Obama's Failures

Tools    

Semper Fooey
Since your user title reads Semper Fooey (spelled wrong, just so you know) it means, quite literally, that you are Always in Disbelief....so I get why you argue so much now, Will.
I was spoofing some guy who used to hang out here whose tag was Semper Fi.

The Nobel Peace Prize looks increasingly ridiculous, yes. But then, giving it to someone on spec was pretty ridiculous, too. If someone gives you an Oscar because your trailer looks great, I guess they can't take it back if the movie sucks.

Yeah, as I said at the time, giving Obama the Nobel Peace Prize was completely ridiculous. It was very clear even in his acceptance speech that President Obama had no intention of being the peace President. Now maybe there are good reasons for that and maybe there aren't, depending on your perspective, but I think what most rational people can agree on is that he was a totally inappropriate selection for this honor. Given that he knew that he would be unable to fulfill the mandate that Nobel had unwisely bestowed upon him, he really should have declined to accept the prize, instead of accepting it and then proceeding to make a complete and total mockery of everything that it stands for.

First of all, check this out:

Second, Obama is a worthless lying twat and should be impeached.

Third, if he isn't impeached, then the American people are terminally apathetic and degenerate beyond hope.

Fourth, I just ate half a pint of Ben & Jerry's Pistachio Pistachio while crying on the inside.

#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

Oh yes lets listen to the highschool dropout, admitted pedophile, The Amazing Atheist. A guy who hasn't worked a day in his life and who's known for doing fundraising shams, such as his Katrina campaign really know what he's talking about. The guy is an idiot, who makes anyone who sees eye to eye on any of his policies look bad.

I just want to react on Teeter_G's so called statistics about the unemployment rate under Obama. (no personal offence of course)

One of the first things I've learnt, studying economy at the university, is that employment is directly linked to economical activity. I guess most of you knew that, but clearly you forgot it if you think this kind of statistics have any relative meaning at all.

Obama's presidency started in 2008, the beginning of the worst financial and economical crisis since the great depression!

Your statistics don't prove ANYTHING about Obama's capacities as a president whatsoever. It's completely out of his hands.

I'm not mixing myself in other debates, as I'm not a partisan, nor an opponent of Barack Obama, but I just wanted to point out that this kind of statistics prove absolutely nothing.
I guess I can't stand information that is used out of context.

The guy in the video is The Amazing Atheist, everything I stated about him is true. He's a HS drop out, and admitted pedophile, and a known fraud when it comes to his fundraiser. I'll send you a link with all the information about him.

Oh yes lets listen to the highschool dropout, admitted pedophile, The Amazing Atheist. A guy who hasn't worked a day in his life and who's known for doing fundraising shams, such as his Katrina campaign really know what he's talking about. The guy is an idiot, who makes anyone who sees eye to eye on any of his policies look bad.
I knew the Amazing Atheist was a prick, a man who had a big online scandal over rape comments, and produced some unfunny videos on the net. I was not tracking he was a pedo or these fundraising scams. Fuel for the fire i guess.

Okay, well, let's say he is a pedophile. I wasn't aware. Thanks for the warning but that is still irrelevant to the point of Obama's fitness to be president. I could've posted any number of vids or articles denouncing Obama with the same points, and I'm doubtful they're all pedophiles too... or I could just start listing scandals. Either way, the substance of my post stands. I'll edit out his vid and replace it with something more suitable and less easily targeted for ad hominem if you can provide credible evidence he diddles kids. Other than that, let's focus on the point of Obama's fitness to lead, instead of focusing on people's fitness to criticize. Fair enough?

I was just pointing out he's invalid to listen to with any seriousness. But sure there's a valid argument to impeach the president. Will it happen? No. But it'd be fair, but then we'd have to impeach all the following, unless someone like one of the Paul's or Gary Johnson start shining.

Haha, got me there. The difference is that Polanski learned and has apologized for his mistakes. While The Amaizng Athiest always pushes for 12 to be the age of consent and what not. A remorse kind of thing.

I'm not old, you're just 12.

Third, if he isn't impeached, then the American people are terminally apathetic and degenerate beyond hope.
But the American people ARE terminally apathetic...

Look, whatever scandals people can whip up to disgrace the president, unless they're sensationalistic, nobody's going to care. Unless you can maybe get Obama to sleep with an intern or some hookers, it's just not interesting enough for the common man to care about.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I don't understand the assumption that entertainment value is the primary basis for concern. I care because 1. I live here, 2. because an administration's actions affects many people at home and abroad, 3. and those actions will potentially alter the course of my country and ultimately its nature, 4. which means it will affect those little people most of us claim to care about, since they will inherit the consequences of our collective choices, including our inaction, and five it's just the decent thing to care, bro.

If you base your involvement in the things that matter purely on whether it's fun enough, you're an amoral hedonist and don't care much about anything except your own pleasurable sensations, anyways. You're certainly not a good person, regardless of how you try to rationalize it by saying you pay taxes and don't rape or murder.

It's not good enough.

Just to be clear, that wasn't aimed at anyone here in particular.

I'm not that naive; I know many people are like that.

But I am kind of sick and tired of people chilling discussion with "nobody cares, anyway" and a shrug. Let the people who don't care speak for themselves or not, don't sweepingly trivialize a subject by validating their immature and selfish perception. If anyone doesn't care, then go play XBox or watch reality shows or something. I don't need to hear any more about your indifference to the things I care about.