Do you still own and watch any films on VHS?

Tools    

I'm teasing.

I'm don't have a flat screen TV or anything either--just a mean bias towards Apples.
OK, well I like bananas, but that doesn't have anything to do with computers either.

I Am Registered And So Can You!
I do still have a stack of VHS's but I don't really watch them anymore.

They make a functional nightstand though...

Since I'm now at a point where I'm replacing my DVDs with Blu-rays, I actually traded in some VHS tapes that I've been holding onto - just a few - yesterday, because the picture quality on them is bad and I just don't wanna keep junk around for years.

Some of those VHS tapes I had kept since I was a child. It was a little hard to get rid of them.... (and no, they weren't children's movies)

Liar Liar
Hannibal
Eddy Murphy: Raw
It's a Wonderful Life

I mostly only have them as reminders to get them on dvd when I get the paper for it, but it's nice to have them around just in case wanna see Jim Carrey gobble like a turkey and i watch It's a Wonderful Life with with my mum every Christmas. She's so old fashioned that she refuses to update anything to dvds... resulting in duplicate copies of dvd/vhs that she now owns

I still have a few horror films on vhs. The last one I watched was my old Fox ex rental of Night of the Creeps. The picture quality was awful. I also have the uncut version of Xtro, and a copy of Forbidden World aka Mutant amongst other things. Apart from a few Woody Allen films I still need to covert; most of my stuff has been upgraded to dvd now.

Oh, you are too funny. You don't even know how much I just finished laughing. Thanks!

As for me, I still have musicals on VHS...and some work-out videos like "Buns of Steel." Plus I still got a good amount of kiddie videos from my preschool teaching days: Barney, Sesame Street, (you get the idea.)

I've just been watching my old vhs copy of the largely overlooked (and excellent) 80's sci-fi flick Android. I've decided to upgrade that one next because it's pretty cheap on dvd now.

Nice.

Gah, I have hundreds of VHS tapes. Now that I've gone HD its pretty hard to watch them. HD is not kind to VHS...

Our VHS player was already damaged and can't be use now. However, we have collection of Disney tapes and movies. I also remember we had videos of our family gatherings. There's a lot of memories build in our VHS tapes. :]

Yes, I own several VHS tapes, I even have laserdiscs too.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Yeah, i still have about 4 boxes full though I have been upgrading some when I can.

Some are not on DVD, some are not worth upgrading, some I would upgrade but they are not essential so they can wait.

Kenny, don't paint your sister.
I have quite a few, but they are mostly Disney films. I don't get around to watching them much anymore. Not to mention, the VCR has been eating tapes lately.

I don't have VHS.usually i watch the films on the coputere online.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I have far more VHS than I do DVD (like many others here), and the cool thing I like about mine is that I have a way to play them optimally and a whole hell of a lot of 'em aren't even available on DVD for some idiotic reason(s).

I grew up with VHS tapes and while I love the quality of Blu-Rays, there's just something nice about watching the old grainy tapes, it feels almost more authentic. So while I have started a DVD collection, I still collect the old VHSs. In fact, if you go to thrift stores, you can get them for dirt cheap (.50 sometimes) and you get to expand on what you have (word for the wise, wipes are a must for stores of the sort.) One of the best part of DVDs though, chapters instead of STOP, REWIND