Pennywise Versus Freddy Kruger

Tools    

Who the badest of the bad?

The only way to defeat either is to destroy their source of power: fear. But the problem is that Freddy and Pennywise are too violent for that. However, Pennywise is more clever in the long run than violent, and Freddy's all about violence. His "cleverness" is practically limited to scary scenarios as opposed to drawing people towards him. Pennywise might be able to actually think about a way to kill Freddy. In the end, it all comes down to which character people fear the most.

I don't ascribe too much dominance to villains powered by one-liners. I've always felt both of them are a little too desperate for a laugh to be frightening. I like guys like Leatherface, who probably get angry when they don't even understand what laughing is. Instead punch themselves in the head when they don't get a joke. Scream at chickens in cages.

I don't ascribe too much dominance to villains powered by one-liners.

Reboot Nightmare on Elm Street. Freddy is a failed stand-up comedian taking revenge upon the children of the audiences who didn't laugh at his jokes. His disfiguring death occurred when he tried to switch to prop comedy and burned alive after a fire gag went wrong at an open mic night. The only real laugh he ever got from the crowd.

Reboot Nightmare on Elm Street. Freddy is a failed stand-up comedian taking revenge upon the children of the audiences who didn't laugh at his jokes. His disfiguring death occurred when he tried to switch to prop comedy and burned alive after a fire gag went wrong at an open mic night. The only real laugh he ever got from the crowd.

I want a reboot of Punchline where Freddy Krueger and John Matrix from Commando are struggling standup comics. Not finding an audience for their obviously hilarious zingers.

At least obviously hilarious to them.

Then Michael Myers shows up in town and stabs them both in the head.

I want a reboot of Punchline where Freddy Krueger and John Matrix from Commando are struggling standup comics. Not finding an audience for their obviously hilarious zingers.

At least obviously hilarious to them.

Then Michael Myers shows up in town and stabs them both in the head.

This thread reminded me of an "Epic Rap Battle of History" video: Joker vs. Pennywise.

This is one of the best IMO. It's worth a view and will probably bring about a couple involuntary snorts!

Now, I can't stand rap "music" in general, but here it's the writing & rhyming that stands out - it's almost layered in its complexity and use of references.