Rank the Rocky Films

Tools    

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
There are only 4 Rocky movies IMO and those are the first 4. I like them in the sequential order they are in with part 3 or 4 being my favorite.

I always look forward Thanksgiving as some programs have Rocky marathons all day long lol.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Rocky 10/10

Rocky 2 9/10

Rocky 4 7/10 (awesome training/fight but too much filler)

Rocky 3 7/10

Rocky 5 4/10

Rocky Balboa 3/10

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Rocky 8/10
Rocky Balboa 7.5/10

I'm a crazy man because, well, that's all I've seen in its entirety. At least all that I remember.

Rocky II
Rocky III
Rocky
Rocky V
Rocky IV
Rocky Balboa

Rocky Balboa... either it hasn't grabbed me yet, or it's just too different from the rest of the films. Doesn't have the same energy.

Rocky IV is cheesy -- the story for Rocky V is better. The film isn't junked up with music videos and training montages, like IV.

Rocky II
... well, it's a sequel. The movie grabbed me more than the first film. The first film's great, but II is more emotional and III is the most fun.

Rocky

Rocky IV

Rocky Balboa

Rocky V

I don't remember much from the second and third.

Overall, I'd rate the series

Whereas the soundtrack, I rate

Welcome to the human race...
1. Rocky, B
2. Rocky III, C
3. Rocky IV, C
4. Rocky II, C
5. Rocky Balboa, C
6. Rocky V, D+

My reasoning for the rankings (especially since four of them have the same grade): Rocky is definitely a classic, though personally it doesn't completely click with me and I've only really seen it twice. II was technically decent, but the whole idea of Rocky and Apollo having a rematch and Rocky winning seemed to fly in the face of the point of the original film. III gets my pick for the best sequel on the basis of it getting the tone right between the drama of the previous films and the camp of the following two. It also gets props for Mr. T's compelling antagonist and Rocky fighting Hulk Hogan. IV gets third place because othe sheer campiness involved manages to make it so bad it's good. V was interesting because it at least tried to change up the series' formula but its attempts to recapture the original's sense of working-class melodrama fell really flat. Balboa wasn't a great movie either but at least it managed to end the series on a relative high note and stayed fairly true to the spirit of the original.

Rocky: 8/10
Rocky II: 7/10
Rocky III: 7.5/10
Rocky IV:7/10
Rocky V:6/10
Rocky Balboa:8/10

I really loved the first one, and the third one was good, but most of the other ones were cheesy. Too many montages. When i first heard about the sixth one I was skeptical, but I think it ended the series really well.

I remember liking IV the most as a kid. But I haven't seen them for years and my opinion will undoubtedly change.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Rocky IV
Rocky
Rocky III
Rocky V
Rocky Balboa
Rocky II

I am the Watcher in the Night
im a massive boxing fan and Rocky played a huge part in getting me involved, so here goes:

Rocky 9/10, just the perfect underdog movie, great action, surprisingly well acted and beautifully shot with that very natural 70s technique which the likes of Scorsese and Coppola seemed to pioneer.

Rocky II 7/10, did there need to be a sequel? no. But there is one and it's not so bad. Not as convincing a story arc as the original and not as heartfelt but still a good, fun movie.

Rocky Balboa 6/10, the (thankfully) final movie in the series and surprisingly heartfelt, this is the farewell Rocky deserved. the premise is far fetched and it's hard to imagine a boxer in his 50s trying for the heavyweight crown but hey, this is Hollywood.

Rocky III 5/10, all sensibilities seemed to have gone out the window for this one and it was just a boring watch, except for every scene with the menacing Mr T and the fight scenes were the most fantastical and brutal yet but at least there was some charm to it.

Rocky IV 2/10, just terrible, end of.

Rocky V -98876773636387/10................ -__-

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Rocky II
Rocky I
Rocky III
Rocky Balboa
Rocky 5
Rocky 4

Rocky 5 and Rocky Balboa weren't actually bad films, just a much different tone than the other films (a lot more mushy and sentimental).

While I don't hate Rocky 4, I give it the lowest rating because at that point is when it felt like they'd basically milked the formula for all it's worth and the series had begun to lose it's originality (you could basically predict how the film would go before even watching it - at least films 5 and 6 tried to do something more original with the series) - not to mention Ivan Drago was definitely the most cliche and unoriginal antagonist in the series - just think stereotypical Aryan-looking James Bond-esque thug.

Rocky 4 7/10 (awesome training/fight but too much filler)
I thought the fight was too anti-climactic - seeing as Drago had killed Rocky's best friend I think it should've ended with Drago being killed by Rocky, that's just me