpatch is one of my favs so I am excited to see any movie he stars in. He's one of those guys that always gives 100%. Plus adding Mads Mikkelsen and Chiwetel Ejiofor along with McAdams to the cast you already got my ticket.
3. Suicide Squad - Margot Robbie.....I mean do you need any other reason?
2. Deadpool - One of the greatest marketing campaigns I've ever seen
1. Independence Day: Resurgence - No amount of crappy Hemsworth brother will make me any less excited to see Goldblum and Pullman kick more alien ass.

Honorable Mentions:
Hail Caesar!
Batman vs Superman
The Jungle Book
Triple 9
X-Men Apocalypse
Race
London Has Fallen - Olympus Has Fallen is one of my guilty pleasures. So I can't wait to see how ridiculous they go in the sequel

10 Captain America 3 Civil War.

9 Deadpool

8 Batman VS Superman

7 Tarzan.

6 World Of Warcraft

5 Star Trek Beyond

4 Suicide Squad

3 Independence Day 2

2 X-Men Apocolypse

1Rogue One A Star Wars Story

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
Tarzan looks awesome ime lookong firward to thst myself.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

In order of release:

Jane Got a Gun - January 29
Deadpool - February 12th
10 Cloverfield Lane - March 11th
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - March 25th
Independence Day Resurgence - June 24th
Suicide Squad - August 5th
Patient Zero - September 2nd
Jack Reacher: Never Go Back - October 21st

I'm sure there will be others to catch my attention was we move through the year and more trailers are released and we learn more about the films being released, but these were the ones that caught my eye on a quick rundown of the slate of 2016 films.

Obviously, Most Anticiapted Movie of 2016 is God's Not Dead 2 coming out late February. And then a close second is 50 Shades of Black the african american stereotype spoof of the hit erotica 50 Shades of Grey.

Here are the movies I am most looking forward to.

No release date yet, but hopefully in 2016.

Silence - It is Scorsese, so of course I look forward to him. Hopefully this drops in December.
Yoga Hosers - Just premiered in Sundance, and hopefully will get a release date this year.

Confirmed release dates. Ranked in no particular order

Captain America: Civil War - MCU
Dr Strange - MCU
Deadpool - not the MCU, but my favorite comic character
Suicide Squad - Trailer sold me on seeing it. Plus it has Margot Robbie and David Ayer as the director
Hail Caesar - Looks like a weird funny Coen Bros movie
The Jungle Book - Has my attention
10 Cloverfield Lane - Trailer really caught my attention
Underworld 5 - I love the first two movies, and will see this one just because.
Moana - Disney movie

Maybe:

Rogue One - Depends on the trailer