30th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Ok, I've narrowed my choices to 12. Will probably send tomorrow.

I decided to join. My nomination is available on YouTube, so once the noms are revealed, I'll post the link in this thread.
Glad you could join Cool nom too! I think people will be interested in seeing it.

One thing please don't post the YouTube link in the thread, you can just message the members with it if they need it.

Glad you could join Cool nom too! I think people will be interested in seeing it.

One thing please don't post the YouTube link in the thread, you can just message the members with it if they need it.
Aren't YouTube links exceptions to the no-link rule? I know that Putlocker, 123movie, etc. links aren't allowed since they come from sites devoted to posting pirated versions of film, but YouTube is, of course, different.

Aren't YouTube links exceptions to the no-link rule? I know that Putlocker, 123movie, etc. links aren't allowed since they come from sites devoted to posting pirated versions of film, but YouTube is, of course, different.
YouTube is a legal site of course, but people still illegally download movies onto YouTube. What I think happens is that it's easier for YouTube to catch the people and take it down when it's posted somewhere. So in theory, if you post the link it could get taken down and not be available to us anymore.

YouTube is a legal site of course, but people still illegally download movies onto YouTube. What I think happens is that it's easier for YouTube to catch the people and take it down when it's posted somewhere. So in theory, if you post the link it could get taken down and not be available to us anymore.
Fair, I'll just stick to DMs then.

I think the "Do not directly link or embed films in this thread." goes back to the 17th HoF and Miss Vicky was the first to come up with...at least that's when I first seen it written. Most of the host since then have used that rule so it's fairly standardized in HoFs.

Cool nominations. Here are some brief thoughts:

An Autumn Afternoon (I remember it being pretty good, but not Ozu's best)
Dead Man's Letters (this is my nomination; curious how you'll all react to it)
Dog Day Afternoon (I remember it being a bit overlong, but otherwise, I enjoyed it quite a bit)
Fat Girl (I think the ending kills a lot of the potential of what comes before, but I did enjoy the earlier parts of the film)
Ida (haven't seen this one; looking forward to it)
Lawrence of Arabia (It's been years since I've seen this one, but I'll look forward to rewatching it)
Ship of Fools (haven't heard of this one; looking forward to it)
Valley of Dolls (I've heard of this one, but I haven't seen it; looking forward to it as well)

There are two I don't care to see. Lol.

I want to see what others have. When is the deadline to let you know?

Some really interesting nominations. My thoughts:

I haven’t seen An Autumn Afternoon but Ozu is excellent and I look forward to checking it out.
Dead Man’s Letters sounds really interesting. Haven’t heard of it before.
Dog Day Afternoon is fantastic. Looking forward to rewatching it.
Fat Girl is my nomination. I’m curious and a little scared as to see how people will respond to it.
Ida I have seen once and was a little underwhelmed by, but maybe I will like it more on rewatch.
Lawrence of Arabia is a great classic and I’m due for a rewatch.
Ship of Fools I saw once, but wasn’t a big fan. Maybe a rewatch will change my mind.
Valley of the Dolls I enjoyed and am due for a rewatch.