Personal Recommendation Hall of Fame VI

Tools    

I'm working on my movie choices, some of you have seen a lot of films and some of you I'm not sure what do choose.
There's a few movies I want to see but I'm game for anything

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
It's funny how it's harder to pick for some people than others. Some of you I've had a movie picked out since the last one! Some I don't know what to go with and keep second guessing myself. I'm not sure if cricket will love or hate what I've picked but I'm going with it

Anyway, since others are doing it and the list isn't up yet, movies I haven't seen from the comedy countdown:

WARNING: "a lot of comedy movies, apparently" spoilers below

93. The 40-Year-Old Virgin (2005)
92. Pee Wee's Big Adventure (1985)
91. Stripes (1981)
90. Hausu (1977)
86. One, Two, Three (1961)
81. Step Brothers (2008)
80. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation (1989)
75. Best in Show (2000)
71. The Hangover (2009)
70. The Nice Guys (2016)
67. Kung Fu Hustle (2004)
64. Happy Gilmore (1996)
63. The In-Laws (1979)
60. What’s Up, Doc? (1972)
59. Tropic Thunder (2008)
55. National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983)
53. My Cousin Vinny (1992)
52. Dirty Rotten Scoundrels (1988)
39. Superbad (2007)
34. Trading Places (1983)
32. National Lampoon's Animal House (1978)
25. Caddyshack (1980)
18. Office Space (1999)

Anyway, since others are doing it and the list isn't up yet, movies I haven't seen from the comedy countdown:

"a lot of comedy movies, apparently"
I accidentally lost track during the Countdown, but I'm going to guess and say I only saw ~60% of them, so I might have you beat for "least amount of comedies seen".

Except for Siddon (who has already seen everything I thought he might like and will probably have to receive a blind nom from me), I managed to pick out between 2 and 8 films for everyone else, though I'm not particularly confident in my choices.

Since I put in all that time creeping on people's lists, I should probably go ahead and officially join, but I'm still on the fence. I'd been thinking lately that I wanted to take a break from the HoFs to just watch what I want, but of course the nature of these Personal Recs threads makes the idea of joining a lot more compelling.

Except for Siddon (who has already seen everything I thought he might like and will probably have to receive a blind nom from me), I managed to pick out between 2 and 8 films for everyone else, though I'm not particularly confident in my choices.

Since I put in all that time creeping on people's lists, I should probably go ahead and officially join, but I'm still on the fence. I'd been thinking lately that I wanted to take a break from the HoFs to just watch what I want, but of course the nature of these Personal Recs threads makes the idea of joining a lot more compelling.
We all hope you're in!

Hope you're in Oh and I should be easy to choose for, I have lots of movies on my list I haven't seen. Some I might even like

The trick is not minding

I’ll slide into your lists, in a non creepy manner, and select a film for you later tonight.

Darn. That sounded even creepier.

Alright, I'm in!

I love: sci-fi, supernatural horror, black comedies, fantasy, film noir (neo and classic)
I typically dislike: musicals, coming of age dramas
I despise: documentaries (exception: ones about film making), French New Wave

I should offer a slight warning about older films (pre-60s), since there are quite a few of those (particularly noirs and samurai films) I saw on tv when I was younger that I don't know the names of. A lot of those films have similar sounding basic plot synopses, so I'm not completely confident I've marked off everything I've actually seen. If something sounds way too familiar, I'll let you know right away in case you want to choose something different.

Alright, I'm in!

I love: sci-fi, supernatural horror, black comedies, fantasy, film noir (neo and classic)
I typically dislike: musicals, coming of age dramas
I despise: documentaries (exception: ones about film making), French New Wave

I should offer a slight warning about older films (pre-60s), since there are quite a few of those (particularly noirs and samurai films) I saw on tv when I was younger that I don't know the names of. A lot of those films have similar sounding basic plot synopses, so I'm not completely confident I've marked off everything I've actually seen. If something sounds way too familiar, I'll let you know right away in case you want to choose something different.
Beautiful!

How early tomorrow is too early to send our films in by the way? I'm usually online between 2-2:30am Eastern while having my pre-work coffee, so I can PM my choices then if that's alright (and assuming no one new joins overnight).

How early tomorrow is too early to send our films in by the way? I'm usually online between 2-2:30am Eastern while having my pre-work coffee, so I can PM my choices then if that's alright (and assuming no one new joins overnight).
You can start sending in 12 hours and 5 minutes!

YOU CAN START SENDING YOUR NOMINATIONS IN 12 HOURS!!

First come first served, and I will go through everyone's PMs in order. The sooner you send, the less likely you'll have to pick again!