Any great spiritual movie 2019 or 2020?

Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
No. Spirituality died out somewhere at the beginning of the 2010s. All filmmakers care about now is either a secular "woke" approach, or just plain disgusting consumerism masquerading as art for hipsters. Be it Left, or Right, they just spew out their terrible yarns, devoid of soul, spiritually barren. Even when you do get quality content (not often), you just end up with humanism-less, spirituality-less, and most of the time romanticism-less albeit well-intentioned perfectible films that give you instant gratification. They might be food for your mind, but never for your soul.

It's never been good time for spirituality in film, but nowadays is the worst. Possibly ever.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

You might need to expound a little on "spiritual." Just metaphysically themed, wholesome, or explicitly religious? There are lots of religiously-themed movies made for religious audiences, but their quality is...usually not great, to say the least.

No. Spirituality died out somewhere at the beginning of the 2010s. All filmmakers care about now is either a secular "woke" approach, or just plain disgusting consumerism masquerading as art for hipsters. Be it Left, or Right, they just spew out their terrible yarns, devoid of soul, spiritually barren. Even when you do get quality content (not often), you just end up with humanism-less, spirituality-less, and most of the time romanticism-less albeit well-intentioned perfectible films that give you instant gratification. They might be food for your mind, but never for your soul.

It's never been good time for spirituality in film, but nowadays is the worst. Possibly ever.
You must be kidding

You might need to expound a little on "spiritual." Just metaphysically themed, wholesome, or explicitly religious? There are lots of religiously-themed movies made for religious audiences, but their quality is...usually not great, to say the least.
Yes, thank you spiritual sounds quite widely. I give an example, was talking more about
esoteric films, for example, Peaceful Warrior 2006

Well, it is a relative idea to say the least. The genre of ‘Peaceful Warrior’ is listed as sport/drama. What comes to mind is ‘A Prayer Before Dawn’ (2017).

In terms of ‘spiritual’, I would suggest ‘Wild’ (2014), ‘The Way’ (2010), and ‘Heaven Knows What’ (2015), but I can’t think of anything more recent.

‘The Tale’ (2018) and ‘Marriage Story’ (2019) have spiritual themes, but I feel that’s veering too far out into drama.

Oh, thanks the most attractive is "The Tale" will go to my list

I love that film. If ‘The Tale’ works for you, you might also like ‘Una’ (2016). ‘The Reflecting Skin’ (1990) is a bit different and some call it horror, but I’d say it has a certain spiritual angle.

oo, thanks have checked the trailer Una, seems I will like. Tnx

I think that storytelling is inherently a spiritual act. So all movies are spiritual, because they tell stories.
Anything can be a spiritual act if done with a spiritual mindset.

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Check out I Am Patrick. I haven't seen it so I dont know how good it is. It stars John Rhys-Davies who played Sallah in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Check out I Am Patrick. I haven't seen it so I dont know how good it is. It stars John Rhys-Davies who played Sallah in Raiders of the Lost Ark.

thanks, have checked trailer looks curios

I can see faux-spirituality in movies, like those epics of decades past, but once you involve egotistic actors and directors, bean-counting accountants, technicians looking for an animated God-sky and financial backers who are calculating profit based on who will go to see the movie and how much food they buy at the theater, it gets to be like pure, clear water running past a leaking coal mine.