5th wave

Tools    

To be honest I wasn't really excited about this movie. But after seeing this interview I think these guys are going to be a fair and accurate interpretation of the books I don't know what you guys think about It?

I didn't know it was a book series but having seen the trailer what didn't inspire me was Chloe Moretz's voiceover. She doesn't sound like a character with any fight in her.

I'll watch it because most of the writing/producing team working on this is making The Dark Tower movie. I'm not especially hopeful, but Maika Monroe and Moretz are talented enough.

I'll watch it because most of the writing/producing team working on this is making The Dark Tower movie. I'm not especially hopeful, but Maika Monroe and Moretz are talented enough.
They are? All I know is that the adaptation has kept being reworked and they keep changing directors. Where did you find this out if it's alright for me to ask?

They are? All I know is that the adaptation has kept being reworked and they keep changing directors. Where did you find this out if it's alright for me to ask?
According to imdb (not the most accurate place for upcoming movies, but I have seen this in a few places), 5th Wave writers Akiva Goldsman and Jeff Pinkner will be 2 of the 3 Dark Tower writers. Apparently the producer claim is no longer valid, as they dumped most of the old ones when Ron Howard got off it. Considering their previous work includes Batman and Robin and Winter's Tale, I'm not expecting much, but I've been surprised before.

Is it petty to say I want this thing to fail because of how severely annoying the unskippable 30 second ads (by which I mean often the same ad used over and over) that show up for what I swear sometimes ends up being like ten Youtube videos in a row are?

It probably is. I feel that way anyway.

(And it doesn't look interesting to me either.)