Mistakes from Friends: Part 1

Tools    

How many of the mistakes shown here did you notice?
50.00%
1 votes
None of them
0%
0 votes
1 of them
0%
0 votes
2 of them
0%
0 votes
3 of them
50.00%
1 votes
All of them
2 votes. You may not vote on this poll

When Warner Bros. Created the TV show Friends in 1994, a spark was created. Nobody realized that this spark would lead the show through 10 seasons. This year (2014) is the 20th anniversary of Friends, and I decided to celebrate by going through all of the Friends episodes and searching for mistakes that they made. There are actually a lot of mistakes. Some of them are big mistakes, some of them are tiny, but they're all mistakes. Let's begin.

1. Monica changes apartment
I find it interesting how Monica suddenly changes apartment in the first season. She used to live at No. 5 (Chandler lived at No. 4). I guess the editor's realized that she was meant to live high up in the building, and that No. 5 would be on the 3rd floor. So, they changed her apartment number to No. 20 (Chandler also got his apartment number changed. He got changed to No. 19).

2. Ross is 29 for 3 years
In seasons 3, 4 and 5 you'll notice that Ross claims that he's 29, even though each of those seasons have Christmas Specials. Get your age right, Ross.

3. The gang change age a lot
As you go through the seasons, you'll notice that the gang don't seem to age properly. In one episode, Joe stated that the men in the gang are all 29. In other episodes they state that they're different ages. Are they aliens?

4. Joe's fridge door doesn't work properly
In some episode's, Joe's fridge door opens from the left. In others, it opens from the right. Joe doesn't seem to notice that his fridge door keeps on changing.

All of the mistakes I've talked about so far are easily avoidable. Why on earth would the Friends editor team think that apartment No.5 would be high up in the first place? Would it have been too hard to keep track of the ages of the members of the gang? Can the editor's not keep track of how Joe opens his fridge? All of these mistakes should not have happened. That just goes to show how careless the friends editor team are.

Read my next post to see more mistakes!

P.S. Vote in the Poll. I'm curious.

Friends is absolutely riddled with stuff like this, especially when they met each other and the things they did before 1994. It's all part of the fun, for me.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
WHO GIVES A ****??!!

Thanks for the feedback! Going to try to post part 2 today!

Chappie doesn't like the real world
Friends is absolutely riddled with stuff like this, especially when they met each other and the things they did before 1994. It's all part of the fun, for me.
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of sitcoms are the same way. The Big Bang Theory is as bad or even worse.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Yeah, I've noticed a lot of sitcoms are the same way. The Big Bang Theory is as bad or even worse.
Yeah sitcoms aren't the best when it comes to continuity of its characters and the like. My favourite is when they introduce a new character (a friend, family member, boyfriend/girlfriend) you've never heard of before and then you disappear in time for the next episode never to be heard of again. Big Bang gave Sheldon a sister out of nowhere and I don't think we've seen her since

Fair enough, but the thing is nobody cares because Friends is epic. I had honestly never noticed any of that, because it doesn't really matter.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Good point JayDee. Who are all the people at Rachel's baby shower, for example? The six of them don't actually have any other friends.

Yeah sitcoms aren't the best when it comes to continuity of its characters and the like. My favourite is when they introduce a new character (a friend, family member, boyfriend/girlfriend) you've never heard of before and then you disappear in time for the next episode never to be heard of again. Big Bang gave Sheldon a sister out of nowhere and I don't think we've seen her since
But they're only there to facilitate the jokes. I've never understood this criticism of sitcoms. Once they've served the story/episode, they're done. They're not main or supporting characters. It's like moaning that the incidental characters in a road movie never show up again, isn't it?

Also, I'm pretty sure that it'd been mentioned that Sheldon had sisters, they just hadn't been in the show.

Who are all the people at Rachel's baby shower, for example? The six of them don't actually have any other friends.
There's a good joke in one of the episodes (I think when Jill visits) when there's a knock at the door and they all look at each other confused and Phoebe starts to count the people in the room.

Or Monica's wedding shower when everyone is hiding and she says she doesn't care about anyone but Phoebe and Rachel anyway.