2018 NFL PickEm League

Tools    

When I see them play it looks like the players are talented. It's just a guess, but I think their coach is no good. I've thought that for about 4 or 5 years.
Do you mean Tomlin or Keith Butler their Defensive coordinator?

Either way I somewhat agree. Tomlin and/or Butler have great overall stats and have done a lot for the team, but it seems like they are not adjusting very well to the modern game. Its not as much of a smashmouth game as it used to be and it has been a bit of an adjustment I believe. They are used to having a strong D just mow over the opponent. Their Red Zone defense used to be the best there was.

Pitt has almost half as many Defensive penalties already in 3 games this year as they did all of 2017 if the stats site I am looking at is correct. Anyway I noticed all the roughing the passer and personal fouls the D has been getting and although some of it is from frustration a lot of them are calls that just a few years ago would not have normally been made. There is an adjustment period for coaches and players but The Steelers seem to have never been able to get over the loss of Troy and even James Harrison is still recent enough for me to miss. As far as coaching, Dick LeBeau was very instrumental in the mentality of the current staff. If they could just make a few adjustments and realize what they are doing is not working.

I still think they have a chance at the playoffs this year but it may be a long shot and even then unless something comes around they wont make it deep into the playoff games.

I don't know of Butler, just Tomlin. He doesn't seem to have a lot of control over the team. I lost some respect for him when he made a stink that time about the headsets after a Pats game. A coach should know the nfl is in charge of that and shouldn't be making excuses anyway. They have had so much talent and continue to disappoint. The QB doesn't even know all the rules; remember that time Ben said something about not knowing the defense can draw them offsides? I blame the coach for that. I can only judge by what I've seen and I don't like it. They overlooked Jax last year by always yapping about NE.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I was very close to taking the Vikings this week as I do think they'll beat the Rams.
Yeah, might change my mind about that one before kickoff. Assuming that's allowed. That was the thinker.

This game may have me making my picks on Thursday. The Viking D has an amazing talent level, but their coaching is another thing. Remember the NFC title game? The Vikings players were mic'd up say they were being out schemed the whole game. Bring in one of the hottest young offensive minds, all that offensive talent, LAR home team on a Thursday Night game in Hollywood...

I don't see it happening, especially throwing in the short week. They haven't even sniffed an offense like this Rams beast this year.

Knock yourself out Yoda, change that pick .

Week 4:
Rams
Falcons
Packers
Jaguars
Chefs

Yes, I will be picking against the Bills every week until they lose again.

AFC threats are New England, Jacksonville, and Kansas City.

In the NFC, I legitimately wouldn't count out about 8 teams.
Lets be clear New England is only a real threat if Bill and Brady get on same agenda. Bradys Offense goes depending on Eldelman cause thats who makes that team go when Gronk gets triple teamed. Bill should have gotten Dez Bryant he is not a speed demon but he isnt a curse with a drug habit and Bill Belchick experiments dont always work. I like players to turn there careers around from Weed look at Micheal Irvin. Gordon is the big Question Mark.

Chiefs look good on Offense and Steelers but there defense cant stop a cold. Chiefs and Steelers true problem is Bengals, Ravens or Jags who can stop someone on offense.

All of AFC Look a mess. NFC as well doesnt give me confedence but not teams do until week 6. Week 6 you know what a team is not week 3.

Am I missing it or is there a standings post on who is leading and placements? If not no worries I can do math , just wanted to see how everyone looks.

7thson's Week 4 Crazy Picks

Broncos
Falcons
49ers
Jets
Steelers

Am I missing it or is there a standings post on who is leading and placements? If not no worries I can do math , just wanted to see how everyone looks.

7thson's Week 4 Crazy Picks

Broncos
Falcons
49ers
Jets
Steelers
You haven't missed a thing sir. I'm shooting for ambiguity .

I figured people would do it if they wanted to or I will do them at the quarter-poles of the season. Minimalism...yeah...that was the plan definitely for sure .

AFC threats are New England, Jacksonville, and Kansas City.

In the NFC, I legitimately wouldn't count out about 8 teams.
Lets be clear New England is only a real threat if Bill and Brady get on same agenda. Bradys Offense goes depending on Eldelman cause thats who makes that team go when Gronk gets triple teamed. Bill should have gotten Dez Bryant he is not a speed demon but he isnt a curse with a drug habit and Bill Belchick experiments dont always work. I like players to turn there careers around from Weed look at Micheal Irvin. Gordon is the big Question Mark.

Chiefs look good on Offense and Steelers but there defense cant stop a cold. Chiefs and Steelers true problem is Bengals, Ravens or Jags who can stop someone on offense.

All of AFC Look a mess. NFC as well doesnt give me confedence but not teams do until week 6. Week 6 you know what a team is not week 3.

With your blessing Ned, I'm gonna to employ a signature for the first time in my MoFo Lyfe.

Seeing as how there is nothing at stake in this league that's not coming out of my pocket anyways... Time to put the money where the mouth is. Thursday picks...first time ever...this year...so far...

Week Four

Lions
Seahawks
Browns
Rams
Eagles

I don't really know what to make of much, but Goff looked like a dude last night. Some of those passes .

I don't really know what to make of much, but Goff looked like a dude last night. Some of those passes .
I watched him once in his rookie year and he didn't look like he'd ever be a legitimate starter. He looked awesome last night obviously.

I assume I can change any pick before the game in question has started, so I'd like to change the Packers to the Raiders and Eagles to the Colts. So, total Week 4 list:

Jags
Pats
Chargers
Raiders
Colts

Jags
Pats
Rams
Chargers
Packers
I'll change the Rams to the Eagles.

Any chance we can get the the thread title changed???

2018 NFL PickEm (And Then PickEm Again If You're Yoda) League

has a nice ring to it

I haven't figured out why everyone makes their picks on Mon and Tues.

I assume I can change any pick before the game in question has started, so I'd like to change the Packers to the Raiders and Eagles to the Colts. So, total Week 4 list:

Jags
Pats
Chargers
Raiders
Colts

Jags
Pats
Rams
Chargers
Packers
I'll change the Rams to the Eagles.
No problem changing to the qb with the blown ACL and the former neckbeard who can't throw over 20 yards anymore.

I'm most excited for the Pats/Fins game.

The Pats have no talent at this point in the season and the Dolphins are at worst a bunch of young fast dudez.

If the Pats win, it's all Belicheck.