Things that annoy you...

Tools    

But my question is: who would do that?
They know not what they do. That’s in the Bible, I guess.

Sounds like the ignoremus who saw me picking up trash directly across the street from her car. As she pulls out she throws her can of whatever into the middle of the street. Presumably this woman is a neighbor.

That I have no idea where my lunch went.

I really wanted Habit Burger for lunch today at work. I was really looking forward to it, but since I don’t drive and it’s on the other side of town, I had to use DoorDash. I have used them many times before - both at home and at work- with no problem. Well today my food never showed up. It said it was delivered but I have no idea where. It’s not here. It’s not anywhere in the building. I contacted DoorDash and they are issuing a refund, but that still leaves me here eating a very disappointing frozen meal.

That I have no idea where my lunch went.

I really wanted Habit Burger for lunch today at work. I was really looking forward to it, but since I don’t drive and it’s on the other side of town, I had to use DoorDash. I have used them many times before - both at home and at work- with no problem. Well today my food never showed up. It said it was delivered but I have no idea where. It’s not here. It’s not anywhere in the building. I contacted DoorDash and they are issuing a refund, but that still leaves me here eating a very disappointing frozen meal.
Instead of a refund, why can’t DD bring you another lunch?

Instead of a refund, why can’t DD bring you another lunch?
That's not their policy. They only offer refund or account credit. It wouldn't have done me any good at that point anyway. I only get an hour for lunch and by the time the food was ordered, made, and delivered, my break would have been over.

People who garble or talk too fast when leaving voice mails. Sometimes we can’t figure out the name of the person or the phone number they’ve left. Idiots.

It annoys me when my employer changes my days off because there is a stat holiday. Does anyone know if a company is allowed to take away a regular scheduled day off because there is a stat holiday that week? Even when there is a stat holiday, I still end up with just 2 days off.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
My guess is you’re still coming out ahead.

There are a lot that don’t get holidays or “holidays” routinely get converted to work days. I’m guessing short of being in a union, they can do whatever. There’s a good chance your employee agreement has a catchall qualifier of “or when circumstances dictate, etc.” Meaning, the employer has the flexibility to make sure the needs of the business/operation are met first.

Even with salaried positions and when using PTO, the work has to be done regardless.

People who garble or talk too fast when leaving voice mails. Sometimes we can’t figure out the name of the person or the phone number they’ve left. Idiots.
omg i hate when that happens aswell especially at work also

You ready? You look ready.
Phone calls.

But my question is: who would do that? And why do it to someone who is in the same situation as you and who is actively trying to back out? And it wasn't like there was no one around - they saw me unload my groceries, they saw me about to back out. How did they know I wasn't a nut with a gun or something?
Deadbeats. They took advantage of the fact that they knew you’d return the cart. I’m assuming you returned the cart? I think there should be a legal requirement that you have to wear a shock collar around your wrist when you get a cart at the store, and if you don’t return the cart you can’t get the shock collar removed. So when you drive away. ZAP!

So... you know that mesh lining inside men's bathing suits?
What the HELL is it there for? Are we trying to catch fish in them or something?
Other than acting like a cheese grater on the ol' block and tackle, what the heck is it supposed to do?

It annoys me when my employer changes my days off because there is a stat holiday. Does anyone know if a company is allowed to take away a regular scheduled day off because there is a stat holiday that week? Even when there is a stat holiday, I still end up with just 2 days off.
What is a “stat” holiday?

When you think of something really good to write about on this thread yesterday...
Then today, you can't remember what it was.
I thought of a perfect thing for movie clichés at the weekend, but now can’t remember what it was.

Deadbeats. They took advantage of the fact that they knew you’d return the cart. I’m assuming you returned the cart? I think there should be a legal requirement that you have to wear a shock collar around your wrist when you get a cart at the store, and if you don’t return the cart you can’t get the shock collar removed. So when you drive away. ZAP!
I got a “shock” this a.m. in CVS. For the 1st time, I had to lift a sort of window thing to get my calcium tablets & when the window thing is lifted a buzzer goes off. It was so unnerving, I felt like a criminal. Guess this is the latest thing to deter shoplifting though I don’t see how it could be monitored.

What the HELL is it there for? Are we trying to catch fish in them or something?
Other than acting like a cheese grater on the ol' block and tackle, what the heck is it supposed to do?
I would imagine it’s there for reinforcement - a double layer to stop your genitals from falling out.

You ready? You look ready.
Keep your bits inside so others ain't get a surprise

But really it's actually meant to keep sand out your shorts.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

What is a “stat” holiday?
:
A statutory holiday, ie. a legally recognized one, such as Christmas or Good Friday. Employees can’t be forced to work Stat holidays and are paid extra if they agree to work them.

My brother suggested that the mesh in a bathing suit takes the place of underwear.
But my question is: what does one need of underwear while swimming?
I could buy the idea that if you lose your suit (which can happen in some water sports or rough surf) you'd still have something (underwear) covering you, but with the mesh lining, the mesh underwear goes with the suit if you lose it.