What horrible movies were you forced to watch and why?

Tools    

So, I was at a get together with a bunch of friends and we were planning on collectively choosing a movie. I brought a variety of my own that I had recently purchased but not yet seen. And there were a few other Hollywood blockbuster types that someone else had. The group ended up choosing The Avengers even though some of them had already seen it. It was pretty hard to get through to be honest. I sat through the whole thing out of politeness, but I took a bathroom break just in time to miss the climax. :pretentious smiley:

Last year I was forced to watch Red 2, Wolverine, and Pacific Rim. It was a difficult year thanks to those old roommates I used to have. And my aunts and uncles tricked me into seeing The Hobbit in theaters in 3D, oh that was excruciating.

How about you guys? What situations were you trapped in? What movies were imposed upon you that you couldn't stand?

Well, my parents are uneducated individuals, and they got me to sit through some pretty mediocre movies as a kid, mostly through cable TV and DVDs. I ended up watching a lot of sub-par '90s movies that weren't Pulp Fiction and Shawshank, mostly just decent action flicks like Speed and Con-Air, and a whole lot of monster B-movies. They weren't especially terrible when I was 6, but rewatching Speed the other day, I felt disgusted at my childhood.
“It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so ****ing what." - Stephen Fry, The Guardian, 5 June 2005

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I was practically dragged to see The Blair Witch Project. I was told that it was one of the scariest movies ever, but that was just a lie. It was really one of the stupidest movies ever.

Welcome to the human race...
In 2004, my best friend was celebrating his 15th birthday and he'd invited a group of us to go to the movies. The plan was to see Team America: World Police. Unfortunately, due to the fact that Team America was rated MA15+ (meaning no admittance for under-15s without a guardian) and most of us were still 14 at the time, we had to settle for the M-rated Ocean's 12 instead. Even leaving aside the circumstances under which we watched it, I'd still consider it one of the worst movies I'd ever seen.

I did a bet with a friend and was forced to sit through Justin Bieber's Never Say Never. Holy mother of God now that was torture! But after all I could actually have turned it off as it was at home I watched it...

In cinema I've sat through the first Hunger Games, all three Hobbit films, 10,000 BC and The Great Gatsby.

I pretty much hated them all with Hobbit 2 being the best out of the bunch. Hobbit 3 I almost left the cinema, and I rarely feel like that. I have never done it either, ever, but here I nearly did.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Ocean's 12 is really terrible.

Some of the worst things I have ever had to watch have been for tournaments or halls of fame here on movie forums, like The Terrys and The Acid House.

I also had to rent Cosmopolis once. You couldn't pay me to sit through that again.

So, I was at a get together with a bunch of friends and we were planning on collectively choosing a movie. I brought a variety of my own that I had recently purchased but not yet seen. And there were a few other Hollywood blockbuster types that someone else had. The group ended up choosing The Avengers even though some of them had already seen it. It was pretty hard to get through to be honest. I sat through the whole thing out of politeness, but I took a bathroom break just in time to miss the climax. retentious smiley:

Last year I was forced to watch Red 2, Wolverine, and Pacific Rim. It was a difficult year thanks to those old roommates I used to have. And my aunts and uncles tricked me into seeing The Hobbit in theaters in 3D, oh that was excruciating.

How about you guys? What situations were you trapped in? What movies were imposed upon you that you couldn't stand?
I liked Pacific Rim quite a bit. This could be due to our differences in taste... OR due to the fact that that the last two movies I saw in the theater were The Purge (a movie so stupid in premise I saw it just so I could blast it on the Internet) and World War Z. A movie so stupid it is one of my most hated movies of all time. So anything even remotely decent could have seemed like masterpiece compared to what I just saw.

Or a combination of the two.

YOU DECIDE MOFOS!

I had to watch Avatar at a party, but fortunately there was enough beer to drown most of it out.

I don't know how exactly, but I've managed to avoid watching Twilight. Although I almost watched it just to see if it was bad enough to be funny.

