Quick Reply Box

Tools    

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Hey, I came across this feature on a forum which was really cool, it was this little box below the threads which you could write and post your reply in without clicking on all the "post it" buttons, i'm not doing a good job of selling it here (it's a free hack and saves you bout 3 clicks and time loading) but trust me it kicks arse, when you start using it there is no going back to the normal droning method!

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, but then you don't have all the features like the Bold, Italics, Underline, Size, Color, Link, Email, List, Quote Smilies...on and on and on.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

It should save you only one click, unless you were going to preview, but I like it. I almost voted for it a while back, but chose new smileys instead.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Originally posted by spudracer
Yeah, but then you don't have all the features like the Bold, Italics, Underline, Size, Color, Link, Email, List, Quote Smilies...on and on and on.
yeah, but honestly, everyone knows how to ["b"]old things! and you don't always use them!! Besides they'll still be able to do it normally

Fezzie jumps up and down spoiled bratt stylee screaming "mummy said I can have a quick reply box"

Fez: believe me, I'm a vBulletin freak...I know of the hack very well. I've installed it for others and, IMO, modified it to make it twice as useful as it used to be (neat little DHTML trick I used )...I've given it some thought but it didn't get much support in that poll, I don't think. At least nothing overwhelming.

Fire: I think it was a multiple-choice poll, actually. If enough people want the feature I'm sure I can find a compromise.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I'll strike a deal with you TWT, you stick the quick reply box on and I'll give you a big fat snog

What's the harm in sticking it in? If people don't like it they can ignore it, although with the nature of some of the posting that goes on it could be very useful

I used to run forums of my own and got battered and bruised when I took that feature off, although not many people cared to praise it when I first installed it

Snog, eh? I'll pass. But if a few others show enough support here, I'll throw it in there. I'm pretty damn proud of my tweaking of it, so I wouldn't mind polishing it up some and trying it out here. Hmm...we'll see how some of the other MoFos react.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I'll give you a big snogeth anyway, because I love you so

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
/me awaits patiently

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Bump

Hint

Nudge

Squint

Ta-da: the first post ever written with the Quick Reply Box. You'll find it at the bottom of each thread page...click on the "Post a Quick Reply" text, and the box should appear. Sorry for the delay, Fez.

Very neat Yoda... 'bout time a site as refined as this got around to having a quick reply box

Morbida
yes I like very much!

Well, you can reply quicker with a quick reply (some people hate having to load another page), but you don't get all those vB Code buttons and such.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
yes! yes yes! yes yes yes!

I think there's going to be an increase in my post count