Cricket's top 100 horror movies

→ in
Tools    

I wasn't around in the 80s so watching for the first time in 2012 Slumber Party Massacre did feel dated, really like Texas Chainsaw Massacre though.,

The Conjuring and Halloween are G.R.E.A.T.

The Ring , Final Destination , The Wicker Man and The Texas Chainsaw Massacre are very good !

great list so far man !

Donnie-

How did you happen to come upon Slumber Party Massacre in 2012? It seems a bit random when I think about it.

DV-

I think we've got the same taste, but I've seen more old horror than you, and you've seen more of the newer horror than me.

Well, as you probably know, I love Slumber Party Massacre. I actually did see it in the '80s when I was really young. My parents had it taped on a VHS tape.

Donnie-

How did you happen to come upon Slumber Party Massacre in 2012? It seems a bit random when I think about it.
I think I saw someone post about it and seemed like something I'd like, and sure enough it was on Netflix Instant.

It might have been me. Maybe. I am something of a Slumber Party Massacre cheerleader around here.

I was just going to say it was probably SC. I worked at a video store as a teen in the 80's so I had my pick of the litter of everything that came out. It was awesome.

65. Frontiers (2007)

This French horror delivers extreme violence in a big way.*

64. Cannibal Ferox (1981)

This Italian exploitation movie is essentially the same as Cannibal Holocaust. I like this one a little better.

63. The Crazies (2010)

This was a big surprise when I saw it, a must see for horror fans.

62. The Sentinel (1977)

I saw this at the movies when it was out and it gave me nightmares. I would call it a lost classic.*

61. The Collector (2009)

This was another surprise for me; intense and thrilling.

This is the first set where I don't like anything. Not that I've seen Frontiers, The Sentinel or The Collector.

Yeah I have not seen these.

All of the movies that came out in the past ten years -- most of them look terrible. I hate horror movies made nowadays.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I think everyone knows that I love Triangle, Halloween and Dog Soldiers by now.

I just saw The Entity for the first time, sorta. It's one that I had seen before but was very hazy on. I'm not even sure I saw the entire movie the first time. I highly recommend it, but maybe don't sleep alone that night. Especially the females.

The Crazies I throughly enjoyed. Doesn't hurt that what's his name was the main character.

I haven't seen The Frontieres and am not sure I want to. I'm not big on the real violent type horror movies. I like mine more ghosty and monstery. Having said that I'm watching The Woman tonight which is pretty sick. I just want to see it again because I need to know if I agree with someone or not.

The Sentinel is good, it's like a stripped down version of The Devils.

Still a lot that I haven't seen. Several people have praised Triangle lately, so I need to seek it out before the twist gets spoiled for me. I love Cannibal Holocaust, so I'm anxious to see Cannibal Ferox. I'm not a big fan of slashers, but the title and cover of Slumber Party Massacre seems to promise lots of T&A, so that's reason enough for me to watch it. Never heard of Frontiers. Is it anything like Inside? If so, I'm sure I'd like it.

I'm surprised you're not a bigger fan of Texas Chain Saw Massacre. That's one of my all-time favorite films. I also like/love The Birds, The Ring, Final Destination, Dog Soldiers, The Blob and Halloween. The Collector was decent. The others I either haven't seen or didn't like.

Speaking of Halloween, though, I just learned a few days that Jaime Lee Curtis is the daughter of Janet Leigh and Tony Curtis. That kinda blew my mind.

65. Frontiers (2007)

This French horror delivers extreme violence in a big way.*

64. Cannibal Ferox (1981)

This Italian exploitation movie is essentially the same as Cannibal Holocaust. I like this one a little better.

63. The Crazies (2010)

This was a big surprise when I saw it, a must see for horror fans.

62. The Sentinel (1977)

I saw this at the movies when it was out and it gave me nightmares. I would call it a lost classic.*

61. The Collector (2009)

This was another surprise for me; intense and thrilling.

Five great choices. The Collector is a great psychological thriller. Cannibal Ferox is one of the classic video nasties. I don't remember much about The Sentinel, I think I've only seen it once. The Crazies is far superior to the original, and Frontiers is my third favorite extreme french horror after Martrys and High Tension.

Godoggo-

Please report back on The Woman; I just looked that up and it sounds promising.

Captain-

I think of Frontiers and Inside in the same light as they're both French, very violent, and from the same time period, but Inside is much more contained, where as Frontiers gets a little out of control.

I was stunned to find out that Cannibal Holocaust and Ferox had different directors. They're identical as far as style and content, and I think they even share a couple common actors. The excuse for a story is just a little different.

I'm going to watch Texas Chainsaw again soon. I haven't seen it since my horror preference has strongly trended towards shear brutality.

60. I Spit on Your Grave (1978)

Rape and revenge is always a strong hook for me. The remake isn't bad either.

59. Mother's Day (2010)

This movie turned out to be a lot more disturbing than I expected-always a big plus.

58. The Descent (2005)

Plenty of chills and thrills in what I thought was a pretty original horror movie.

57. Stir of Echoes (1999)

Suspenseful and freaky; very under the radar.

56. Sleepaway Camp (1983)

Terrific slasher of it's era with one of the all time great endings.