A few years ago, or so, I wanted to go see a movie with my brother. So I called him up and he said, "Okay but we have to see Knight and Day because I already made plans to go see it with mom." Oh man, I completely forgot it was the Tom Cruise movie and foolishly agreed. The worst part was that my step-father came too, and he has the worst taste in films imaginable. After the movie he said he loved it and he actually slapped me upside the back of the head for saying it wasn't a good movie. I was actually really offended by that too, but he did apologize. It was probably the absolute worst movie watching experience in my life.

I can only think of two, off hand, that I've felt I had to watch. The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen and one of the Harry Potter films (the one with the quiditch tournament) I saw with the same person because I'd gone round their house and I knew they were excited to see the film. I could've gone home, of course, but it was a long way.

I've seen a good few films I wouldn't have otherwise seen because of her, but I've also seen some decent films because of her (the best being Sin City, I think) so, sometimes, it's paid off.

Master of My Domain
My friends have a horrible movie taste (sometimes I don't know why I'm even friends with them lol) and try to drag me into watching horrible movies, mostly South Korean that make me sigh until my lungs hurt.

When I tried to convince them to see the digital remastered version of Oldboy that came out for a 10th year anniversary of course all of them refused.

For years I was made watch It's A Wonderful Life every Christmas morn by my wife - finally caved and bought her the dvd (b/w version natch) so she can scratch that particularly irritating itch at her convenience on her own. Simply cannot stand Jimmy Stewart in that film (and a few others too truth be told).

Good stories you guys.

Hmm... Well, when I was younger, because I'm the oldest, I had to let my younger brothers pick the movie for dinner sometimes. After a while I got really sick of Aladin.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
My ex-lover wanted me to see "Across The Universe" with her since we are both huge Beatles fans. It was awful for a guy to just burst with singing, so we stopped paying attention

Oh, and after my friend and I graduated high school, back when I used to drink, we'd sneak in beer and saw two of the most dumbest movies on earth that don't even require quotation marks. Dude Where's My Car and Little Nicky (Adam Sandler shouldn't be considered a director)

The first two Twilight movies and also The Passion of the Christ.

I got dragged to the Twilight movies because my friend wanted to see them and her husband refused to go with her.

That same friend had previously gotten it into her head that she was going to convert me to Christianity and insisted that I watch The Passion of the Christ. The film has zero character development and expects its viewers to already know the story, which is just damn lazy film making. It also fails as a tool for converting non-believers for the very reason that it expects its audience to already be familiar with the story. Needless to say, I'm still an atheist. I got her back, though. I agreed to watch the film only on the condition that she watch a film of my choosing. I chose the unrated version of Caligula.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
The first two Twilight movies and also The Passion of the Christ.

I got dragged to the Twilight movies because my friend wanted to see them and her husband refused to go with her.

That same friend had previously gotten it into her head that she was going to convert me to Christianity and insisted that I watch The Passion of the Christ. The film has zero character development and expects its viewers to already know the story, which is just damn lazy film making. It also fails as a tool for converting non-believers for the very reason that it expects its audience to already be familiar with the story. Needles to say, I'm still an atheist. I got her back, though. I agreed to watch the film only on the condition that she watch a film of my choosing. I chose the unrated version of Caligula.

I remember every person I knew who was/is/pretends to be a christian went gaga over that movie. It could have been the worst piece of junk, but they'd still say how amazing it was. I couldn't even finish "Last Temptation of Christ" --

What is the best movie that debunks theism? I'm not looking to covert (it'd be nice), but it would be nice if other viewpoints were at least watched, even though I know how the close minds work.

I'm ignostic, I don't even believe in religion.

wanabe movie critique
all the cartoons I had to accompany my kids to LOL!!!

For years I was made watch It's A Wonderful Life every Christmas morn by my wife - finally caved and bought her the dvd (b/w version natch) so she can scratch that particularly irritating itch at her convenience on her own. Simply cannot stand Jimmy Stewart in that film (and a few others too truth be told).

JAMES STEWART IS MY FAVORITE ACTOR!