MoFo Fantasy Football 2021 - Sign-Ups

Tools    

The trick is not minding
First big injury news. Travis Etienne will miss the entire 2021 season due to a Lis franc injury.

Had my eye on him as a possible sleeper in the late rounds.

Done some mocks, I think I like my slot okay. If someone 4th-through-8th wants to swap I probably would, but I don't feel too strongly about it either way.

Yeah, it almost never is. People flip out about low draft slots but they're fine, just require a slight adjustment in perspective really.

The primary downside of extreme draft slots--either high or low--is that you have very few opportunities to catch players who call, whereas people in the middle get lots of those chances. The upside is it really clarifies your decisions, since you're not picking again for a long time. There's a lot less guesswork about whether such-and-such will fall, say, another half round or so.

If I knew nothing at all about a draft or the players involved I'd take a slot somewhere in the middle just to hedge bets.

The trick is not minding
I think I’m better prepared this year then last. I know who to focus on in the early rounds and who the appropriate backup options are.

I’m ready for this to begin.

Just double-checking: draft at noon central time tomorrow, correct?
Correct.

Most years I ping everyone the day before (IE: today) but it doesn't really seem to matter in practice, so meh.

I will not be video-ing in live this time. I have a band gig at 4:00, which means we start setting up at 2:00. So I am driving way early to get there by like 12:45 at the latest, get in my backseat, fire up my mobile hotspot, open up the computer, and draft from 1:00 to whenever we are done.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

A system of cells interlinked
Petey is joining me at my place for the draft, so prob not jumping on video this time, either. See you all at the draft!

I will not be on video either... on account of I always draft in the nude as I feel it offers me a mental edge over my opponents.
And yet most people are told, when intimidated, to "just picture everyone else in their underwear." Strange.

I guess in your case that's actually more clothing, though, so maybe it holds.

Anyway, sounds like not a lot of interest in the video chat this year, so we'll probably skip it.

Let the night air cool you off
And yet most people are told, when intimidated, to "just picture everyone else in their underwear." Strange.

I guess in your case that's actually more clothing, though, so maybe it holds.

Anyway, sounds like not a lot of interest in the video chat this year, so we'll probably skip it.
please don't use the word hold when talking about me in the nude please.

Wow, only took an hour! I guess that's what happens when the draft's nearly full and almost everyone knows who they want. Think Adam was the only absent one, and he specifically told me he couldn't get a reliable signal where he was.

Like my team quite a bit. I think my starting lineup is pretty good as-is, but I like it because I love my backups/depth/fliers. I didn't get everyone I was targeting late, but there were only two or three guys I thought might fall that didn't quite, which is way better than usual.

Lotta guesswork, as always, but that's my current mood.

The trick is not minding
I feel like Yahoo is under estimating Chris Carson.

I like my draft, and got pretty much who I wanted with a few exceptions. QB’s went off the board faster then I expected so I went with Brady, who I never expected to grab. Still, no real complaints.

I know Yoda is high on Johnson at Houston but I think Ingram will get the bulk of the carries. We’ll see how that works out. Houston is a mess.

Lance and Smith have some promise as rookies and I was only too happy to nab them as backups. Who knows, both could be decent trade baits if they perform up to expectations, especially if/when Lance gets the starter position.

Overall, I think it’s actually better then what Yahoo is giving me credit for.

Looking forward to the season boy!

Yahoo says I should have autodrafted
Yeah shockingly it thinks Adam had the best draft. But duh, it bases that on the same projections the ranks are based on, so if it didn't like autodrafters that'd be pretty weird.

I know Yoda is high on Johnson at Houston but I think Ingram will get the bulk of the carries. We’ll see how that works out. Houston is a mess.
Eh. I'm just high on getting someone who's #1 on the RB depth chart as late as the 12th round. It won't shock me at all if he's totally useless and/or gets supplanted a month into the season. Not excited about him, but that's not something I can pass up that late.

It's funny, though, more and more the "if he overtakes the veteran he could be huge!" guys are going not just before the boring old vets ahead of them on the depth chart, but increasingly way ahead of them. The whole thing has shifted quite a bit. I get it, to a point: the home run swings tend to be what win leagues. But I also think that shift has been so thorough that there's suddenly arbitrage zagging back the other way.