Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland"

Tools    

Like most Burton films, this'll probably look great on the big screen, but won't be that good a film. Still, that'd be a step up from his last effort, for me.

I'm looking forward to seeing a trailer soon.

Originally Posted by KasperKristensen
Really? Really?! A Burton movie starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter? Boy did I not see that coming.
Now, remember what Helena has said before -- she is not casted in Tim Burton's movies by simply being his wife -- she has to go through a grueling casting session* just like other the other actors who want the part, and somehow, the casting director always decides that Helena is the correct person for the past. She's one lucky beeeyotch, that Helena Bonham Carter. Can you imagine if she played Lotto? She'd probably win every time.

* Tim Burton ties her up on his bed in the character's costume and plows her.

Really? Really?! A Burton movie starring Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter? Boy did I not see that coming.
Funny, I was going to post the exact same thing. I mean really, how many more times can you see them both in funny looking makeup playing slight variations of the characters they played in the previous film, before you start to wonder whether or not Tim Burton's running out of ideas?

I'm not taking anything away from them as actors they both are very talented and maybe I'm being slightly harsh here. But it's becoming very monotonous and I would think as a film maker you would want to avoid that.

But then again, what do I know.

Burton has signed on for the movie adaptation of Dark Shadows (2011). I think I read that Johnny Depp will be playing Barnabas Collins. What odds that Helena will play a part.

Banned from Hollywood.
i think it will be great.

Alice in Wonderland was written for Tim Burton..he will not only pull it off, but will make another classic.

I can't wait.

my only question is...WTF is it with Tim Burton and Johnny Depp..it's become so cliche...why does he have to cast him in each and every single one of his movies?

..yeah sure Depp is a great actor but..hey mister burton..there are other actors in hollywood as well ..

do these guys have a wedding contract or something? LMAO

Tim Burton is making indeed an Alice In Wonderland and of course most people think as screwed up as his movies may be. This one may be a good one. Due to be released in theatres March of 2010. I am very excited!! I believe there are trailers out now but not on the big screen or televison quite yet. I think with Michael Sheen as the white rabbit and Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter. The movie is going to be a very strange one but I very good movie as well. I would've never thought Tim Burton to take on this film but I hope after this one he takes a few more to the higher levels of production.

Semper Fooey
I'd like to see that Dark Shadows. Alice in Wonderland, I dunno. There are a lot of different version previous and they all suck. But none of them had an important director.

I Am Registered And So Can You!
I don't think it is going to be the best movie, but at least it will be pretty to look at.

I really think that Tim Burton should stick with animation for now, because when it comes to non-animated movies, he peaked around Beetle Juice and Edward Scissorhands (in my opinion anyway).

P.S. I hated what he did to Charlie and the Chocolate factory, so I am not too excited for Alice in Wonderland.

this film's getting a lot of attention. the tim burton-johnny depp team up plus superb cast including alan rickman, helena bonham carter, anne hathaway.. the visuals look good. i think this movie's worth checking out..

Mad Hatter looks like a weird druggy version of Willy Wonka.